Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? (14579 Views)

NASRDA Salary For B Sc / Can A B.sc Holder In Banking And Finance Study Journalism In Masters? / What Are The Advantages Of B.tech Over B.sc In Civil Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by jastech: 1:47pm On May 30, 2022
There's this job position of a principal of a school am asked to take in. As a B.Sc holder in pure field without B.ed what is my chances of securing that position. Please I need you guys advice and opinion

1 Like

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by LordIsaac(m): 2:15pm On May 30, 2022
Yes...100%. You just get yourself a TRCN certificate, that's all.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by MaskSubzero: 2:22pm On May 30, 2022
LordIsaac:
ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by LordIsaac(m): 2:34pm On May 30, 2022
MaskSubzero:
I'll be writing the TRCN exams as soon as strike is being called off
Then you're good to go.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Sunnycliff(m): 2:19pm On May 31, 2022
Before nko? Na naija we de

3 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by PCG001: 2:20pm On May 31, 2022
wιтн connecтιon yoυ can even вecoмe a lecтυrerundecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by DarkCaesar(m): 2:20pm On May 31, 2022
Before nko
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Emu4life(m): 2:20pm On May 31, 2022
Get a PGDE

18 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by seanwilliam(m): 2:20pm On May 31, 2022
Yes why not, even with hnd
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by bouncin04(m): 2:20pm On May 31, 2022
Your current president doesn't even have the o'level ,so why not .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by kokkubabboni421(m): 2:21pm On May 31, 2022
Person wey nor get W.A.E.C result Dey rule a whole nation talk more of you with a BSC.y man you’re over good to go

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by jhydebaba(m): 2:21pm On May 31, 2022
Private school - YES
Govt School - NO

26 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Beremx(f): 2:21pm On May 31, 2022
Someone who studies linguistics in the university can get a Bank job in Nigeria. Your own na small case.

What cannot happen in Nigeria education system does not exist

14 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Aeecu6: 2:21pm On May 31, 2022
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Torosk1(m): 2:22pm On May 31, 2022
People wey no school dey follow say yes

15 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Iseoluwani: 2:23pm On May 31, 2022
Professionally wrong

You no study CUS 301. CURRICULUM STUDIES
YOU NO STUDY EMT. EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
YOU NO STUDY TEST AND MEASUREMENTS
YOU NO HISTORY OF EDUCATION,

YOU DON'T KNOW FAFUNWA, NPE (2004)

U NO GO NCE....

HABA IT'S VERY WRONG AND DANGEROUS

however anything can happen in Nigeria sha..

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by FalseProphet1(m): 2:23pm On May 31, 2022
With the right connections, you can even become the director of education board of your state.

This I have seen.

7 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by cescfrank(m): 2:24pm On May 31, 2022
A

2 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Christane: 2:25pm On May 31, 2022
this is Nigeria anything can happen just get the right connection dat all
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 2:25pm On May 31, 2022
Don't let those saying 'before nkọ' deceive you.
You might get the job (I'm sure the school is either not registered or it's an upcoming school) but in the long run, it'll stand against you.
Laslas, get a PGDE ASAP.

I know these because I'm in charge of administrative duties where I work and I handled registration of my school with the ministry of Education.

Shalom.

15 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by babaalagbo11(m): 2:25pm On May 31, 2022
jastech:
There's this job position of a principal of a school am asked to take in. As a B.Sc holder in pure field without B.ed what is my chances of securing that position. Please I need you guys advice and opinion
just go to any college of education near you or closest to you, apply for their post graduate diploma,it's a year course and it's like part time, when you're doing the pgd exam they'll automatically allow you to write TRCN exam,so you're in education field like that

3 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Worldlegend(m): 2:26pm On May 31, 2022
E belike this one is not in Nigeria...

You have not seen an engineer working in the bank?? It happened in my own fam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Iseoluwani: 2:27pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:

Gbe enu werey Soun

ONLY THOSE WITH EDUCATIONAL FIELD ARE PERMITTED TO DO TRCN

2 Likes

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by asto70: 2:28pm On May 31, 2022
jhydebaba:
Private school - YES
Govt School - NO
you are right ,no government school will give him the post of VP talk less of Principal.

1 Like

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 2:29pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:

You know this because you work with or for TRCN ?

Seems you forgot it means Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria and your NCE or B.Ed result or certificate is part of what you'll tender when applying for the certificate?
You'll still sit for TRCN exams o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by bigdammyj: 2:29pm On May 31, 2022
Reading...
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by dogooder: 2:30pm On May 31, 2022
jhydebaba:
Private school - YES
Govt School - NO
Op this is the right answer to your question. Even some private schools will not allow it but for public school, the shortest way is to do one year pgde ( you can have it on weekends) and then register with trcn.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It's International Nurses' Week- What Do You Have To Say About Nurses? / 8 Types Of People You’ll Find In Every Office / I Am About Making A Decision That Would Cost Me My I.T Placement: Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.