Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,812 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship (26860 Views)

Court Adjourns Suit To Disqualify Atiku From Presidential Race / 9th NASS: Fresh Suit Seeks Reversal Of Apc’s Zoning Of Leadership Position / Anti-corruption Network Asks Malami To Disqualify Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by Okhuadams(m): 6:58pm On May 31, 2022
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by Thomthom(m): 7:04pm On May 31, 2022
donjazet:
Nigerians need to vote out both parties. We need someone new.
Only 15% of the population voted last election. Many Nigerians don't participate in the elections due to poor voter education and historic ballot rigging.

But times have changed, both big parties would not allow the other to rig the outcome so we have to start engaging in the process in numbers too big to rig. If we can bump that number up to 45%, watch the revolution that occurs. We're well on our way to doing that judging by the new registration numbers INEC just published
PLEASE GO AND GET YOUR PVC's. Time is running out. We must take our country back from these corrupt entities.
Bro it is not because Nigerians don't participate in the elections due to poor voter education and historic ballot rigging... it's because after wasting ur precious time to go and vote ... They start to steal, Borrow and steal.. At the end of the day, another 8 years is gone.. the country is still worse..

1 Like

Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by SugarGirl44(f): 7:05pm On May 31, 2022
Okarakwu:
I know na Igbo man they will pick for this useless task.

Say na useless task grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by casualobserver: 7:15pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

Without the suit, will you know his name?

He needs to make a name nah

i still dont know his name and I am sure many people didnt even register his name while reading the story
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by fergie001: 7:20pm On May 31, 2022
casualobserver:

i still dont know his name and I am sure many people didnt even register his name while reading the story
Pity him nah, at least the first name shocked
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by iTommysco: 7:20pm On May 31, 2022
helinues:
Atiku already passed over that.

Those people suing him are just wasting their time

Me sef if I be lawyer I go find something talk against am make I for collect money, lawyers just want chop politician money .

All these na cruise
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by courage89(m): 7:44pm On May 31, 2022
The question is not about winning in the court of law. The question is about the media campaign, election slogan that will come after. Will it stick is the question? Just like how the media and online pundits slammed Buhari with the "Certificate less slogan". Lets see how the story unfolds.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by zoedew: 7:47pm On May 31, 2022
Many say he is Cameroonian.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by ultimateprof: 7:48pm On May 31, 2022
One thing I know and its certain that Atiku will never become the Nigerian president.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by Megabig: 7:50pm On May 31, 2022
Hj
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by frankson1(m): 8:18pm On May 31, 2022
helinues:

Mr. Johnmary JideObi
- isn't this name funny and confusing undecided

The name of the 'lawyer' should tell you the real intention about this story and where he/she is coming from.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by Jostoman: 8:20pm On May 31, 2022
Make some people no use hypertension to finish themselves because of Atiku o
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by Bruno3000(m): 8:47pm On May 31, 2022
Objection...
fergie001:
Dead case.

He lacks locus standi .. "a busybody and meddlesome interloper."

Abuse of Court Process, case dismissed
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by fergie001: 8:52pm On May 31, 2022
Bruno3000:
Objection...
Objection over-ruled grin
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by bluefilm: 8:58pm On May 31, 2022
He can only be president in Cameroon.

I wish they will disqualify him.

So that Wike will become the party flag bearer.

So that Peter Obi will easily trounce him.

So that victory for us will be more than assured in the end.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by labelle123(f): 9:26pm On May 31, 2022
Historically fulanis are not Nigerians
They just like claiming what is not theirs
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by MrBroke(m): 10:02pm On May 31, 2022
Atiku is also cameroonian, the reason for this
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by autodevice(m): 10:49pm On May 31, 2022
Ok
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by engineerboat(m): 12:04am On Jun 01, 2022
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by engineerboat(m): 12:07am On Jun 01, 2022
fergie001:

Without the suit, will you know his name?

He needs to make a name nah

smiley

Aftef how many court judgement and he chasing shadows.

Om another note. Seems the governors are set to be at logger head with Buhari on APC primary
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by fergie001: 12:10am On Jun 01, 2022
engineerboat:
After how many court judgement and he chasing shadows.

On another note. Seems the Governors are set to be at logger head with Buhari on APC Primary.
They want one of themselves. Who no like Presidency? cool
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by poseidon12: 12:54am On Jun 01, 2022
Nonsense.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by godwon01(m): 1:15am On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:

Their time, money and government resources. They should keep quiet. Medicine after death. Nigerian like to bring themselves down unnecessarily.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by slickbak(m): 2:07am On Jun 01, 2022
Yankee101:
Waste of time
If Atiku is not Nigerian, then definitely buhari isn’t as he still has relatives in Niger republic
Obj would have been the first to crush Atiku if this citizenship affair held any water.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by MetaPhysical: 5:10am On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:

Read that first question in the brief again.

He is not questioning if Atiku is Nigerian or not, NO. Atiku is Nigerian but not a natural-born Nigerian. He is asking for interpretation & clarification if ONLY "natural-born" Nigerians can take oath of office as President.

I believe Atiku claimed he is Nigerian by descent from a maternal root in Kano or Jigawa, I forget which. He was born in Cameroon.

However, even if a ruling does not qualify non natural-borns, Atiku can use precedence in his defense. Same qualification guides President and VP. He was VP, that's precedence and thus give him waiver where otherwise a interpretation against could have disqualified him.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by Lepon02: 7:39am On Jun 01, 2022
Waste of time.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by SpecialEdition: 8:32am On Jun 01, 2022
Nwaezehopr:
. Obi will not even get 4th. Who knows him in the North? Everyone of them are banking on northern votes. Labour party don't have office in most of northern States. I'm an Igbo but we need to be realistic. We don't know anything about politics. How do you think our votes can make him a president? He would have allow a governor from East to be Atiku vice since they insisted on having one governor as his vice. We have lost both president and vice. Atiku would have hand over to an Igbo man

The whole North will not vote Atiku. North is 105 million - inside North is Middle Belt (north central 30 million includes places like Benue)

South is 90 million

Total number of votes last election was less than 30 million

If youths vote for Peter Obi with the same vigour of #Endsars. #endbadgovernment . Youths can produce over 60 million votes and end all this annoitment of candidates.
Remember Anambra elections? The new voting system prevent rigging. They can only buy votes but they now need presence of voters to vote. Remember how in Anambra they carried money and were begging people to collect?
There are video phones and life streaming everywhere. Things have changed.
Your vote really matters. Please use it and please educate your friends. Another 8 years of this will finally destroy our spirits and turn us angry, mad or simply zombies.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 01, 2022
Look at his name, Johnmary, he wants his share of dollars.
Re: Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship by einsteine(m): 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
Stupid.

Someone who was Vice President for 8 years.

People should be flogged thoroughly for wasting the time of the court.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi May Win Popular Vote, Lose National Spread, Then What? By Farooq Kperogi / Adamu Arrives APC National Secretariat To Assume Office As Chairman / The List Of Nigerian Looters Who Kept All Of Us In Poverty!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.