Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,791 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

What Do You Know About Dorrancepublishing.com? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Do You Know About Dorrancepublishing.com? (1016 Views)

ABOUT THE SOCIETY OF YOUNG NIGERIAN WRITERS (SYNW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Know About Dorrancepublishing.com? by tsharp(m): 9:55am On Jul 17, 2011
Hi. I see the advert of this publishing outfit just about everywhere and I am considering giving them a try. Yes I have read everything they say they are and do but does anyone have any "enlightened" info about them to share or suggestions for one seeking a publisher?
Re: What Do You Know About Dorrancepublishing.com? by MyneWhite1(f): 4:51am On Jul 18, 2011
I think Dorrance is a publishing services company, that means they provide services you pay for to publish yourself. They are neither the cheapest nor the best so I do not advise you to use them. If you wish to self publish, and live in Nigeria, try out local printers where you'll be seeing your customers face to face. Otherwise check out Createspace, Lulu etc that offer free options, or you can only publish your ebook through Smashwords.com/

However, try to pursue traditional publishing at the same time. Go to agentquery.com to look for agents or google Random House, Harper collins, Macmillians and other big publishers that will accept unagented and unsolicited queries. In the meantime, buy and read the kind of books you want to write including books on writing too. Join a writing forum either in your area or online like naija stories to help critique your work.

After that, keep writing!
Re: What Do You Know About Dorrancepublishing.com? by tsharp(m): 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2011
Thanks Myne. Its a dream you got interested in my thread. It is humbling to see folks like you who've "made it" stop to consider others still aspiring. Will sleep over your suggestions. Thanks again.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? / WHAT ARE YOUR FIVE FAVOURITE BOOKS OF ALL TIME? / The Shocking Story Of Amanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.