Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? (848 Views)

The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card / Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / List Of Nigerian Tycoons That Impact Ghana's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? by ifeis(m): 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2007
Why dont most sites accept nigerian credit card, dont u think its not just fair.Tried paying 4 some things some couple of weeks bak with the credit card or rather debit card issued to me from GTB,but it was declined.What can i do?
Re: What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? by tundewoods(m): 3:55am On Aug 10, 2007
Simple,most of these foreign websites consider Nigeria as a high risk and credit card fraudulent country so we seem to be blacklisted from most credit card accepting websites.

I also use a GTB mastercard,however i am able to use mine because i have a working relationship with the website that i use my cards.I suggest you first send them an email to inform them of the challenges you are facing.However i must warn that in case you are trying to use your credit card on a shopping website like Ebay will virtually be impossible.

Our online image as fraud prone nation is responsible for this.
Re: What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? by simplyme3(f): 4:02am On Aug 10, 2007
lies -its because the bank cards are not international - they are not in the database - if its Visa - then cool.
Re: What Is The Use Of Nigerian Dedit(credit) Card? by donne4real(m): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2007
I think a thing of comfort is the fact that you can use the debit card (as long as it is either Visa or Mastercard) if you are present in other nations. I had a friend who visited from Nigeria and he was able to use his debit card in the US without any issue.

(1) (Reply)

The New Gmd Of Nnpc: Yar'adua? / Introducing Disney Treasures Club - $5000 For You! / Fbn Bonuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.