Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview (21718 Views)

10 Things You Should Know About The NDLEA Online Test / Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know / A Job Interview@ LASACO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by iTommysco: 12:09pm On May 30, 2022
We don pass through
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Michal11221: 12:09pm On May 30, 2022
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee awd dwa awd awd wad wad wad awd awd wad wad awd wad wad
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Wittydreh: 12:14pm On May 30, 2022
Where is the job in Nigeria
Stupid post
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Delawstar: 12:22pm On May 30, 2022
So people still attend job interview in Nigeria...
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by FuckAllTheMODs: 12:24pm On May 30, 2022
Mannabbqgrill is a de ad vul ture griller...
Bew are of him...

Back to the post...
I remember when I used to go for interview, back then all these rules dey freak me, chai!
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by adelekeolu(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2022
IF YOU NO LIE SMALL HOW YOU WAN TAKE GET WORK undecided undecided
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by bluefilm: 12:24pm On May 30, 2022
This is bullshit_

Teach your child how to become an entrepreneur.

So that he wouldn't have to do any of these nonsense listed here just because he wants to be earning some money.
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Maverick777: 12:26pm On May 30, 2022
olorunthobby:
one time after traveling from Edo to lagos for a Job interview I was asked this rubbish question.

a bungalow is painted white roofed with blue roof what is the color of the stair case?

mumu me answered white

when I left I realized that a bungalow doesn't have a stair case.

so after 4 years and NYSC person wey I wan use my energy work for de ask me that kind question.

I was depressed, after that day I swore I wont apply for any job.

na modeling and brand advertisement I dey do now.

those people wey ask me that useless question na ogun go kill them.

its called I.Q test (ability to think-outside-the-box).
even you wouldn't want to hire someone who isn't smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by mrrandomguy: 12:28pm On May 30, 2022
They know who they want to employ even before you say anything
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Josywhyte: 12:31pm On May 30, 2022
Op I disagree on ur no.1 of arriving too early before an interview. What of the reasons I got my former job was because I arrived the venue two hours before the time for interview. The interview asked if I was the one he saw at the reception earlier and I told him yes. He sad that means 'you're not the African time type'. He just asked a few questions and told me to start work the next day. My interview was less than 13 mins.
Finally the interviewer said.... don't forget to always come to work early.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Anticrime77: 12:31pm On May 30, 2022
Becareful with a scammer spamming all d thread with free class. He is a wanted fraudster..
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by jericco1(m): 12:33pm On May 30, 2022
No be for every job jare
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Nenzeey479: 12:36pm On May 30, 2022
Job interview for this buharia...we just hav to wait for tinubu or aticulate, any of them that happen to be on power might employ the youth. Meanwhile thanks for the advise
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Proflere: 12:37pm On May 30, 2022
Generally speaking, be yourself in any interview you are going for. Plus, no one goes to a physical interview any longer so most of these thing written by the OP may be outdated.
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Skillsnigeria: 12:42pm On May 30, 2022
Hmmm
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Coolbreeze1988(m): 1:13pm On May 30, 2022
Add do not fart in the interview room
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Lamasta(m): 1:29pm On May 30, 2022
olorunthobby:
one time after traveling from Edo to lagos for a Job interview I was asked this rubbish question.

a bungalow is painted white roofed with blue roof what is the color of the stair case?

mumu me answered white

when I left I realized that a bungalow doesn't have a stair case.

so after 4 years and NYSC person wey I wan use my energy work for de ask me that kind question.

I was depressed, after that day I swore I wont apply for any job.

na modeling and brand advertisement I dey do now.

those people wey ask me that useless question na ogun go kill them.

Your village people no try at all grin
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by anu3: 1:31pm On May 30, 2022
Well, IF you're a God-minded type: who is seeking to trust and obey Jesus in all things, DON'T make any job a do or die thing, otherwise, you might get terribly nervous or troubled before and after the exercise.

Have Faith in God!

You trust God, if the job is yours it's yours: the devil can't do anything about that. And if you don't get it, praise God! It's because it isn't yours in any case.

Getting the job could have hindered something much better, OR reduced your lifetime to just 2 years, and that's why you wouldn't get it, who knows.

So, to have rest, say: "if this job is from God, then I'll Surely get it! But if not from God, praise God I won't get it: I can wait for what's mine."

It gets cool and interesting with this reality...

God bless.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Gandollaar(f): 1:35pm On May 30, 2022
bluefilm:
This is bullshit_

Teach your child how to become an entrepreneur.

So that he wouldn't have to do any of these nonsense listed here just because he wants to be earning some money.
Your child still needs to work for someone outside to Garner experience.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by bluefilm: 1:41pm On May 30, 2022
Gandollaar:
Your child still needs to work for someone outside to Garner experience.

The best scenario for your child should be:

Not really working to earn.

But working to Learn.

Most of us suffering from the harsh reality of unemployment today is simply because we didn't learn any special/sustenable skill/s from our parents.

We were just deceived into going to school to acquire a certificate.

Only to discover later that it was all a ruse.

So start early to encourage your child to learn AT LEAST a sustenable skill today.

It pays tenfold later on...

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Offpoint1: 2:54pm On May 30, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Never fart during the interview. Hold on to it.
the nigga concluded the list with "Always be yourself" farting is part of being myself grin
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by professore(m): 3:25pm On May 30, 2022
Nice one
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by davessales039(m): 3:26pm On May 30, 2022
3, 4, 5 and 6 depend on who is actually interviewing you and what the interview style is like.

I have been to an interview where an argument was intentionally initiated.

Note -- > Argument, not quarrel;
Nigerians seem to take them as one and the same.
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by ssoofftt(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2022
Follow my signature to make legit money online
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by ShenTeh(m): 6:39pm On May 30, 2022
Great contribution.
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Wwwq: 8:17pm On May 30, 2022
Really
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview by Realboygenius(m): 8:38am On May 31, 2022
This is a real good tip. Meanwhile remember to monitor your sleep and sensitive heart rate with Oraimo smart watch.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017 First City Monument Bank Recruitment For Entry Level Graduate Analysts / SERAP To CBN: Withdraw Corrupt Recruitments Or We’ll Sue / Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.