Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals (560 Views)

Bukayo Saka And Nine Other Nigerian Players Called Up To England National Team. / Lampard Speaks On Tammy Abraham Playing For England / Nigerian Players Who Have Never Played For The National Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by damilola4162(m): 6:59pm On May 31, 2022
Arsenal youngstar, Bukoye Saka has revealed why he chose to commit his international future to the England national team, 'Three Lions', instead of playing for Nigeria’s 'Super Eagles', Newspremises reports.

The versatile player said he’s convinced with England’s transformation that the future would be great and wish Nigerian team well.

The Nigerian born young star has been handed call-up by the Three Lions for their upcoming games against Wales, Belgium and Denmark, following his outstanding performances for Arsenal since his promotion to the first team.

“I feel like I’m really, really proud of my Nigerian heritage,” Saka told Sky Sports. “I always still watch Nigeria’s games where I can and I wish them all the best and support them all the way, but I’ve seen the process of how England is transforming and I think in the future, they will do great stuff”.

“I feel like it was right for me to choose England.”

The forward was born in England but eligible to play for the Super Eagles through his parents and has now pledged his international future with the European country.

“My dad was born here, my mum was born in Nigeria, but they both grew up in Nigeria and met each other in Nigeria,” he added. “When they came to England, it wasn’t easy for them because obviously, it was a new country then”.

“It was really cold for them, but they adapted well and as soon as they had me and my brother, they always left everything out the way and put us first”.

“Especially my football career, my dad always pushed me, he took me to training on days where sometimes, it will take two hours to get to training, so I’ll always be so grateful for my parents for the work they’ve done for me.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/why-i-ignored-nigeria-for-england-national-team-bukayo-saka-reveals/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

1 Like

Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by Urheadmaster(m): 7:05pm On May 31, 2022
No any sane person will choose to play for a country without direction.

He's choices will definitely payoff someday tongue.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by shawante(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2022
Urheadmaster:
No any sane person will choose to play for a country without direction.

He's choices will definitely payoff someday tongue.
Like that of agbonlahor abi?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by Kollins11: 7:24pm On May 31, 2022
You and David Alaba made the right decision.

You don't need to shalaye
Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by oz4real83(m): 8:22pm On May 31, 2022
The president and other people who swore oath to protect and defend Nigeria still run to other countries to enjoy themselves, how much more you that didn't swear any oath. You took the right decision.
Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by MMWandali: 9:10pm On May 31, 2022
Up saka

Promising young chap
Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by Seredebe: 9:42pm On May 31, 2022
Your life, your choice
Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by kenzysmith: 10:18pm On May 31, 2022
This guy mouth be like wetin go smell Wella the guy Yoruba face too strong for English national team

Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by paulolee(m): 10:21pm On May 31, 2022
you owe no one any explanation....playing for england is far more better than Nigeria but dts if you get game time
Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by paulolee(m): 10:22pm On May 31, 2022
kenzysmith:
This guy mouth be like wetin go smell Wella the guy Yoruba face too strong for English national team
stop pollution nairaland with such tribalistic comments....I no expect such from u bro
Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by kenzysmith: 10:44pm On May 31, 2022
paulolee:

stop pollution nairaland with such tribalistic comments....I no expect such from u bro
bro am not tribalist but d guy face look local na if d guy dey warri na every week d guy go dey lodge for prision. Even mane face be like hand rubber
Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by Patrickker(m): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2022
shawante:

Like that of agbonlahor abi?
He is either a juvenile or one bereft of history when it comes to making international choices. He should ask John Fashanu too.
Re: Why I Ignored Nigeria For England National Team- Bukayo Saka Reveals by shawante(m): 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2022
Patrickker:

He is either a juvenile or one bereft of history when it comes to making international choices. He should ask John Fashanu too.
Don't mind him.. As a matter of fact i don't think there's any Nigerian who has done well as an international player for England.

I stand to be corrected though.

(1) (Reply)

Banker 3odds For Tuesday June 14th 2022 / Manchester United Striker, Cristiano Ronaldo Is Set For A Shock Move To Barca / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.