Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,594 members, 7,851,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) (717 Views)

Why Did Obi Pick A Candidate From Mauritania? / Why Atiku’s Peter Obi Pick Divided South-East - Thisday Newspaper / If Atiku Choose His Vp from SW , These Are The Events That Will Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by Uptownerd: 3:49pm On May 30, 2022
Now that Peter Obi has been declared the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, where should he pick his Vice from?

1. North Central
2. North East

Like for North Central and "Share" for North East.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by successmatters(m): 3:51pm On May 30, 2022
North, Lamido Sanusi will make sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by bmdmix15: 3:52pm On May 30, 2022
u no well, north kill una there.

1 Like

Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by itaewon: 3:56pm On May 30, 2022
Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by Risentouch(m): 4:03pm On May 30, 2022
NC will balance things for him Incase APC goes North.
My opinion though

1 Like

Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by successmatters(m): 4:05pm On May 30, 2022
itaewon:
Keep deciving yourself

https://www.nairaland.com/7153063/peter-obi-not-authentic-presidential

So you believe an Okafor will block an Obi? grin

Things have changed, even the Okafor knows a good thing when he sees it, he only needs to be promised something.
Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by OfoIgbo: 4:10pm On May 30, 2022
Strategically, if I were him, I will pick my VP candidate from the NC.

The reason being that the NE will heavily vote for PDP and APC as their sons are likely to emerge as both parties' candidates.

But NC has no clear horse to back in both the APC and PDP, so if a VP of NC origin emerges in LP, more votes from the NC will go to the LP.

I don't expect PO to win, but if he plays his cards right, he will make a good showing

1 Like

Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by helinues: 4:12pm On May 30, 2022
Best bet for him is to pick his vice from NW
Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by helinues: 4:13pm On May 30, 2022
OfoIgbo:

The reason being that the NE will heavily vote for PDP and APC as their sons are likely to emerge as both parties' candidates.

But NC has no clear horse to back in both the APC and PDP, so if a VP of NC origin emerges in LP, more votes from the NC will go to the LP.

I don't expect PO to win, but if he plays his cards right, he will make a good showing

The NC are even more alligned to Pdp and Apc cos they always decide the winner with their votes
Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by itaewon: 4:16pm On May 30, 2022
successmatters:

So you believe an Okafor will block an Obi? grin

Things have changed, even the Okafor knows a good thing when he sees it, he only needs to be promised something.
ok
Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by duro4chang(m): 4:27pm On May 30, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Unlike other zones, NC has no leaders. They are different people put together by Nigerian arrangement. They are not united. They have never worked together to achieve a goal. Kwara and Benue not the same. Plateau and Niger not the same. Do your opinion on that issue will not work. They have never produced the president not VP since 1999 and they did not complain.

2 Likes

Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by kettykings: 4:34pm On May 30, 2022
If he picks North east they will still vote Atiku, if he picks North West ,they will still vote APC let him pick from the middle belt and corner middle belt votes , Abuja votes, Lagos votes ,South South votes and south East votes

Every Igbo adult should have his voters card ready please irrespective of where you are living and whether you are voting or not
Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by OfoIgbo: 4:40pm On May 30, 2022
duro4chang:
Unlike other zones, NC has no leaders. They are different people put together by Nigerian arrangement. They are not united. They have never worked together to achieve a goal. Kwara and Benue not the same. Plateau and Niger not the same. Do your opinion on that issue will not work. They have never produced the president not VP since 1999 and they did not complain.

There are ways of doing these things.

Look for a prominent person from the NC who is half Tiv and half Igala. By so doing, you mount a heavy challenge to two NC states.

Now to make this more electric, PO can shortlist the names of such NC individuals and send the list to the umbrella socio-cultural organisation of the NC, and also give the list to the SESSSWMB alliance which has as members, socio-cultural organisations of the SE, SS, SW and the middlebelt.
It could be made a media event to greatly grab the attention of the NC heavyweights and it will give them a sense of belonging, in what PO is doing, and will publicize the whole process in a way that will bring in the needed emotional and psychological loyalty of the NC.

The person will obviously have to be a muslim.

By the time PO is done with this, come and see buzz

2 Likes

Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by Xcelinteriors(f): 4:58pm On May 30, 2022
bmdmix15:
u no well, north kill una there.
But you know that's the only way he can get vote from the northerners
Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by kettykings: 5:06pm On May 30, 2022
OfoIgbo:

There are ways of doing these things.

Look for a prominent person from the NC who is half Tiv and half Igala. By so doing, you mount a heavy challenge to two NC states.

Now to make this more electric, PO can shortlist the names of such NC individuals and send the list to the umbrella socio-cultural organisation of the NC, and also give the list to the SESSSWMB alliance which has as members, socio-cultural organisations of the SE, SS, SW and the middlebelt.
It could be made a media event to greatly grab the attention of the NC heavyweights and it will give them a sense of belonging, in what PO is doing, and will publicize the whole process in a way that will bring in the needed emotional and psychological loyalty of the NC.

The person will obviously have to be a muslim.

By the time PO is done with this, come and see buzz

Thank you for this insightful contribution
Re: Should Peter Obi Pick A VP From North Central Or North East (Live Voting) by bmdmix15: 5:40pm On May 30, 2022
Xcelinteriors:

But you know that's the only way he can get vote from the northerners

not really needed, best it's time people stop thinking this norther are all dat

(1) (Reply)

I Will Vote For Peter Obi: Award-winning Guardian Reporter, Eniola Daniel / Muslim-muslim Ticket : A Thorn In The Flesh Of Nigerian Christians / Tinubu Lied About Obama’s Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.