Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria (5273 Views)

Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK / “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home / Official: Jonathan Wins Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Shimao(m): 8:54am On Jul 17, 2011
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by petertosh: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2011
I never promised any point agenda – Jonathan

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday confirmed the death of the seven-point agenda of his predecessor, the late Umaru Yar’Adua, saying that he never promised any agenda during electioneering campaign. The president, who was making closing remarks at a two-day presidential retreat for ministers, advisers and permanent secretaries in Abuja, insisted he only promised good governance. He said he was disturbed by media reports about nine-point agenda, which he never promised.

“ I never mentioned any agenda point. We have never promised any number of point. We promised good governance not point. Every sector of the economy is important. We are not running a government of any point agenda”, Jonathan declared. While noting that every sector of the economy is important, he urged ministers and other top government functionaries to help him in keeping his electoral promises.

Jonathan reminded them that there are wide expectations from the public, expressing optimism that “the present dispensation will change things in d country for good”. He noted that it was easy for people to criticise without having deep knowledge about the subject matter, saying that the ministers and advisers have crucial roles to play in the implementation of government policies. The president also laid emphasis on team work if the transformation agenda must be achieved. “I expect you to begin to think. You must generate ideas, you must discuss ideas so that we move forward”, Jonathan charged.

Speaking after the two-day brainstorming session, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Reuben Abati, said: “The discussion has been of great quality and what I take away is that, first, emphasis on transformation is its holistic term, in the sense of good governance, in the building of infrastructure and human development in elaborate sense. ”The second thing is that the entire team is now on the same page. You can see that the ministers and the advisers even came up with a Charter in which they expressed their commitment to the vision of Mr President. ”

And from this point onward, the team has been energised about integrity, about efficiency and about the need to engage the Nigerian people and address all the issues that preoccupy them.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/i-never-promised-any-point-agenda-jonathan/
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by cocoduck: 11:21am On Jul 17, 2011
What is the use of agenda if there is bad governance. It seems people have forgotten umaru's 7 pointless agenda. No one has to be told how to transform nigeria, all informations needed are there for him. It is good governance that would lead to the implementation of all the needed points
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2011
WOW . . so much for the [b]continuity [/b]argument then . . . embarassed embarassed embarassed OK ooo . . . 3 years and 9 more months to the next major election ooo.  tongue
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Ad4(m): 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2011
I agree with GEJ,enough of pointless agenda.Which goverment has ever fulfilled its agenda?So no need joining the group of failures.Just govern us well!and all will fall in place.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by EkoIle1: 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2011
Abati is already working hard in the dicing and spinning department. Clueless, weak and incompetent president and a bunch of unless and unpatriotic clowns
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by gists: 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2011
Ad+:

I agree with GEJ,enough of pointless agenda.Which goverment has ever fulfilled its agenda?So no need joining the group of failures.Just govern us well!and all will fall in place.

Saying you just want him to govern us well is very vague. May I ask what will be your criteria for good governance? Let me put it this way, What will GEJ has to do or what will he has to stop for you to believe he has governed us well. Example: For me I need him to stop fraud then, crime (boko haram is on the front burner now). As of today he is in the red (particularly with d idiotic amnesty proposal), but I pray he succeed for the good of the country
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Pukkah: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2011
Fine. He shoud simply define what he means by 'good governance' and specific performance indicators on which to hold him accountable.

Mr Jonathan is begining to sound too slippery, imprecise, and nebulous for him to be precisely held for anything. There's nothing bad in setting target and working to achieve them.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2011
Pukkah:

Fine. He shoud simply define what he means by 'good governance' and specific performance indicators on which to hold him accountable.

Mr Jonathan is begining to sound too slippery, imprecise, and nebulous for him to be precisely held for anything. There's nothing bad in setting target and working to achieve them.

um .  . wouldn't that qualify as an agenda/plan then? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by darkhand: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

Abati is already working hard in the dicing and spinning department. Clueless, weak and incompetent president and a bunch of unless and unpatriotic clowns

Pointless trash from a cretin as usual. So sad, seems that the internet Nigerians won't be voting GEJ , oops! Sorry the election has already taken place and we won.

O well there is always a wet transformer to hug, i guess
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by pokur: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2011
Ad+:

Agenda:A list,plan,what is to be discussed or achieved.-New Oxford English Dictionary.
You might want to define what you mean by 'good governance',and its performance indicators.
@topic
I never expected anything more from the village idiot,afterall Nigerians voted for Luck and not any agenda.Thank God i'm not counted amongst the clueless.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by maga1: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2011
darkhand:

O well there is always a wet transformer to hug, i guess

You 4got dat NO light.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by hollandis(f): 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2011
what a misleading topic.instead of arguing sensibly y'll are sucking your namas assses
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2011
maga1:

You 4got dat NO light.

grin grin
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2011
so what are the plans for good governance then if no point agenda?
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by tantayu(m): 2:44am On Jul 18, 2011
Nigerians, una too dey complain. No agenda means quick arrival at our destination.
Remember that if you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
I hope we all don't end up in a ditch sha. grin grin grin
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by iragbijile: 4:17am On Jul 18, 2011
Honesty is the Best Policy

This guy is a wreck.

Na real wa be this ooooooo:

Previously on Mr. President:

[size=18pt]I was not chosen to be Vice President because I had good political experience, I did not. I'm not a politician. There were a lot more qualified people around to be Vice President.[/size]” - GOODLUCK JONATHAN - 2010

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-564948.0.html
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by iragbijile: 4:21am On Jul 18, 2011
maga1:

You 4got dat NO light.

Mad props fro you bro.

This post is incredible. Nobel prize ASAP.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 18, 2011
who needs a 7 point agenda when you have the promise agenda cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-648847.0.html
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Gbenge77(m): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2011
We already knew that.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by oludashmi(f): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
He did not promise a number of agenda but he promised to carry on with his late predecessor's agendas. . . is that not 7-point agenda?
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by SUV(f): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2011
he has not promised any point agenda,
meaning 'good governance' is his one point agenda! lol!
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by MMM2(m): 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2011
Ok,
Gej what did u promised angry
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by btyfulmnd(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2011
what sense does it make to outline a seven or nine point agenda and at the end of the tenure not even one is achieved. Good governance encompasses all and when elaborated, it is more demanding and it allows him to have his eyes on all than focusing only on some sectors.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by cold(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
For those screaming about hugging transformers,that saying has lost its potency coz folks have proven time & again that it is very possible to hug a transformer

Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by OKURINMETA: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2011
how is good governance possible without itemizing things you want to do . didn't fashola promised good governance as a matter of fact that 's his logo anywhere anytime, for a president not to have an agenda to run with means we are just running the wrong direction heading no where, this is a shame on him.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Kx: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2011
peter_tosh:

[size=15pt]I never promised[/size] any point agenda – Jonathan
“ I never mentioned any agenda point. We have never promised any number of point.  While noting that every sector of the economy is important, [size=15pt]he urged ministers and other top government functionaries to help him in keeping his electoral promises.[/size]

U say u did nt promise nothing, yet u asked ur ministers to help keep electoral promises.
ie. ministers, keep no promises because non was promised ab initio.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by btyfulmnd(m): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2011
OKURINMETA:

how is good governance possible without itemizing things you want to do . didn't fashola promised good governance as a matter of fact that 's his logo anywhere anytime, for a president not to have an agenda to run with means we are just running the wrong direction heading no where, this is a shame on him.

Talking from a leadership point of view from Africa leaders, when things are itemized the leaders tend to focus solely on the so called agenda forgetting other parts of government therefore, giving room for loopholes where either funds are syphoned or round pegs would be placed in square holes. A good leader should be able to have a firm grip on every aspect of government and in as much as he would have some sectors where much emphasis is needed, it is better if he doesn't start setting agenda or else he is setting a trap for his opposition.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by 1forall: 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2011
And he wants to change constitution so he can rule for 7 years, without an agenda?

Isn't GET just a grave waste of space?

Presidential disgrace displaying his ineptitude with glee, can't express my disgust enough. With such an utterance I can confidently say that I have more 'sense' than the president of Nigeria.

For such an utterance he should be jailed without trial, but come to think of it he has said even more foolish things so hey, we're headed for doom with the way things are going.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Pause: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2011
Spot on Dr Abati, GEJ never promised an Agenda all he said was that he has no shoes.
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by LordBabs(m): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2011
'GOOD GOVERNANCE' can't be an agenda of any govt! 'Good governance' simply is a normative idiosyncracy or an underlying quality or nature of any elected govt wherever. I.e. It is wat is conventionally expected of any govt whatsoever. It's like a man dat wakes up in d morning, and says his Agenda today is 'Good behaviour'. In dis wise, u'll agree wit me dat 'good behaviour' is d genetic or idiosyncratic social expectation of evry man; hence it's a norm and not a role. As regds GEJ and Nigeria, if u av lists of agendas(lik Yaradua's 7point), u wud be simply deceiving ursf. On d oda hand, if u av no or u promise no agenda, u are just lik dat buffoon who wakes up in d morning without a set goals or proposed achievements. Or like dat clown who wants to marry but proposes no agenda 4 his marital life. No one is saying agendas are unneeded in naija! Wat Nigerians are criticizing is varieties of vain agenda accustomed of our modern day politicians. Hence, ideally, if u av scores of agenda, u are only a prankster & will achieve notin at d end. If u do not propose agenda, u are much more clueless and clownish! Agenda is liken to Ideology which is a typical fabric of any good govt. If i were GEJ(GOD FORBID!), i may propose my primary agenda as "ELIMINATING CORRUPTION AT THE GOVERNMENTAL LEVEL, AND OPTIMAL REDUCTION AT THE GRASSROOT LEVEL." Then, i shall seek 'first' dis primary agenda and all oda secondary goals shall follow; but not necessarily in my regime(i.e. I may only set d stage 4 my successors). GEJ's statement merely smacks of lack of faith(but fear & doubt), hypocrisy, naivety and more of his cluelessness!
Re: It's Official! Jonathan Admits He Has No Plans For Nigeria by Ayoobscom(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2011
If there's no Path to stepping then we are all stucked,

In economy there's what we call scale of preference!

In accounting there's bugdet and planning!

we are surely stucked, if there's no plan for Billions of heads

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Killed These Ones By Firing Squad Without Due Process Nor Trial(pictures) / When Buhari Finally Restructures Nigeria! (future Pic) / I Just Saw These Pls Photoshop Guru Can U Explain This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.