Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing (12027 Views)

Border Patrol Team Hands Over 2 Suspects Arrested With $285,000 To EFCC / Vincent Desmond: Police Accused Me Of Being A Yahoo Boy & Took Me To ATM / Fake Army Officer Arrested At Military Base Where He Lived For Over 2 Years. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by queendoosh(f): 12:04pm On May 31, 2022
In 2006, officials from a north London housing association entered an apartment belonging to a 38-year-old woman identified just as Joyce Carol Vincent to reposes it due to unpaid rent and what they discovered next was nothing but a skeletonized body of a dead person believed to be Joyce but officers needed to invited first for identification.

This was because she was entirely unidentifiable. Her body was mostly decomposed, as she had been dead for years.

Joyce Carol Vincent lived in London in a bedsit, a type of social housing in the United Kingdom.

HOW SHE WAS DISCOVERED

According to an exclusive article by ATI , the officials who came to her apartment on January 5, 2006, were there to repossess her apartment due to unpaid rent. Though, it’s estimated that she died sometime in December of 2003.

Neighbors didn’t really know her, thus didn’t really notice her absence. The only detectable thing was a bad smell, which they attributed to garbage bins below the apartment.

Vincent was found on the floor, clutching a shopping bag. Because her remains were mostly skeletal, she was only able to be identified through dental records. It also had been too long to determine a cause of death, though police suggested she died of natural causes after a criminal investigation ruled out any foul play. Vincent reportedly had asthma and it’s been speculated that she may have had an attack.
With a cause of death essentially placed, only one question remained: how could someone be dead for two years and no one notices?

Not that anyone deserves to die and go unnoticed for several years, but it was particularly strange that nobody seemed to know Joyce Vincent had passed away. She was 38 years old, she worked for most of her life, she had family and friends, and wasn’t known to be on drugs or in any legal trouble.

Carol Morley....

READ FULL STORY BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW �

http://www.evadoosh.com/2022/05/how-joyce-vincent-died-in-her-apartment.html

2 Shares

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by phrancys001(m): 12:08pm On May 31, 2022
Chai!
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Karlovych: 12:08pm On May 31, 2022
shocked shocked So she had no husband, chidren, family or friends that bothered to do welfare check on her after a long time.

She was also lucky Afonjers weren't the first to see her in such state, it would have been a different story altogether.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by ThreeEyedRaven: 12:09pm On May 31, 2022
How come families and friends didn't bother to check up on her for a whole three years?
Come on man sad

See how pretty she was cry

5 Likes

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Sekoni003(m): 12:19pm On May 31, 2022
ThreeEyedRaven:
How come families and friends didn't bother to check up on her for a whole three years?
Come on man sad

Yeah I've thought about it too. The only theory is she had no social life and she had a strained relationship with her family/she had no surviving family coz to be honest, three years is quite a long time for someone with loved ones to go AWOL without even a word.

4 Likes

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by godofuck231: 12:27pm On May 31, 2022
Where all the "men are bastards" on nairaland, come and see your colleagues, she died of loneliness

4 Likes

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by emmanuelbrown26: 4:27pm On May 31, 2022
godofuck231:
Where all the "men are bastards" on nairaland, come and see your colleagues, she died of loneliness
Gbamsolutely, when u tell them that they need men more than men need them

1 Like

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 31, 2022
Karlovych:
shocked shocked So she had no husband, chidren, family or friends that bothered to do welfare check on her after a long time.

She was also lucky Afonjers weren't the first to see her in such state, it would have been a different story altogether.

You no well o

3 Likes

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Orubebe01: 4:47pm On May 31, 2022
Karlovych:

1 Like

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Jef4u: 5:01pm On May 31, 2022
But I thought skeletons don't have ears

1 Like

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Skengman: 5:13pm On May 31, 2022
Jef4u:
But I thought skeletons don't have ears
cheesy cheesy So that's your only observation from this mind boggling story.
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Jef4u: 5:25pm On May 31, 2022
Skengman:

cheesy cheesy So that's your only observation from this mind boggling story.

No, I actually learn a lot from the story even though we hardly have such sedentary life here. I have learned to appreciate more the role our family, friends, neighbors and coworkers play in our daily existence.

Nonetheless I am very curios as to why her ears are still intact after this long period

8 Likes

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:32pm On May 31, 2022
godofuck231:
At least she wasn't murdered by an insecured wannabe redpiller.. grin
She died a natural death.. grin

1 Like

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Theoroosevelt1: 5:36pm On May 31, 2022
If it is Nigeria, NEPA go don help her off her TV set.

5 Likes

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by workchopNG: 5:57pm On May 31, 2022
Too bad
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by beautyhd: 6:00pm On May 31, 2022
I like staying alone but family and friends won’t let me be.

One of the disadvantages of I don’t socialize, I don’t keep friends and I like my space.

She worked according to the report and colleagues didn’t miss her and find out why she hasn’t been coming.

The story get as e be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:02pm On May 31, 2022
beautyhd:
I like staying alone but family and friends won’t let me be.

One of the disadvantages of I don’t socialize, I don’t keep friends and I like my space
Best way to live..no stress..

1 Like

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by IkeIgboNile(m): 6:16pm On May 31, 2022
godofuck231

231, i like that number cool
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Alapojames: 7:05pm On May 31, 2022
And light till they sha
See working country

If na here eh

1 Like

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by 1Sharon(f): 8:53pm On May 31, 2022
I read about her story. She cut herself off from her friends and family. Hence no one came looking.

Likely depressed
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by 1Sharon(f): 9:03pm On May 31, 2022
godofuck231:

She was a victim of domestic abuse, you ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by PlaysNigeria: 9:43pm On May 31, 2022
Such a sad way yo exit this life, no one came knocking pr wondering her where abouts for a whole 3 years. Damn!
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by haabidah666: 10:40pm On May 31, 2022
This can't happen in my country cool
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Lordbinsmar: 10:42pm On May 31, 2022
angry
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by godofuck231: 10:48pm On May 31, 2022
1Sharon:

She was a victim of domestic abuse, you ignoramus.

so? Do you know hoe many mothers were beating by their husband's with koboko in the 60s 70s and 80s , still they never left now these mothers are the ones taking care of their husband's till date and those dark days are not talked about , except they love you and want to share part of their history to show you how relationship and marriages grow from turbulent to old and grey

2 Likes

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by godofuck231: 10:56pm On May 31, 2022
IkeIgboNile:
godofuck231

231, i like that number cool
its for those with a heart of gold

1 Like

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by tnerro1(m): 10:57pm On May 31, 2022
haabidah666:
This can't happen in my country cool

True, your neighbors for don come dey find salt or something else

1 Like

Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by godofuck231: 10:58pm On May 31, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

At least she wasn't murdered by an insecured wannabe redpiller.. grin
She died a natural death.. grin
you need to understand what a Swedish death is and its cause
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by haabidah666: 11:22pm On May 31, 2022
tnerro1:

True, your neighbors for don come dey find salt or something else

abi nah grin
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by Rickmann: 11:26pm On May 31, 2022
queendoosh:

In 2006, officials from a north London housing association entered an apartment belonging to a 38-year-old woman identified just as Joyce Carol Vincent to reposes it due to unpaid rent and what they discovered next was nothing but a skeletonized body of a dead person believed to be Joyce but officers needed to invited first for identification.

This was because she was entirely unidentifiable. Her body was mostly decomposed, as she had been dead for years.

Joyce Carol Vincent lived in London in a bedsit, a type of social housing in the United Kingdom.

HOW SHE WAS DISCOVERED

According to an exclusive article by ATI , the officials who came to her apartment on January 5, 2006, were there to repossess her apartment due to unpaid rent. Though, it’s estimated that she died sometime in December of 2003.

Neighbors didn’t really know her, thus didn’t really notice her absence. The only detectable thing was a bad smell, which they attributed to garbage bins below the apartment.

Vincent was found on the floor, clutching a shopping bag. Because her remains were mostly skeletal, she was only able to be identified through dental records. It also had been too long to determine a cause of death, though police suggested she died of natural causes after a criminal investigation ruled out any foul play. Vincent reportedly had asthma and it’s been speculated that she may have had an attack.
With a cause of death essentially placed, only one question remained: how could someone be dead for two years and no one notices?

Not that anyone deserves to die and go unnoticed for several years, but it was particularly strange that nobody seemed to know Joyce Vincent had passed away. She was 38 years old, she worked for most of her life, she had family and friends, and wasn’t known to be on drugs or in any legal trouble.

Carol Morley....

READ FULL STORY BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW �

http://www.evadoosh.com/2022/05/how-joyce-vincent-died-in-her-apartment.html

Cmon man, this story doesn't add up at all. Are they saying no family or friend came to visit for 3 whole years?
Re: How Joyce Vincent,died In Her Apartment For Over 2-yrs With Her TV Playing by ClassicMan202(m): 12:26am On Jun 01, 2022
Moral of the story....

Borrow money from people..... Dem go dey check on you once in a while

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keith Ogunsola Arraigned For Raping His Student In UK / NDLEA Intercepts Fake Soldier With Drugs, Recovers ATM, Liquid Cannabis, Others / Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.