Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

For Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Tinubu (124 Views)

2023: Oshiomhole’s Sack Dims Way For Tinubu / FFK: It Is Over For Tinubu. He Has Been Retired From Politics / President Condé Of Guinea Lobbies Buhari For Tinubu In Daura Ahead Of 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Tinubu by Hayot: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2022
These two counter- claims fail interpretative test. First, Tinubu said he brought Enron to Nigeria. In the counter-claim, the guy says he is lying. Unfortunately, the guy doesn't align his claim with his conclusion. There is nothing in the rebuttal to show that Tinubu did not bring Enron to Nigeria. His traducer deviates from the "Bring Enron to Nigeria" argument to "Bad investment judgement." At least that is his conclusion. When your arguments fail correlation test, it means it cannot stand epistemological appreciation. Analysis requires logic and facts. No facts to show that Enron was in Nigeria before Tinubu brought it to Lagos. The only thing I can see here is the assumption and pedestrian submission that it was a bad investment. Where are the professional and technical facts to prove investment failure? This is an elementary approach to technical and professional assessment.

Secondly, he also accuses Tinubu of lying about Econet. He says Econet was brought to Nigeria by Bolaji Balogun and Strive Masyiwa. This claim is wrong. Bolaji is not a communication expert. He is a banker and a businessman. As an insider, I know that the paperwork preceded the operational mobilization. Bolaji, Strive, Oba Otudeko, Wale Ẹdun, Yemi Cardoso and Tinubu had so many business sessions, some of which I was privy to, before a Memorandum was signed. Before Econet's arrival, there was a business structure specifying the major and secondary shareholders. Yes, it is true that Delta State bought some shares of Econet but those were diluted shares which came into existence when Lagos State government decided to divest or offload some of its shares having sufficiently realized substantial capital appreciation and dividends from the initial investment.
I think it is uncharitable to call Tinubu a liar on these two issues when all these transactions belong to contemporary history and not ancient history. It is sad that people can manipulate history just to promote a bunkum and strip a man of his achievements for political expediency. On this, I stand with Tinubu. Dapo Thomas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Tinubu by Housing(m): 8:26am On Jun 01, 2022
Truth is very clear and falsehood is very clear. They blamed him for the initiatives but don't want him to take credit for it. To every credit there must be a corresponding debit entry.

TINUBU IS THE INCOMING PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Be The Apc Flag Bearer / PDP Delegate Donates Proceeds To Community Members, Pays School Fees For Student / 2023: YPP Has Better Programmes Than APGA, Others, Says Umeadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.