Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Tennis: Rogers Masters - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Rogers Masters (1936 Views)

Brendan Rogers Says Balotelli Is Working A Lions To End Goal Quest / Mario Balotelli Ignores Brendan Rogers Order To Applaud Fans After Defeat...Hmm / London Olympics Tennis Final : Serena Willams Vs Sharapova (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tennis: Rogers Masters by PDF: 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2007
Rogers Masters
August 5-12, 2007
$2,200,000 / 32 Draw
Hard

Depending Champ, Federer celebrated his 26th birthday yesterday with a win over the big-serving, ace-master Ivo Karlovic (7-6(2), 7-6(3)).  Nadal also cruised past former world number one, Marat Safin (7-6, 6-0).  They are both through to the third round.

Murray, Gonzalez, Canas, Robredo and some other seeds have crashed out so early.  Who will emerge the winner?

Seeds: 1Roger Federer, 2Rafael Nadal, 3Novak Djokovic, 4Nikolay Davydenko, 5Andy Roddick, 6Fernando Gonzalez, 7Tommy Robredo, 8Richard Gasquet, 9James Blake, 10Tomas Berdych, 11Ivan Ljubicic, 12Tommy Haas, 13Andy Murray, 14Mikhail Youzhny, 15Canas Guillermo

Today's Fixtures:
Federer vs. Fognini (Murray's conqueror)
Nadal vs. Mattieu
Djokovic vs. Nalbandian
Roddick vs. Baghdatis
Haas vs. Stepanek (Mr. Hingis)
Davydenko vs. Youzhny

Happy Belated Birthday, Roger

Good to be back, briefly though
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PDF: 9:42pm On Aug 09, 2007
Some Third Round Results:

Davydenko - Youzhny   7-6, 6-3
Stepanek - Haas   6-3, 2-6, 6-2
Djokovic - Nalbandian   6-2, 6-3
Federer - Fognini   6-1, 6-1
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by marlet01(m): 12:42am On Aug 10, 2007
Monsieur PDF; You and this your tennis sef! tongue tongue
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 2:57am On Aug 10, 2007
woah there! i thought no one was watching the masters.

one question - why is it called the Roger's masters cup? For Roger Federer?

Dancevic just eliminated Verdasco, to play Nadal in the quarter finals. Best game so far has been Paul Henri Mathieu vs Guillermo Canas! Classic.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by marlet01(m): 3:13am On Aug 10, 2007
Davidylan is that not you! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by iice(f): 3:15am On Aug 10, 2007
*subscribing*
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 3:19am On Aug 10, 2007
marlet01:

Davidylan is that not you! shocked shocked shocked

thou sayest. grin

Is anyone watching the Roddick - Baghdatis game right now? Roddick is up 6-2, 4-2. Not very impressive, take away the serve and Roddick is very beatable. Baghdatis has pretty much thrown away this match with numerous outrageous unforced errors.

shocked 2 terrific points won by Roddick!
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 3:21am On Aug 10, 2007
i take my words back! some unbelievable tennis from Roddick! shocked
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by marlet01(m): 3:26am On Aug 10, 2007
David

Men; I ain't watching all those stuffs - maybe just once in a while cause of it's boringness.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 3:29am On Aug 10, 2007
boring? lol i used to think tennis was boring until i started going with my small cousin to the US junior nationals. Its so much fun once you understand the rules and how the game is played. Dont miss the Federer - Hewitt game tomorrow at 1pm ET. That promises to be a classic.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 3:30am On Aug 10, 2007
Roddick - 6-2, 6-3.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by acidrop(f): 3:31am On Aug 10, 2007
how hot is that roddick, he is the reason i started watching tennis, and how good is Roger, mannn, that dude 's got tennis veins
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by iice(f): 3:32am On Aug 10, 2007
Don't like roddick that much

Hewitt too but my bro loves Hewitt.

Hmmmm better set an alarm for the Federer game
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 3:35am On Aug 10, 2007
Roddick hot? shocked
Roddick will be shown up against a more consistent player in Djokovic. He wont make as many errors as baghdatis did tonite.

Federer hands up is the best tennis player the world has seen in over a decade. He's won wimbledon without a coach and is throught to the QFs here with a 45 minute 6-1, 6-1 thrashing of Fabio Fognini, the same player who beat Andy Murray.

Hewitt is improving, he's got Roger's former coach now so we'll see how well he plays tomorrow. I dont see him doing better than a top ten place again.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by acidrop(f): 3:36am On Aug 10, 2007
hewitt's wife is hot. and he is like ugly. i dont know how he scored a girl like that
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 3:38am On Aug 10, 2007
he's got money and he's famous. grin
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by marlet01(m): 3:41am On Aug 10, 2007
iice:

Don't like roddick that much

Hewitt too but my bro loves Hewitt.

Hmmmm better set an alarm for the Federer game

Iice did u miss ur way ? tongue tongue tongue tongue

Am so suprised shocked shocked shocked shocked

I thought ur initial post was a mistake grin grin grin grin grin

@ David

I don't know what you would do to me to make me like that "Boring" Sport - Imagine Federer playing, running from one end of the court to the other and lots of pple are there applauding him - I mean It's kinda strange 2 me.
Whites are kinda dry.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by acidrop(f): 3:43am On Aug 10, 2007
PTH:

he's got money and he's famous. grin

so did the girl, she was a model, and had her own tv show, "home n away"
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by iice(f): 3:50am On Aug 10, 2007
marlet lol

Tennis is one of the few sports i like
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by marlet01(m): 3:56am On Aug 10, 2007
Is alrite.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 3:56am On Aug 10, 2007
Tennis and golf! Much better than the useless MLS we are fed with here.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by marlet01(m): 4:08am On Aug 10, 2007
Haha! David; you make me laugh - Nothing is more interesting than soccer itself. It brings emotions both positive and negative, The most watch, It's simply the best.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 4:39am On Aug 10, 2007
soccer is my number one sport but i dont like the MLS. give me tennis any day
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by marlet01(m): 4:53am On Aug 10, 2007
Tennis is more like a recreational activity one plays with his friends just like B.ball, but soccer is the most interesting; maybe the MLS is not so interesting afterall how bout the EPL:English Premier League? ? ?
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PDF: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2007
So u guys were hiding all this while. Good to see u all around.  iice, the subscriber, where's viee, dinozzo, doyin? Marlet, tennis and I are inseparable. David, u've crossed admin's path, shey?

Quarter-Final Fixtures

Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) - Radek Stepanek( CZE)
Roger Federer (SUI) - Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)
Andy Roddick (USA) - Novak Djokovic (SRB)
Frank Dancevic (CAN) - Rafael Nadal (ESP)

Stepanek earlier beat Davydenko 6-4, 7-5 to reach the semi-finals of the masters event. He will meet the winner between Federer and Hewiit.

The match between the former and current world number one is in progress.

I am particularly looking forward to a Nadal/Djokovic SF showdown.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2007
What's with the sudden rush of form for Radek Stepanek? i wouldnt have bet $1 he could beat Davydenko.

The game of this tournament is definitely Djoko/Nadal. Let's see Nadal get through Dancevic tonite. He's got the home crowd behind him.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by doyin13(m): 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2007
Hooray tennis is back. Shame I cant watch. Scaffolding around my house is blocking my signals.

Anyway

Davydenko's loss is no surprise I guess. He has been stringing together a couple of early round losses recently. Plus it seems my guy is entwined in some betting scandal.

What surface is it on by the way?
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PDF: 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2007
doyin13:

Hooray tennis is back. Shame I can't watch.

What surface is it on by the way?

Bro, welcome back, tennis has always been around.  The surface is Hard.

Some QF results:

[1] R Federer (SUI) d L Hewitt (AUS) 63 64
[3] N Djokovic (SRB) d [5] A Roddick (USA) 76(4) 64
Nadal faces homeboy, Dancevic later this nite.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 2:13am On Aug 11, 2007
Nadal vs Dancevic 4-6, 6-2. Third set up next.

@ doyin13, if u have a computer u can see the games here - http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/tue7.8/Rogers_Masters2.html
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by dinozzo(m): 2:16am On Aug 11, 2007
wow! hows Nadal playing
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PTH(m): 2:57am On Aug 11, 2007
Nadal vs Dancevic 4-6, 6-2, 6-3.

Dancevic is another great player in the making, made Nadal sweat for this match. Not totally comfortable with Nadal's level of play in this game, Federer would have required far less time to see off Dancevic. But great defence from Nadal, he's improved his serves, didnt drop a single first serve in the last set, gave away only 1 of 10 break points, very few unforced errors and a couple of impressive aces.

He will find Djoko a bit tougher but i see him getting through in three sets. I dont think he can beat a charged Federer in the final though.
Re: Tennis: Rogers Masters by PDF: 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2007
Federer awaits the winner between the second and third seeds. He beat Stepanek 7-6, 6-2 to reach the final.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Liverpool 8 Vs Besiktas 0 / Premier League Hit By Uefa Changes / World Cup Qualifier: A Referee Banned For Match Fixing, Match To Replay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.