Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Do I Really Have Hypertension? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do I Really Have Hypertension? (783 Views)

More Young Nigerians Have Hypertension– Doctors Gives Reasons / Do Some People Really Have Their Heart At The Right Side Of The Chest? / How To Use Onions To Treat Urinary Tract Infections, Dry Cough, Hypertension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Really Have Hypertension? by llade(m): 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2011
I had a baby girl 8 weeks ago and went in for an evacuation (ERPC) three weeks after. I felt abdominal pains some days later which necessitated me seeing a doctor on the 5th of July, 2011. After examination, the doctor said I should go for an ultrasound scan which I did. Thereafter, the doctor referred me to see a gynecologist the following day. On seeing the gynecologist, he said all was well and that all that was needed was antibiotics and rest. On 7th July, I felt some dizziness and my legs were shaking. I almost fainted that day so I was taken to a private clinic since my company’s clinic was a bit far. After my condition was stable precisely on the 9th of July, I went to my clinic and still was referred again to see a gynecologist on 11th July. That day, I still felt dizzy and that my legs were shaking, so he decided that I be hospitalized. Between 5th – 11th July 2011 my BP was consistently 110/70. After admission on the 11th of July 2011, I woke up on 12th July 2011 only to be told by the nurses that my BP had risen to 160/120 on the morning of 12th July after they started administering anti biotics and Unigyl claiming they were treating me for sepsis from the previous nite. On the morning of July 13, the measurement was 140/80. More puzzled was the fact that these measurements increase during the day when am not wit my husband, for example on 13th July, he was called by the medics to come and see me from the office cos my BP had risen to 150/110, immediately he came and stayed wit me it subsided to 130/90 after a few hours. We had an echo, renal scan and ECG on 14th July which all showed no problem wit vital organs. Determined to know what was happening, he stayed wit me from 14th – 16th July and my BP went down from 120/90 on 14th July to 100/60 on 16th July. The problem is that the medics are saying I have high BP and has placed me on anti hypertensive drugs which they said had suppressed the BP. This conclusion is what I find difficult to believe because I have had no issue of high BP b4, also the fact that on the day I was admitted my BP was normal @ 110/70 same wit the measurements taken on 5th,6th, 7th,9th and 11th July 2011 before admission. Please I need to know what is happening to me.
Re: Do I Really Have Hypertension? by Odunnu: 10:05am On Jul 18, 2011
No you dont have HBP and those medical staff were wrong to start administering the drugs.
Re: Do I Really Have Hypertension? by obowunmi(m): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2011
Stop using the stupid drugs they gave you. You are very stressed out but why ? What you need is bedrest.
Re: Do I Really Have Hypertension? by uonyekwere(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
If your bp was normal for a long time before you went to the hospital, and only started to become abnormal after you visited it would make sense to say that something happened while at the hospital that caused it to change, based on your story. Maybe stress. But it doesn't sound like this was a chronic hypertension since you said it was a sudden onset.

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Unveils Universal Health Care Scheme / Females Only, Please Read. / How Can Hernia Be Cured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.