Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience (13872 Views)

Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by cargoship: 2:12am On Jul 27, 2011
Give Allworld International Shipping at try. I send packages to Lagos all the time. They charge me $110 flat fee for anything 35lbs and under. 3 to 5 days transit time. The fee includes shipping and clearing. My family just go to their office in Lagos and pick up without paying 1 kobo. Cause I pay the fee here in the US. You could also pay in Lagos once the goods arrive. Contact them at help@allworldinternational.com or 1-516-620-0563. They are located in New York. Cheers! BTW, Bad experience with the USPS have push me to find other alternatives.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 4:04am On Jul 27, 2011
cargoship:

Give Allworld International Shipping at try. I send packages to Lagos all the time. They charge me $110 flat fee for anything 35lbs and under. 3 to 5 days transit time. The fee includes shipping and clearing. My family just go to their office in Lagos and pick up without paying 1 kobo. Cause I pay the fee here in the US. You could also pay in Lagos once the goods arrive. Contact them at help@allworldinternational.com or 1-516-620-0563. They are located in New York. Cheers! BTW, Bad experience with the USPS have push me to find other alternatives.

How was there service when you used them?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by cargoship: 4:13am On Jul 27, 2011
Their service is pretty good. All my goods get there intact. So far, i never had any problems out of them. If you call them ask for D.J. The guy is pretty efficient at what he do. Cheers!
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by gulfer: 6:50am On Jul 27, 2011
USPS is fast and reliable. They don't toy with the country's name, not like NIPOST, nobody cares about the nation's name.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by UpDates1(m): 6:58am On Jul 27, 2011
try them out
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by baconline(m): 11:10am On Jul 27, 2011
got my package in one week using USPS,expecting one early next week
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Ericomoto(m): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2011
FEDEX is another bad experience because NDLEA intercepts all FEDEX packages, open it and demand the the owner to start defending the contents especially Electronics gargets like Phone,Laptops etc. I had an encounter last week when my wife's brother sent her a Blackberry and other materials from Malaysia only for NDLEA to invite her to their office which they share with FEDEX. They started asking for the receipt of purchase,copy of travel paper and the kind of job he does in Malaysia etc (I dont know how NDLEA is concerned with all these) After all arguments and troubles, the package was cleared and FEDEX brought the package home and we had to pay another N4k to clear it. Maybe DHL could be a better option than FEDEX
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by moonraker(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2011
Dhl would have been nice but when i tried sending 2iphones, i was told that

they could send such items becos of the battery inside shocked??

who has heard that one before?? cheesy
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by SSaemoenl(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2011
But why buying all those cheap BB made from China or Indonesia they keep sending to Nigeria instead a better quality one in where u resides?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rahouf1: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2011
please brother kindly use the courier that is safer and convenient cuz its better to pay more than to lose your goods. or find a trusted fellow to assist you bring it to nigeria whenever is coming home.thats what my friend always do.NIgerians they find money atall means

Cheers grin grin grin grin
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by declem(m): 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
dude,a frnd send blackberry last two months,hmmmm.i got lost.so,they send laptop for me through EMS i got the laptop in 5days.i hv to pay 4,000.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by ifyalways(f): 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
Been using TNT.
Safer,cheaper and Fast.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2011
Don't use TNT.U meant UPS? Use them, they're good and cheaper. I don't know USPS.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by vokalguy(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2011
So basically there is no reliable carrier that will safely deliver your packages to the right destination,
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by keyne(f): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2011
ifyalways:

Been using TNT.
Safer,cheaper and Fast.

what is TNT?

SSaemoenl:

But why buying all those cheap BB made from China or Indonesia they keep sending to Nigeria instead a better quality one in where u resides?

what has this got to do with the topic?
gulfer:

USPS is fast and reliable. They don't toy with the country's name, not like NIPOST, nobody cares about the nation's name.
what!!! fast and reliable is an oxymoron used in conjunction with usps, i dont even get ur point
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by keyne(f): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2011
ur best bet is to insure the packages.thatz the most u can do and pray!
vokal_guy:

So basically there is no reliable carrier that will safely deliver your packages to the right destination,
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by keyne(f): 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2011
@rahouf1
i sent 1 iphone, 2 bb, 1 nokia N8. the person I sent it to just called me that she has recvd it. it took like 3weeks or so. thank God.
btw, she was charged #9000. She said she was given an invoice or whatever for it. am so glad cos my insurance claim for the other one is yet to be claimed
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by keyne(f): 6:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
moonraker:

[color=#770077]
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by sherif1: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2011
a friend of mine once send me a nokia n72 and i got it through ems
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by vokalguy(m): 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2011
sherif1:

a friend of mine once send me a nokia n72 and i got it through ems

So was the package delivered to your house or how do they do it?
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by greggng: 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
i tried to add u.my id greggng . i just wanna find out how lucrative is the bb busness . Someone claimed that his item was stolen at the post. i wasnt surprise it might be a yahoo package. i was once questioned by NDLEA at DHL office at isolo over some items sent to me by my friend in UK. I was asked questions on who sent the item ,my relationship with him .At the end my package was released because the officer was convinced is not a yahoo package.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by ayoseun552(m): 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2011
USPS sucks,i have being expecting two parcels for over a month now not yet in Nigeria
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by princeonx: 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2011
when your package get to naija they will tell the receiver to pay duty on the items even if you claim they're gift! if I can't afford to ship/mail anything through DHL i just wait till I find someone going to naija or I simply forget about it shikina
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Spyker: 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2011
I do online purchases a lot. USPS is reliable but you will pay at least between N1500 to 3,000 depending on the weight for customs duty and tax.
I just recieved a blackberry storm yesterday (1) and paid N1,500 to collect it.
As for UPS and DHL, they are rogues in courier business.

1 Like

Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by mavinc4u(f): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2011
Spyker:

I do online purchases a lot. USPS is reliable but you will pay at least between N1500 to 3,000 depending on the weight for customs duty and tax.
I just recieved a blackberry storm yest
erday (1) and paid N1,500 to collect it.
As for UPS and DHL, they are rogues in courier business.
N1,500 is ems charges not custom,you were charged that because is just 1 phone
prince_onx:

when your package get to naija they will tell the receiver to pay duty on the items even if you claim they're gift! if I can't afford to ship/mail anything through DHL i just wait till I find someone going to naija or I simply forget about it shikina
to customs,there are nothing like gifts.everything about courier service is just God,ship and pray you get it irrespective of the one.
ayoseun552:

USPS sucks,i have being expecting two parcels for over a month now not yet in Nigeria
ask you ship where he or she shipped,could be he made a mistake in addressing it ,is possible is wrote Niger without ia and i guess you know what that means.am speaking from exeperience.
keyne:

@rahouf1
i sent 1 iphone, 2 bb, 1 nokia N8. the person I sent it to just called me that she has recvd it. it took like 3weeks or so. thank God.
btw, she was charged #9000. She said she was given an invoice or whatever for it. am so glad cos my insurance claim for the other one is yet to be claimed

hmmm that person is over lucky to pay just N9000 for all those expensive phones,i guess they must have reshuffle the customs and brought the Godly ones.custom calculate charges base on content,insured and shipping.worth of the content does not imply what you claim is the cost of the item but what custom assumes is the cost in the Nigeria market,am speaking from experience.
moonraker:

that is simple,give them phones to ship and remove the battery and ship it with a usps registered mail or priority mail,customs won't see it cos they don't access packages sent through that means except that you will go and see any of the post men at the post office where you will receive the package to tell them to call you in case your item arrives,it is just a battery,they won't steal it but if is something big like the phone itself is 50-50.
Ericomoto:

FEDEX is another bad experience because NDLEA intercepts all FEDEX packages, open it and demand the the owner to start defending the contents especially Electronics gargets like Phone,Laptops etc. I had an encounter last week when my wife's brother sent her a Blackberry and other materials from Malaysia only for NDLEA to invite her to their office which they share with FEDEX. They started asking for the receipt of purchase,copy of travel paper and the kind of job he does in Malaysia etc (I dont know how NDLEA is concerned with all these) After all arguments and troubles, the package was cleared and FEDEX brought the package home and we had to pay another N4k to clear it. Maybe DHL could be a better option than FEDEX
well,i didn't have such experience when i received mine,i wasn't around when mine was delivered,they only called me on phone and demand the name of the person to drop it with or if they should go with it and come back when i will be around and i didn't pay kobo.i have used them twice and it was a seller on ebay that sent the items i purchase to me through.
gulfer:

that one out of all eggs in a crate is spoilt does not mean that all eggs in that are spoilt.who told you that they don't care,"WHO NO GO NO NO".you need to go there your self and see how these guys are monitoring your items for you.i once accused them of stealing people packages and i was taken to their server room to see things for my self and i didn't talk again.if you are shipping an item from USA using USPS and your item passes through ISC CHICAGO IL sort facility,it must pass through ISC NEW YORK,NY sort facility before it gets to you in Nigeria and it passes through ISC CHICAGO but did not pass through ISC NEW YORK,the possibility of getting that item is slight meaning your item might still be in USA and has not cross border so stop accusing them.i am not a staff of any but am saying the truth here.my only challenge about buying things online and shipping them to Nigeria is my own person,he hikes the price of shipping the items to me like our government hikes the price of fuel in Nigeria ,even when the item arrives and i see the difference in what i paid and in what USPS charges,he will still lie that he told USPS to change the price of shipping for him.i think what you should be considering is what some of you there do to people in Nigeria in the name of money.
9jaganja:

Yeah they suck, they open the packages and all that,

From NY, there is this dude I know who knows those going to Nigeria steadily, so I give him stuffs to help me give the person that'll give my person lol, But it's always delivered quickly too,

if it's some big stuffs, try connect with someone sending a car!! My 50" 3DTV arrived Lagos safely grin grin grin

M getting ready to return home cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
yes they open the package to inspect what you are bringing to Nigeria and to make sure what is written as the content is what is inside the package.when they are done,they will seal it up with EMS SPEED POST TAPE AND STAMP,in that process,they won't take any thing cos is not done by one person.that is actually how they do their calculation of custom charges.
blkmum700:

@poster,
             don't even try them,except you want to lose the blackberry, last year November, my friend in California send me  two laptop,2 gold chain and two digital camera ,i got none of them and this year i have also lost two gold chain from a friend in new Jersey,i think they are some people here in Nigeria who are stealing them,i keep tracking the one from California ,there is no any update except the package has been dispatch for international delivery,when i told my friend to go back  there,they told him they can't trace the location of the package once the package is outside US,means the package has been deliver to Nigeria but some useless crook are stealing them here at the post office,i think Government need to do something about this,NOT the politician in this country alone are corrupt the people working in government departments are also corrupt.just stay away from them with insurance or without insurance once your package is lost you wont get refund,believe me.
ask your friend what he used in sending the items ,if is express or priority mail
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by mavinc4u(f): 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2011
@ jsteed,where you the receiver or sender,even if customs are sleeping they won't charge you N18,500 for 10 used balckeberry,are you sure those phones are blackberry.they will charge you some percentage base on what the phone is sold in the market.may be you are the sender hmmmm.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by rabbits207: 10:31pm On Jul 28, 2011
mavinc4u:

@ jsteed,where you the receiver or sender,even if customs are sleeping they won't charge you N18,500 for 10 used balckeberry,are you sure those phones are blackberry.they will charge you some percentage base on what the phone is sold in the market.may be you are the sender hmmmm.

Thats so true, They will charge you more than 18,500 for 10 blackberry. The last time i sent 2 blackberry touch home with USPS/EMS , the receiver was charged 18,000 for the collection of the phones, so,how come they charge you 18,500 for 10 blackberry. even if it's ordinary curve or storm 1 they will charge you more than that for 10 blackberry.
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by kolpi: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2011
YES! I Have Used USPS Or EMS Lately.
ITS VERY NICE .

Kaspersky discount
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by dammyroja006: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hello please i am expecting a package through First class mail international from the US through USPS and i have been tracking it and this was the last update i got below

Processed Through Sort Facility
Your item was processed through our ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) facility on December 09, 2012 at 7:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

please what do i need to do and will i get further tracking updates on it when it arrives in Nigeria i am so so scared please i need a little advise
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Hollarfinest: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
Pls help me out my package has been clear by naija custom and yet i havnt get my package since monday 14 jan 2013 so shud i go to nearest nipost of my adres writen on the package or wait til they wil cal me cuz it was been ship from us wit usps to naija so pls advice me on what to do
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by dammyroja006: 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
Where's ur location & if you have a tracking number go to your post office and complain
Re: Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience by Hollarfinest: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
Thanks my location is ijoko and the nearest post office is ota so shud i go there [color=#000099][/color] i heard that the post office is on strike so what do you think i should do now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ideas Of Best-selling Fiverr Gigs For Nigerians In 2018 / Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market / Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.