Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! (1375 Views)

12 Reasons Why Italy Is The Most Racist Nation In The Western World. / Still On Easy Travel To Western Europe / Living In Western Europe? Sign In For October 1st Party! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by frankkky: 10:54am On Jul 18, 2011
yes o,let me narrate what happened to me last week,i went to a a small clothes shop to buy some clothes,after buying and paying for the clothes,i forgot my wallet in the shop containg bank cards and most importantly my id card,it was much later in the day that i discovered my wallet was missing,i quickly ran to the bank to cancell the credit cards,i decided to go back to the shop to check and was so happy when the owner of the shop confirmed to me that it was there i forgot it,he then told me that he had handed the wallet over to two policemen patrolling his area and that i should just go the police station.
With confidence i marched to the state police station only to recieve the biggest shock of my life,the police denied ever recieving anything of such,not ready to take no for an answer i insisted and they searched through their lost and found items and yet my wallet was not among,i had to go back to the shop owner who then followed me back to the station to confirm that he had indeed as a good citizen hannded over my document to the police,my brother to cut a long story short the policemen that my documents were given to THREW IT INTO THE TRASHBIN, to say i was shocked is an understatment,i am thinking of taking a lawyer to sue them but in the meantime i have to apply again for a new id card which will cost me 3o euros in taxess and more than a month b4 a new id card is issued to me meanwhile i was supposed to travel tommorow,now i cant do that anymore cause of the missing id.so my people no be only naija police bad eggs dey,them plenty for here too,may GOD help us all o
Re: Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by frankkky: 10:58am On Jul 18, 2011
i believe they(the policemen) must have taken the cash that was in the wallet 480euros 75 cent,that was why they threw the wallet away,na wah o
Re: Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by andy1(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2011
na so e be everywhere my bruva, jezz say 9ja own dey worse. grin
Re: Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by agenta999(f): 11:57pm On Nov 29, 2011
which country be this?
Re: Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by llbhuds: 7:24am On Nov 30, 2011
We humans are the same everywhere irrespective of the race,sex or reliigion.
Thank God its not a nigerian police station,cos for even going to ask them for the wallet, u could be arrested grin grin
Also, maybe d shop attendant is not telling the truth
Re: Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by Vicjustice: 11:48am On Nov 30, 2011
frankkky:

yes o,let me narrate what  happened to me last week,i went to a a small clothes shop to buy some clothes,after  buying and paying for the clothes,i forgot my wallet in the shop containg bank cards and most importantly my id card,it was much later in the day that i discovered my wallet was missing,i quickly ran to the bank to cancell the credit cards,i decided to go back to the shop to check and was so happy when the owner of the shop confirmed to me that it was there i forgot it,he then told me that he had handed the wallet over to two policemen patrolling his area and that i should just go the police station.
                   With confidence i marched to the state police station only to recieve the biggest shock of my life,the police denied ever recieving anything of such,not ready to take no for an answer i insisted and they searched through their lost and found items and yet my wallet was not among,i had to go back to the shop owner who then followed me back to the station to confirm that he had indeed as a good citizen hannded over my document to the police,my brother to cut a long story short the policemen that my documents were given to THREW IT INTO THE TRASHBIN, to say i was shocked is an understatment,i am thinking of  taking a lawyer to sue them but in the meantime i have to apply  again for a new id card which will cost me 3o euros in taxess and more than a month b4 a new id card is issued to me meanwhile i was supposed to travel tommorow,now i cant do that anymore cause of the missing id.so my people no be only naija police bad eggs dey,them plenty for here too,may GOD help us all o
frankkky:

i believe they(the policemen) must have taken the cash that was in the wallet 480euros 75 cent,that was why they threw the wallet away,na wah o
   Giving the benefit of doubt, somehow, i have the feeling that the €480.75 cent is an after thought make-up, pardon me if i'm wrong.
   The 10 reasons why i question your claim:
1) In your first post, you didn't make mention of this money, THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR MAIN CONCERN, but the fact that you omitted it is questionable.
2) The Shop management (according to regulation and protocol) must have looked into your wallet before handing it over to the police, so, such (money) content must have been noted.
3) The Police would not dump the wallet into a bin (where it can be found) if they indeed stole money from it, they would have completely destroyed it
4) Anyone who uses a wallet will agree that it is highly unlikely that you know the exact amount in your own wallet, but the fact that you are so accurate of the sum (€480.75) in your wallet is questionable.
5) The shop management must have kept the wallet for some reasonable time (in expectation of your return for it) before handing it over to the police, but yet, with so much money in it, it took you a whole while to realise it absence
6) Whenever something like this happens, it is logical for us to claim that money was involved and is now missing.
7) Though, it can happen, but hardly would western police officers steal money from a wallet that was handed to them by the management of a shop, such property are usually documented and are on record.
8 ) You are in Europe, you do not need to rush to your bank to cancel your card, everyone does that by phone
9) Except there are other criminal contents in the wallet, otherwise, since the wallet contains your Id and other cards, it is the duty of the store management to contact you, not the Police.
10) There is supposed to be a documentary evidence of the shop management handing the wallet to the police, and this is supposed to have been done at the Police Station, it will be silly and irresponsible for the management to hand over such sensitive property to just any man in police uniform. Peace
Re: Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by DAY12(m): 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2011
^
Vicjustice:

Giving the benefit of doubt, somehow, i have the feeling that the €480.75 cent is an after thought make-up, pardon me if i'm wrong.
   The 10 reasons why i question your claim:
1) In your first post, you didn't make mention of this money, THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR MAIN CONCERN, but the fact that you omitted it is questionable.
2) The Shop management (according to regulation and protocol) must have looked into your wallet before handing it over to the police, so, such (money) content must have been noted.
3) The Police would not dump the wallet into a bin (where it can be found) if they indeed stole money from it, they would have completely destroyed it
4) Anyone who uses a wallet will agree that it is highly unlikely that you know the exact amount in your own wallet, but the fact that you are so accurate of the sum (€480.75) in your wallet is questionable.
5) The shop management must have kept the wallet for some reasonable time (in expectation of your return for it) before handing it over to the police, but yet, with so much money in it, it took you a whole while to realise it absence
6) Whenever something like this happens, it is logical for us to claim that money was involved and is now missing.
7) Though, it can happen, but hardly would western police officers steal money from a wallet that was handed to them by the management of a shop, such property are usually documented and are on record.
8 ) You are in Europe, you do not need to rush to your bank to cancel your card, everyone does that by phone
9) Except there are other criminal contents in the wallet, otherwise, since the wallet contains your Id and other cards, it is the duty of the store management to contact you, not the Police.
10) There is supposed to be a documentary evidence of the shop management handing the wallet to the police, and this is supposed to have been done at the Police Station, it will be silly and irresponsible for the management to hand over such sensitive property to just any man in police uniform. Peace

Main Point!

@OP, you need to answer d bold area.
Re: Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by Vicjustice: 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2011
OP, give us update, have you sued the police officers yet
Re: Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by kennybuda: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
The `police must be italian, spanish or portugues grin grin grin in switzerland, austria and germany their police are over paid they cant try that shit
Re: Not Only In Nigeria,there Are Also Many Bad Eggs In The Western Europe Police! by frankkky: 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
wow just seeing this now,when i posted this i was really angry and dissapponted then,well i have since been issued a new id card after making a report to the police

(1) (Reply)

The Dreaded "sponsorship" Question - F1 Students Only! / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places On Earth / Top 10 Strange Airports Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.