Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,177 members, 7,864,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

Will You Vote For Party, Person, Or Tribe? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Vote For Party, Person, Or Tribe? (119 Views)

Lucky Irabor: No Person Or Group Can Stop 2023 Elections In The South-East / PDP Slams INEC's Decision To Extend Deadline For Party Primaries / 2023: Don’t Vote For Party Again, Vote People With Vision – Ibiyeomie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Vote For Party, Person, Or Tribe? by Bobbiee: 12:21pm On May 29, 2022
As the 2023 elections draw near, we are all faced with several candidates to choose from. Many of these politicians have come with their promises like they always do. Now many of us are already flying the banner of a particular candidate of our choice. The fact remains that in the greater scheme of things, most of us are actually not voting based on performance metrics. Rather we are voting a party, person, or tribe.

Many or us are affiliated to a party, and regardless of whoever the candidate that is fielded, we will vote for that person.

Some of us are selective based on ethnic affiliations. It doesn't matter who that person is, or their track record (do we even bother to check their track record?), all we know is that this is our son, and we will vote for him because we believe that he will help us, help our community. It's like the Northerners believed that Buhari would help them when they voted him in. I think we all know how that turned out.

More of us vote based on the person. Is this our friend running? Our brother? Our family member? Yes we know that the source of his wealth is sketchy? Yes, we know how much he's helped our family. My education is a beneficiary of that wealth. My house rent is being paid for as a result of that wealth. So we will vote for him because that is the thanks we can render to him. As culture dictates, you don't bite the hands that feed you.

And at the end of the day, everyone suffers. Everyone complains. People turn around and betray, like Reno did.

Why not vote not based on all that but based on who is right for the job.
Re: Will You Vote For Party, Person, Or Tribe? by iCauseTrouble: 12:22pm On May 29, 2022
I am voting for Person and that is Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Will You Vote For Party, Person, Or Tribe? by Blakjewelry(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2022
I would have loved to vote obi but politics is maths, the idiots outnumbered the sane so I will be going for sure bet, more like a lesser evil kind of choice
Re: Will You Vote For Party, Person, Or Tribe? by BSdetective: 12:25pm On May 29, 2022
Am voting for person and tribe.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Central Federal Constituency II APC Primaries Truncated By Electoral Viole / Profound Appreciation Of My Supporters In Ondo South Senatorial District / APC Fixed Monday And Tuesday For Presidential Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.