Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

Thank you all for your advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thank you all for your advice (708 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Beats Up Wife For Failing To Say “Thank You” After Sex / My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 5:56am On May 28, 2022
My sister wrote the 2021 jamb and she just gained admission into a Uni, there is a deadline for the payment of acceptance fee like every other school, the deadline for her school is 29/05/2022. Which is tomorrow, me n my hubby thought we would be able to meet up, but it's obvious we can't because things are so easy right now, I don't want to say the opposite. Although we have been able to raise 20 thousand out of 50k, we have no idea where to rush to to meet up, I don't want to put pressure on him because I know his pocket, and my sister is so depressed because she didn't write the last jamb. It's also affecting me and I just plead anyone who God place it in his/her heart can help us, just to secure the admission, by God's grace we will hustle for the school fees, thank God ASUU is still on strike.
May God help and bless you.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by luwiizy(m): 6:01am On May 28, 2022
Hmmm, life can be funny and sad sometimes,
But regardless of all we see and go through we will overcome. I see from your writeup you genuinely want the best for your sister, Don't worry things will work out beyond your plans.

1 Like

Re: Thank you all for your advice by Nobody: 6:21am On May 28, 2022
MummyCares:
My sister wrote the 2021 jamb and she just gained admission into a Uni, [/b]g [b]and my sister is so depressed because she didn't write the last jamb.

Can you explain the bolded because I don't understand. Maybe you have two sisters, maybe a typo, maybe I haven't comprehended it yet.

Why did you use a new account to solicit for help? You know this is a red flag right?

And, if she enters uni, how about money for registration of courses, handouts other miscellaneous payments,how would she get it? Hope you've arranged where she'll be staying too so, she won't be having unnecessary sex because she's camped with one boy who's feeding her?

And, how old is she? I feel she should have started hustling earlier, and saving to get money to be able to afford some things in school. Since she knows that she's going to school.

If this is true, I hope she gets the help she wants.

5 Likes

Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 7:10am On May 28, 2022
I had to open a new account because my hubby is on nairaland.

If u are very much in the education system of our country, there are two jamb written now which the student are yet to resume, those who 2021 are still at home although many of them have gained admission, yet to resume, while they just wrote another 2022 jamb, which means because she didn't write 2022 jamb, if she forfeits this admission, she will have to wait till next year to write another jamb which means admission will be 2024.

Well, my sister is 17, young, I know but brilliant, and she has always been a good girl.
We are looking out for a job for her, hopefully we get something soon.

Yes, I and hubby will take up her school fees, I know things will get better, it's just that our business are not doing well now. We are hustling hard and with the help of God, all will be well. my 2 other siblings have promised to contribute for the school fees too since our mum is not capable. But because she stays with us many of her responsibility is on me, and I don't feel bad about it.

3 Likes

Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 7:11am On May 28, 2022
luwiizy:
Hmmm, life can be funny and sad sometimes,
But regardless of all we see and go through we will overcome. I see from your writeup you genuinely want the best for your sister, Don't worry things will work out beyond your plans.

Amen
Thanks
Re: Thank you all for your advice by Nazgul: 8:33am On May 28, 2022
May 29th is Sunday. No institution in Nigeria would fix the deadline of their acceptance fee on a Sunday, cos acceptance fees are paid through the banks and banks clearly don't operate on Sundays so how do they expect student to pay the money on Sunday?

Try another lie...this one is outdated.

3 Likes

Re: Thank you all for your advice by Karleb(m): 8:56am On May 28, 2022
Nazgul:
May 29th is Sunday. No institution in Nigeria would fix the deadline of their acceptance fee on a Sunday, cos acceptance fees are paid through the banks and banks clearly don't operate on Sundays so how do they expect student to pay the money on Sunday?

It is not unbelievable.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 9:04am On May 28, 2022
Nazgul:

Well... That's what you think.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by Nazgul: 9:04am On May 28, 2022
Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 9:14am On May 28, 2022
Nazgul:

That's what you think.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by Mindlog: 9:43am On May 28, 2022
MummyCares:
I had to open a new account because my hubby is on nairaland.

Would your husband who you say is also on Nairaland, not know it is you posting this story without even using your old account?

Like earlier posted, opening a new account to solicit for money is a huge waving red flag!

3 Likes

Re: Thank you all for your advice by Karleb(m): 9:45am On May 28, 2022
MummyCares:

That's what you think.

That's my alma mater. I remember they do give us Saturday and Sunday deadlines.

I want you to think about what I'm about to type critically.

Do you know Adekunle's school fees is now at least N150k per session? How do you intend to pay that for the next 4 years + other levies, foodstuff, monthly allowance and house rent if you are struggling to pay acceptance of N50k?

I'd just advise your sister to forfeit because on the long run, you guys will get frustrated.

Let her write the next jamb and pick a federal school.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by Karleb(m): 9:46am On May 28, 2022
Mindlog:

Would your husband who you say is also on Nairaland, not know it is you posting this story without even using your old account?

Like earlier posted, opening a new account to solicit for money is a hige waving red flag!

Brother man, calm down.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by Mindlog: 9:48am On May 28, 2022
Karleb:

Brother man, calm down.

I am calm and sipping my coffee. cheesy
Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 10:15am On May 28, 2022
Karleb:

That's my alma mater. I remember they do give us Saturday and Sunday deadlines.

I want you to think about what I'm about to type critically.

Do you know Adekunle's school fees is now at least N150k per session? How do you intend to pay that for the next 4 years + other levies, foodstuff, monthly allowance and house rent if you are struggling to pay acceptance of N50k?

I'd just advise your sister to forfeit because on the long run, you guys will get frustrated.

Let her write the next jamb and pick a federal school.

Thanks for your advice.
Even Federal schools are no more cheap.
Make your findings.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 10:17am On May 28, 2022
Karleb:

Brother man, calm down.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 10:18am On May 28, 2022
Mindlog:

Like earlier posted, opening a new account to solicit for money is a hige waving red flag!

Ok , will bring it down. Thanks
Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 5:53am On Apr 14, 2023
[quote author=Mindlog post=113244743]

I am calm and sipping my coffee.

Thanks for making jest of us o

Yours will come too.

She has finally settled in school.
To the glory of God the strike was veeeerrrry long. The deadline for acceptance fee was extended and she just resumed. We were able to gather enough for her. Thanks to those who were human. Please learn to encourage people even if you can't support. It's not a must to give.
May God bless them whose heart are good.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 5:55am On Apr 14, 2023
Mindlog:

I am calm and sipping my coffee. cheesy

Yours will come too.

To the glory of God the strike was veeeerrrry long. The deadline for acceptance fee was extended and she just resumed. We were able to gather enough for her. Thanks to those who were human. Please learn to encourage people even if you can't support. It's not a must to give.
May God bless them whose heart are good
Re: Thank you all for your advice by Mindlog: 6:55am On Apr 14, 2023
MummyCares:

Yours will come too.

May God bless them whose heart are good

I have outgrown getting worried by such remarks by Nigerians...... everyone in life would always have their highs and lows in life, so there is nothing "prophetic" about what you posted because also, more of yours will come too as naturally expected in life as I have had mine and would still have more like every other human being in this life.

I should "encourage" people by not asking why they created a new account to solicit for funds and still want to claim anonymous, wanting to convince readers that the OP's spouse who is also a Nairalander would not know, it is the OP?

And I am also thanking God for blessing me beyond human comprehension since I made the post you quoted.

Take care.
Re: Thank you all for your advice by MummyCares: 7:29am On Apr 14, 2023
Mindlog:

I have outgrown getting worried by such remarks by Nigerians...... everyone in life would always have their highs and lows in life, so there is nothing "prophetic" about what you posted because also, more of yours will come too as naturally expected in life as I have had mine and would still have more like every other human being in this life.

I should "encourage" people by not asking why they created a new account to solicit for funds and still want to claim anonymous, wanting to convince readers that the OP's spouse who is also a Nairalander would not know, it is the OP?

And I am also thanking God for blessing me beyond human comprehension since I made the post you quoted.

Take care.
grin wink happy shalayeing
Re: Thank you all for your advice by Mindlog: 7:34am On Apr 14, 2023
MummyCares:

grin wink happy shalayeing

Na you remember me, after almost a year! Na who carry am for mind all these while?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should Couples Contribute Equally In Matters Of Finance. / What Kind Of Snake Is This..... / Fairly Used Freezer For Sale SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.