Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan (27399 Views)

Babangida Aliyu: Why Some PDP Governors Worked Against Jonathan In 2015 / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank / Kwankwaso: I Regret Supporting Buhari Against Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by wwwihy: 10:31am On May 30, 2022
Any news from vanguard is rubbish
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Lazenby007(m): 10:34am On May 30, 2022
MikoB:
As it is, the only sure aspirant in the apc that will beat Atiku in the apc is Osinbajo, reason been that PYO is the only aspirant that is acceptable in all the six geo political zones in the country, you will be amazed that Osinbajo has more support in the middle belt more than any support he enjoys in his region of South West, also the work he has put in for many months have began to manifest, his candidate won in benue, oyo and adamawa for the governorship to the surprise of many, but for people that follow him were not surprised anyway. As for the primary coming up, Osinbajo is going to win, because the party knows he is the only that can guarantee victory, let me talk a little bit about other aspirants, and their weaknesses, Asiwaju no doubt is a big politician any day any time, but he miscalculated, he was hoping on southern candidates for both apc and pdp base on the clamour at that time, so he did not bother himself to allign much with the SS and SE also with the Christian communities of the Middle belt, his calculation was that once pdp gives her ticket to either a ss or se person, he will surely have an upper hand in his region of sw and also do very well in the nw and ne, which normally would have guaranteed victory for him but with Atiku as the pdp candidate now, Tinubu wil need new strategy.

Ahmed lawan candidacy wil not fly, because Buhari is about to finish his two term regime under apc, it is impossible for apc to give another northerner her ticket, also Lawan cannot defeat Atiku, one, because they are from the same region of NE and everyone knows Atiku is stronger than him in the NE, Atiku and Kwankwaso will do very well too in the NW, the NC wil be divided among the aspirants, so coming to the south, he will not do well at all no matter whom he picks as his running mate, I trust the south westerners they will not vote for him, the south east has Obi and the south south will be shared depending on whom Atiku picks as his running mate, so lawan will not fly.

Amaechi is another candidate that might do well if given the ticket but his problem is that he has no political base at home and his region, but if he has the support of the president he might be able to put up some fight, but that does not guarantee a victory against Atiku.

with due respect to all other aspirants I did not mention their names, even if Buhari endorses them and they pick up the ticket for the apc, they will not be able to defeat Atiku.

Osinbajo is the only candidate, that will win very well in SW, and also likely win the SS and not do badly in the SE, he will win in the North Central, he will not do badly in the North East because of some Christian population there, he will not do badly in the North West because apc controls most states there and also because if Buhari, so in all, Osinbajo will likely win 4 regions, either will like it or not, religion and ethinicty still play a big part in our politics in nigeria, and I guess these are going to be of advantage to Osinbajo, no wonder he is a movement in the cbhtistain dominated states of plateau, benue, Taraba etc.
Your analysis not bad at all but is still remain your PERSONAL view. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Spherical77(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2022
donbenie:
Only a slowpoke would think he knows better than a National Daily..
And it takes a dimwited NITWIT to ascribe said news to some his perceived enemies..
let's stake a bet Jonathan is neither an APC member nor would he get the party ticket. Please don't give me excuse, since you are so sure and certain. Let's back it up with some cash. Are you in?
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Oluwatobike: 10:37am On May 30, 2022
I have this believe that APC will throw the primary open so that Tinubu will win. Then the Norther(APC) will rally around Atiku behind close door for his victory to surcharge Tinubu, while power remains in North. By this act, Tinubu won't fell he was cheated.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Danwakae(m): 10:39am On May 30, 2022
Rotji:
This Kalu's suggestion will not yield the desired results because there's no way Lawan can defeat Atiku

For your info , and those who understands Northern politics, Any nothern politician , mostly from the north east, is the only one that can match Atiku... Bringing Tinubu or Amaechi , would be a walk over for Atiku ....Atiku has 8m votes already without the southeast... For GEJ to defeat Baba Buhari in 2011, it was a serious rigging that came with strong violence , and of Baba Buhari such rigging now for a southern candidate could mean a complete shut down of nigeria mostly in the north cos the north is more volatile now than in 2011....it is so unfortunate that the south fails to stood their grounds for a southerner on all parties , and as such, any party who fails to present a northerner , would would learn a lesson on northern politics...the northern politics doesn't respect anybody , not even Baba Buhari with is present bad records, and with Atiku a fulani , hmmm, when the winds blow no southerner with a northern vice can withstand Atiku , having it in mind that the south is divided ...Atiku owns majority of north east and North Central , he has been a grassroot politician since 1992... All those northern politicians decieving the southern candidates are jokers...only former Govs Bindow, Dankwambo, Isa Yuguda, Mohammed ... can explain to them.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by AminuRano87(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2022
helinues:
Why is Kalu so bitter like this. He is now playing spoiling Politics
He is so desperate to sabotage the South where he came from.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by FireUpNow(m): 10:44am On May 30, 2022
humberjade:
Way to go. How can someone who didn't toil with the founding members just come and reap where he didn't sow? APC won't last a month if GEJ is given the ticket.

I know Buhari only cares about himself and what affects him directly, but it will be foolish of him to betray all those who helped him win the Presidency, and give someone they all demonised. There is no way Buhari would have become President without Amaechi and Tinubu. Now, I am not saying either of them is the best choice for Nigeria, but it is better for him to choose a concensus candidate other than the duo within the party, than a total outsider.

I bet you, GEJ is not stupid enough to accept such a wicked and snare offer to join APA and run as president. Don't get anxious of what will never happen
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Nigerialabalaba: 10:45am On May 30, 2022
“The man you threw away from government, Goodluck Jonathan was ‘a problem man, an incompetent man, he was an idiot, an slowpoke.’

“With the emergence of the PDP candidate, some APC leaders believe that Tinubu is the best aspirant to face Atiku Abubakar. The whole scenario is still not clear but I know that in a couple of days, there will be a direction.”

gbam.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by MikoB: 10:56am On May 30, 2022
drlateef:

Oshinbajo has no structure anywhere. He will lose the primary woefully because structures are not what you build in a month in politics. That’s why Atiku defeated Wike. It’s not just financial muscle, you must have established structures of people who believe in you for many years. That’s why Tinubu will defeat any opponent on Saturday. And PYO can never defeat Atiku. It’s just impossible. Buhari was able to do it because Tinubu supported him. The only candidate who can defeat Atiku is Tinubu. No other can do it. Atiku is too experienced than your PYO.

Osinbajo will win with landslide, no one can win without buhari's support, stop deceiving yourself.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by drlateef: 11:00am On May 30, 2022
MikoB:

Osinbajo will win with landslide, no one can win without buhari's support, stop deceiving yourself.

We talk with reality, not sentiments. Oshinbajo has no leg on ground. Even Buhari was helped by the stone you reject. Tinubu is the only one who can defeat Atiku. Buhari needed Tinubu to win. Face reality and stop unnecessary bravado.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by MikoB: 11:07am On May 30, 2022
drlateef:

We talk with reality, not sentiments. Oshinbajo has no leg on ground. Even Buhari was helped by the stone you reject. Tinubu is the only one who can defeat Atiku. Buhari needed Tinubu to win. Face reality and stop unnecessary bravado.

All what I spoke about are realities, my brother as it is now, Tinubu will not do well in ss and se, and he can't defeat Atiku and Kwankwaso in the nw and ne, moreover he will need buhari's support to clinch apc's ticket, apc is not pdp that someone can outshine others with dollars because they don't have a rally point leader like the president ,money works in pdp because they don't have a president, I don't analyse base on sentiment.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by humberjade: 11:10am On May 30, 2022
FireUpNow:

I bet you, GEJ is not stupid enough to accept such a wicked and snare offer to join APA and run as president. Don't get anxious of what will never happen

You think he is not stupid enough to accept the offer? Yet he is busy frolicking with Mammam Daura and the APC Chairman, Adamu. My brother, GEJ is very interested, he just wants assurances; a waiver and his hands lifted as concensus candidate.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by 9jatriot(m): 11:11am On May 30, 2022
This part in that write up sums it up.
The person that came up with the GEJ idea should be arrested, while GEJ himself for buying into this kind of shame should be publicly ridiculed.

His words: “The man you threw away from government, Goodluck Jonathan was ‘a problem man, an incompetent man, he was an idiot, an slowpoke.’ There was no name they didn’t call him. Now you are going back to ask him to come back to rule. There is only one reason for that. The only reason they are asking Goodluck Jonathan to come back is because he has spent one term as president.

“They don’t want the presidency to be in the South for more than four years. They want it quickly back in the North. So they want to use Goodluck to achieve that objective against his own people.

“They don’t care what he does if he goes back. If he is more ‘incompetent’ this time, it does not bother them as long as they get power quickly back. Are we on the same plane? Do we have the same objective? They will sacrifice anything as long as they get what they want. So this is where we are, and that’s why we need a political party not what I call an opportunistic gang up for power. That’s what PDP is; that’s what APC is – opportunistic gang up for power, not parties.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Corporate2020: 11:16am On May 30, 2022
helinues:

That is the same bitterness that killed his grandparents and his father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by COMPAQ(m): 11:17am On May 30, 2022
If APC brings Jonathan as its candidate, then I will happily vote Atiku. Because it would mean that APC have absolutely no clue what they are doing!!

If Jonathan that was inoculated and vilified as incompetent etc is suddenly good enough to be APC presidential candidate, then I might as well vote for Atiku jeje, and cos it means the South has been snookered by the North.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Tinubuadvocate2: 11:17am On May 30, 2022
You never know igbo .
helinues:

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by sogodihno: 11:33am On May 30, 2022
Kingxchange44:
Make dem collect am na, SW leaders talking about North collecting power so quick.
Lemme ask SW leaders is it not time for SE to take power? What are you guys doing in the frontline? Why not support SE? Nonsense crying as usual

Why can't SE be in the front line? Who told them to sit at the back seat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by donbenie(m): 11:49am On May 30, 2022
Spherical77:
let's stake a bet Jonathan is neither an APC member nor would he get the party ticket. Please don't give me excuse, since you are so sure and certain. Let's back it up with some cash. Are you in?
Answer this question first..
Is Jonathan's name among those that bought APC form?
I will reply you..
After your answer..
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by FireUpNow(m): 12:01pm On May 30, 2022
humberjade:

You think he is not stupid enough to accept the offer? Yet he is busy frolicking with Mammam Daura and the APC Chairman, Adamu. My brother, GEJ is very interested, he just wants assurances; a waiver and his hands lifted as concensus candidate.

Well you can never trust Nigerian politicians. Let's wait and see the end of the drama
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Spherical77(m): 12:03pm On May 30, 2022
donbenie:
Answer this question first..
Is Jonathan's name among those that bought APC form?
I will reply you..
After your answer..
No
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Reference(m): 12:48pm On May 30, 2022
Of course they are in disarray because they know they cannot win the general elections on the back of present performance so they run helter-skelter seeking a candidate that will whip up the primordial sentiment resident in the DNA of the average failed citizen.

Never seen a ruling party and an incumbent government this jittery about a coming election.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by kingyakos: 1:33pm On May 30, 2022
helinues:

Why are other Southern region so bittered about the South East presidency, have you thought about that too
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by helinues: 1:35pm On May 30, 2022
kingyakos:

Why are other Southern region so bittered about the South East presidency, have you thought about that too

Bitter in what way? Do they stop Igbo's from contesting the presidency?
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by kingyakos: 1:39pm On May 30, 2022
helinues:

Oh, now you've forgotten zoning right?...
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2022
AminuRano87:

He is so desperate to sabotage the South where he came from.
He learnt from Tinubu
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by ShadowWalker00(m): 1:51pm On May 30, 2022
helinues:

Lliniues who is your candidate for the 2023 presidential election cheesy cheesy.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by humberjade: 1:51pm On May 30, 2022
FireUpNow:

Well you can never trust Nigerian politicians. Let's wait and see the end of the drama

Exactly
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by Owologbo(m): 2:02pm On May 30, 2022
helinues:
southerners are good at playing the spoiling politics.
He's not the first and he won't be the last

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by olowo1930: 3:55pm On May 30, 2022
If Present President sees all is followers as a fool, they will should him why they are more better to him. Someone works with you for years ,you are now bringing alien to leadership role. APC all promises cancelled.
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by NaijaCars4sale: 6:30pm On May 30, 2022
Him this is getting interesting
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by lookingfly: 7:29pm On May 30, 2022
dre11:
•How initial plot to co-opt ex-President hit brick wall

•Why cabals want Jonathan back as President — Olu Falae

•Southern candidate no longer feasible in APC —Kalu

•Osinbajo, Fayemi’s supporters talk tough

•Changes in date suspicious —Tinubu group

•APC NWC to discuss Atiku’s emergence, others today

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/2023-apc-govs-gang-up-against-jonathan/

Lalasticlala

is it the same Jonathan chilling in como grin
Re: 2023: APC Governors Gang Up Against Jonathan by AminuRano87(m): 5:57pm On May 31, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

He learnt from Tinubu
Tinubu is contesting. He is not working for a northern candidate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List / May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari / 34-Year-Old Yakubu Danladi Elected As Speaker, Kwara House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.