Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? (14607 Views)

NASRDA Salary For B Sc / Can A B.sc Holder In Banking And Finance Study Journalism In Masters? / What Are The Advantages Of B.tech Over B.sc In Civil Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Anjojo(f): 6:35pm On May 31, 2022
Please who has the NTI certificate I need help ASAP
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by deepwater(f): 6:41pm On May 31, 2022
jhydebaba:
Private school - YES
Govt School - NO

Jastech

Take the above very very serious
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by MaskSubzero: 6:52pm On May 31, 2022
omodelesunky:

Is it possible to get TRCN certificate without having B. Ed or Post graduate in education?
No unless you enroll for PGDE
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by MaskSubzero: 6:54pm On May 31, 2022
sinkhole:
Better go get your PGDE, because no TRCN without a minimum of PGDE.

As somebody said, it could be possible in Private School, but in Government Schools even if you enter by "leg" you will still be required to get the PGDE! Otherwise, one day that your long leg will be cut short for you embarassed
I just confirmed it bro, you're very right
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by muyico(m): 7:10pm On May 31, 2022
As long u graduate with second upper class.and can stimulate vry wel. My dear boda! Gud 2 go
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by micomatson(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2022
Does that means, a B.Tech holder in Pure and Applied Mathematics will have to go for PGDE before he/she can obtain TRCN?
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Rapture4real(m): 7:51pm On May 31, 2022
In private school,yes anything goes even with NEPA bill you can become Principal. But for public school, capital No. You need to have your qualifications in education and teach for some years before you can become a principal.

You cannot write TRCN without any degree in. Education. Your sure best is to go and register PGDE with NTI. Withing 12 months you're through. It doesn't affect your work. It's just Saturdays. I finished mine this year. TRCN exams coming up in June.

1 Like

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by ultimateprof: 7:52pm On May 31, 2022
No hope for you!
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Bbbw: 7:56pm On May 31, 2022
Anything is possible
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Emdebby2: 8:17pm On May 31, 2022
It's impossible in a government school. It's possible in a private school without government approval.

1 Like

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by dangoteinlaw: 8:33pm On May 31, 2022
Wow, alot of things I just knew now after my long years on Earth. But my question is this if the teachers and principals in the govt school are this qualified then when are private schools doing better?
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Smartwave: 9:21pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:
Yes...100%. You just get yourself a TRCN certificate, that's all.
You're wrong, you can sit or get TRCN certificate without Education qualification.

As Bsc holder, you need to obtain PGD in Education to qualify you for either TRCN ir be a qualified teacher please. Don't be misled.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Smartwave: 9:23pm On May 31, 2022
Emdebby2:
It's impossible in a government school. It's possible in a private school without government approval.
In most standard private school, it is not possible. He needs Post graduate Diploma in Education.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Smartwave: 9:26pm On May 31, 2022
micomatson:
Does that means, a B.Tech holder in Pure and Applied Mathematics will have to go for PGDE before he/she can obtain TRCN?
. YES, if you want to be relevant in Academic. ( In fact, it is a requirement for lecturer in College of Education).

1 Like

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by 042reports(f): 10:15pm On May 31, 2022
Anjojo:
Please who has the NTI certificate I need help ASAP

Lucky to be among the last graduated set of NTI PGDE Program affiliated with UDUS.

We have not been certified yet as we await semester results.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Femi0loye: 10:32pm On May 31, 2022
bnovative:
It's unfortunate how people with no knowledge of a question rushed to offer answer.
Op if it's a registered private school, maybe yes.
If it's a government school - NO.
Principal is not just a title, it's a rank equivalent of level 17: the zenith of career in the civil service.
When you join the teaching service with a bsc or Ba or B. ed, hnd etc, your entry level is level 08. It will take a minimum of 21years of service to get to the rank of principal general.
Those with hnd are bared at level 14.
Those bsc in other fields except education can never be made principal, unless the run a pgde programme to add to their certificate.

Hi, I am currently running a PDE program (not PGDE)... Is there any discrimination between the two in the labour market??
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Fantazy(m): 10:56pm On May 31, 2022
Father caughts his son red-handed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qe7XepB3w0

Click the SUBSCRIBE button on the channel to watch more
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by bnovative(m): 11:14pm On May 31, 2022
Femi0loye:

Hi, I am currently running a PDE program (not PGDE)... Is there any discrimination between the two in the labour market??
If your post secondary qualification is hnd and you are doing PDA, you can't get past level 14 in the teaching service.
However, you can go ahead to study for masters and pass the bar.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by bnovative(m): 11:26pm On May 31, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
Wow, alot of things I just knew now after my long years on Earth. But my question is this if the teachers and principals in the govt school are this qualified then when are private schools doing better?
Bad government happened to public schools. poor funding, decayed equipment/facilities, nepotism/jobs for highest bidder /slots for politicians ensure that qualified applicants don't get employed, lack of supervision etc.
There are lots of public schools that are better than the private schools, example the unity schools, some science colleges etc.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 31, 2022

I sell quality and Affordable wristwatches
WhatsApp or call 07055743280

Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by ModelLook(m): 11:59pm On May 31, 2022
LordIsaac:

Wrong...you have to have an Education qualification to sit for the exam.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Cousin9999: 1:19am On Jun 01, 2022
You lack the appropriate training and experience. It's unethical.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Coly2012(m): 2:27am On Jun 01, 2022
LordIsaac:
nobody gives you TRCN without and education certificate and TRCN exams.
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by phemmyfour: 8:12am On Jun 01, 2022
jastech:
There's this job position of a principal of a school am asked to take in. As a B.Sc holder in pure field without B.ed what is my chances of securing that position. Please I need you guys advice and opinion
Yes, get a side course certificate on education
Re: Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? by Veeryeasy(m): 8:30am On Jun 01, 2022
In Nigeria yes, he could even be a president sef

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? / Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria? / Sample Of NSE/COREN Technical Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.