Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah (24948 Views)

Enugu 2023: I Am More Experienced Than Peter Obi - Chijioke Edeoga / Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu, The System Won’t Bow To You! - Thisday / Enugu 2023: Jubilant Supporters Receive Onoh Back To Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Bobloco: 11:05am On May 30, 2022
The All Progressives Congress(APC) in Enugu State on Sunday explained that it rejected the desperate moves by the former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu to “hijack” the party’s governorship ticket.

The party’s position followed speculations around Ekweremadu’s political future following his withdrawal from the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) governorship primary election in Enugu last week.

The state chairman of the party, Chief Ugochukwu Agballah who briefed newsmen in Enugu on Sunday, said the party rejected the pressures mounted by Ekweremadu on the APC in Abuja to grab its ticket.

He, however, said such a move would never work, describing it as evil.

Agballah added: “Ekweremadu is a man I have great respect for. We have held discussions, on the need for him to come and join us as a member of the party, the same way I met other persons.

“I reached out to him before our primary, but he informed me in the presence of the Southeast chairman of our party, that we should give him our ticket for governorship position.

“Even after our primary, he is still insisting that we should give him ticket.

“And I’m baffled because his demand is repugnant to natural justice, at variance with the Electoral Act, which he is one of the makers.

“His demand is evil, ignoble, shows that a man does not change his colour.

“He is in court claiming that he was subverted during the PDP primary, but the same man is now running up and down, disturbing us up and down, mobilizing Senators to prevail on our national chairman to subvert the Electoral Act.

“The Electoral Act is clear, nobody can give him a waiver to undo what we did.

“Uche Nnaji is our candidate; he emerged after a primary election duly observed by INEC.

“We want Ekweremadu to be our member but we cannot give him our governorship ticket. These are some of the things that give bad image to Nigerian politicians.

“Ekweremadu wants to be governor but the position was not even zoned to Enugu West, but he wants to take Enugu East turn. Now, he wants to come and subvert APC, where I am the chairman. And I ask, what kind of a man is Ekweremadu, who is this Ekweremadu?

“He is not a member of APC and he is demanding our ticket, is he now blinded by ambition. If I see him in my party, I will treat him like a mad man.

“His demands portend grave danger to our political system. I will not allow desperados to come and scatter what we have laboured for.

“Ekweremadu has been in power for 24 years, he should support others. It must not be about him all the time. We are not operating absolute monarchy.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/apc-why-we-rejected-ekweremadus-guber-bid-2/

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Joezinho: 11:06am On May 30, 2022
Bobloco:

He is not a member of APC and he is demanding our ticket, is he now blinded by ambition. If I see him in my party, I will treat him like a mad man.

“Ekweremadu has been in power for 24 years, he should support others. It must not be about him all the time. We are not operating absolute monarchy...

You don't have a bank account with UBA but wants UBA bank cashiers to pay you..

24 years? I hope GOD reserves the hottest part of hell for Nigerian politicians. They allow their lust for power to becloud their judgement..

Kudos to Chief Ugochukwu Agballah, for standing his ground. Men like you are rare..

"..Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity..". Martin Luther king ..

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Malory: 11:12am On May 30, 2022
The party chairman said it as it is. Ekweremadu is a greedy idiot that is full of himself

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Zonefree(m): 11:16am On May 30, 2022
Send Ekweremadu to Germany... New yam festival is around the corner

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by duro4chang(m): 11:17am On May 30, 2022
Malory:
The party chairman said it as it is. Ekweremadu is a greedy idiot that is full of himself
Ekeremadu has reduced himself to nothing because of greed. Now a political liability.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by inoki247: 11:18am On May 30, 2022
Joezinho:

You don't have a bank account with UBA but you want to withdraw money from the bank..

24 years? I hope GOD reserves the hottest part of hell for Nigerian politicians. They allow their list for power to becloud their judgement..

"..Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity..". Martin Luther king ..

Buh I fit use my ATM card withdraw for UBA bank now na just charges e go attract...

20 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Joezinho: 11:18am On May 30, 2022
inoki247:

Buh I fit use my ATM card withdraw for UBA bank now na just charges e go attract...

From inside the bank.. lol ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Malory: 11:21am On May 30, 2022
duro4chang:
Ekeremadu has reduced himself to nothing because of greedy. Now a political liability.
That man's greed is out of this world. Imagine someone that has been feeding fat on government money for twenty four years asking a party that he is not a member to give him their guber ticket? Who does that?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by helinues: 11:22am On May 30, 2022
After serving all his life with Pdp, worked against Apc for years, what arrant nonsense

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by allen113: 11:28am On May 30, 2022
Ekweremadu zukwanuike sad

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by duro4chang(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2022
Malory:
That man's greed is out of this world. Imagine someone that has been feeding fat on government money for twenty four years asking a party that he is not a member to give him their guber ticket? Who does that?
Hmmmn. Did he even do anything for his people?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Mooh247: 11:33am On May 30, 2022
cool

Ekweremadu got the Otoge treatment

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Nobody: 11:33am On May 30, 2022
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by SandraIkuboR(f): 11:34am On May 30, 2022
To me o......APC and PDP can go to hell!!!!!!!

And all these so called politicians can also drive to the deepest fiery part of hell for all I deem fit or care.......
cos they've not only succeeded in making Nigerians POORER
But also succeeded in making their account balance grow larger!!!!!!!

They don't CARE!!!
All they care about is their Bank Account

How can one person run for the senatorial seat for 24 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since 1999........That's callous!!!!!!

I even heard this ekweremadu guy is part of people that has being running for the senatorial seat since 1999
Not even giving other people chance

So they've finally succeeded in plunging Nigeria into a big damn debt and mess.......Lmao
Thank God I ran off

4 Likes

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by duro4chang(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Ekweremadu got the Otoge treatment

Real O to gee.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Latakia(f): 11:34am On May 30, 2022
Igbo politicians just receiving wotowoto from left and right. Firstly it was Obi Pandora aka labourer. Secondly it was Abaribe the chief surety of IPOB and now Ekweremadu the German IPOB slapee grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Maxymilliano(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2022
“He is not a member of APC and he is demanding our ticket, is he now blinded by ambition. If I see him in my party, I will treat him like a mad man.

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by LordBAutos(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2022
Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Prozico22(m): 11:35am On May 30, 2022
inoki247:

true talk

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by shortIGBOman: 11:35am On May 30, 2022
IGBO Politicians don't know how to play politics. They need to allow Northerners train them. grin grin

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Alwaysready(m): 11:35am On May 30, 2022
grin

If you are a politician and you are reading this text, God will punish you.

I dare any politician to drop his details if he will not die the next day.

You guys keep selling our future each day. Good governance,you said no! Education,no! Infrastructure ,you said no! Employment,no! Basic amenities nko,no!

Allow the private sector operate,you said no. You come up with exorbitant taxes and poor enabling environment for businesses with no power supply,good road.

Let them gather and missile should struck in their midst killing all of them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Slynation(m): 11:35am On May 30, 2022
Hehehehehe...There is this joy within me when honestly prevails against injustice, I wonder why people can be so greedy, I have held so many posts that benefitted me financially but at some point all I just want was to handover and have peace of mind instead of constant calls without rest and gallivanting from one unending meeting to another...But I wonder how this greedy lots are coping, 24years yet he still wants more... I love how this man gave it to him as e dey hot.

Just incase he's proving too stubborn, tell him to meet you at Germany for further negotiations... grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by ogaontop(m): 11:36am On May 30, 2022
Q
Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by KillerCrocodile: 11:36am On May 30, 2022
That is because he sees no difference between PDP and APC.

Imposition of Candidates is their watchword.

1 Like

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by bennybuhari: 11:36am On May 30, 2022
Ekwe is greedy..can't he live outside government money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Royalty83(m): 11:36am On May 30, 2022
Make Una gather am tear him cloth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Malory: 11:36am On May 30, 2022
duro4chang:
Hmmmn. Did he even do anything for his people?
He can't even point to a single borehole as his achievement for twenty four years

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah by Yibo(m): 11:36am On May 30, 2022
that is ibo for you

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can EL-Rufai Win Tinubu in a presidential Election? / Senators Jittery Over Fears Of Boko Haram Attack On Abuja / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From Turkey (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.