Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor (24554 Views)

Salihu Lukman: Jonathan Is Not An APC Member, It Is Not Possible / Salihu Lukman: How Fani-Kayode’s Defection To APC Was Stalled / Salihu Lukman: Buhari Has Finally Rescued Himself From Party Godfathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by bobby007(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
If Tinubu can single handledly pick who governs Lagos state , then I see nothing wrong in Buhari picking who will succeed him

This news is even from TheNation, Tinubu owned company , I laugh grin cheesy grin

I need no one to tell me now that Tinubu is a bitter loser
cheesy
we are monitoring ur movement
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Jaboranky(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
Na Tinubu dollars dey worry this man for him coconut head. As for all those wen dey ask for where Buhari talk sey him want consensus, orya see wetin orna Comrade dey talk. The matter don already settle, no mind kperogi mumu. On Sunday, orna go hear am. If Tinubu like make him stage walkout. Nobody send am. Tinubu Olodos make orna begin create new monikers, because soon and very soon orna work go end
its the money on the primary day is what all these good for nothing politicians are waiting for,why are giving themselves sleepless night,bet me Buhari is going to do what obj did by picking his preferred candidate. All these shouts here and there is about the dollars at eagle square

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by ogub(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2022
Buhari gas no right to do this, buhari has no right to do that, but he goes ahead to whatever he wants and nobody questions him, all this one na just talk them the talk.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by shinealight(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
If Tinubu can single handledly pick who governs Lagos state , then I see nothing wrong in Buhari picking who will succeed him

This news is even from TheNation, Tinubu owned company , I laugh grin cheesy grin

I need no one to tell me now that Tinubu is a bitter loser
cheesy

Rubbish talk …..as usual. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Bizibi(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2022
If he says he wants to pick none of them will cough a word.

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

https://thenationonlineng.net/northwest-apc-chair-opposes-buhari-on-consensus/

You want to cash out and japa. The devil is a liar.
Osinbajo is the next President of Nigeria.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by SledgeHammerer: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2022
fergie001:

Which APC or PDP Chair has finished his tenure asides Oyegun. These same Governors hold everyone by the balls but they can't have it their way all the time. Even the calm Oyegun was hounded, Adamu's problem might be his person but again who was your Choice of Chairman?

Let them support their President, Yar'Adua wasn't the most sophisticated but he was supported. Let them support their President and don't try to blackmail him. There is nobody Buhari will "anoint" today that won't win the Primary with the support of all of them and they know it.

NIGERIANS ARE THE ULTIMATE DECIDERS.

Did the Governors seek his services before picking theirs?

Even the very intelligent ones needed the "unintelligent" Buhari for remote control when they ran into trouble. They also can guide and make him see their direction, afterall he helps them when it's needed.

Sani Musa was my best bet for the job. The crack in this Abdulahi Adamu led NWC is just too early. The signs are not good.

The governors can not help the president in this matter because they all have their own personal interest. Didn't you read that they're already picking themselves? One from South and one from North? Lol..... I doubt if the governors can reach a consensus in this regard. 5 are contesting,others are split amongst Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi.

Even in picking ministers,the president has failed woefully. Most of his ministers are incompetent charlatans.

You can't compare the era of yaradua to now. Who was the opponent? Was there a pan Nigeria opposition party? Was the electoral process this difficult to subvert? Can you rig brazenly like it was then? These are issues that are completely different this time around.

Whatever buhari does, he must be careful not to kill an already fragile Apc. His woeful performance has put the party at a disadvantage already, adding any intra party squabbles to this is suicidal.

2 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Buckeyemedia1: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2022
Esseite:
Consensus candidacy is a bad precedent... it is at the detriment of you and myself... it does not augur well for the future of our democracy..

Vote right, vote Labour, vote peter Obi...
I believe Peter Obi was Labor Party’s consensus candidate?

Oblivious Hypocrites.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
I believe Peter Obi was Labor Party’s consensus candidate?

Oblivious Hypocrites.

There were actually 4 contenders. Contenders/candidates stepping down is totally different presidential imposition.. the later is a bad precedent..

Vote right, Vote labour, vote peter obi...

5 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Buckeyemedia1: 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Sani Musa was my best bet for the job. The crack in this Abdulahi Adamu led NWC is just too early. The signs are not good.

The governors can not help the president in this matter because they all have their own personal interest. Didn't you read that they're already picking themselves? One from South and one from North? Lol..... I doubt if the governors can reach a consensus in this regard. 5 are contesting,others are split amongst Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi.

Even in picking ministers,the president has failed woefully. Most of his ministers are incompetent charlatans.

You can't compare the era of yaradua to now. Who was the opponent? Was there a pan Nigeria opposition party? Was the electoral process this difficult to subvert? Can you rig brazenly like it was then? These are issues that are completely different this time around.

Whatever buhari does, he must be careful not to kill an already fragile Apc. His woeful performance has put the party at a disadvantage already, adding any intra party squabbles to this is suicidal.
Stay with your pdp, Buhari & his cabal in Aso Rock Kingibe, Garba, Boss Mustapha, Osinbajo & Co, wil choose the President’s successor.

Not you or any hungry delegates.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Razy75g: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:
His opinion actually
I laugh at you in pidgin English. Atiku is coming.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by KillerCrocodile: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
Buhari want to play Tinubu Ojoro...

And many are worried.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Razy75g: 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
Bragalane:
Igbo comedians giving opinion on APC they love to hate. If to say Buhari truly get sense he should make his judgement based on your comment knowing well that you miscreant n hate filled wretched souls from Igboland can never ever wish him well.

abeg guy take am easy. No be ibo make you people stuupid. Really is dawning on you

2 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Buckeyemedia1: 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
Esseite:

There were actually 4 contenders. Contenders/candidates stepping down is totally different presidential imposition.. the later is a bad precedent..

Vote right, Vote labour, vote peter obi...
Please listen to yourself, there were 4 candidates vying for the seat, but the person that has been in the party for not up to 1 week was chosen as the party’s aspirant?

What can be more of a consensus candidate than this? Ok how many votes did Peter Obi get in the selection, as in compared to his closest rival?
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by IamANigerianMan: 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

https://thenationonlineng.net/northwest-apc-chair-opposes-buhari-on-consensus/
This one wants primary election so that he can be bribed with dollar, we have settled down with Osibanjo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by SledgeHammerer: 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Stay with your pdp, Buhari & his cabal in Aso Rock Kingibe, Garba, Boss Mustapha, Osinbajo & Co, wil choose the President’s successor.

Not you or any hungry delegates.

Who's this brainless pig.? I'm intolerant to fools. Please stay off my mention for your own good. I was having an intelligent interaction with a sensible person, please stay away from our conversation. It's not for fools please.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Razy75g: 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
bobby007:
we are monitoring ur movement
monitoring spirit weldone. Nonsense
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by fykes(m): 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

It's not just enough to pick a successor. Can your choice of successor win the presidential election? I don't have any issue with Buhari picking anybody but he should not cow anybody to step down.

Buhari is not politically intelligent enough to pick a candidate that can win this election for the APC. His sense of judgement is not something you can bank on.

Look at his choice of chairman, Abdulahi Adamu is already causing cracks in the NWC just 2months in office. I won't be surprised if he picks Ogbonaya Onu who can't win his village.
Who told u there will be an election...all buhari needs is to change the INEC chairman that will do his bidding during elections and a compliment CJN and y'all can go to his courts and wail
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by SledgeHammerer: 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
fykes:

Who told u there will be an election...all buhari needs is to change the INEC chairman that will do his bidding during elections and a compliment CJN and y'all can go to his courts and wail

Does it look like we're in banana republic? Mtcheeew.......go and sleep please.

2 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Buckeyemedia1: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Who's this brainless pig.? I'm intolerant to fools. Please stay off my mention for your own good. I was having an intelligent interaction with a sensible person, please stay away from our conversation. It's not for fools please.
You sledgehammerer interacting with a sensible person?

Please go & check if you neighbors goat is still tied @ your backyard?
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Charly68: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
Are the Governors not picking their successors and who stop them ? Answer us and get your mouth shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by IfnobeGod20: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2022
I can conveniently tell you that this man is talking thrash. When he was nominated as one of NWC without election at the convention, he never complained that it was undemocratic.
Buhari must have touched his wound. His candidate may be affected.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by SledgeHammerer: 1:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
You sledgehammerer interacting with a sensible person?

Please go & check if you neighbors goat is still tied & your backyard?

Like I said before, I don't converse with fools please bounce.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Please listen to yourself, there were 4 candidates vying for the seat, but the person that has been in the party for not up to 1 week was chosen as the party’s aspirant?

What can be more of a consensus candidate than this? Ok how many votes did Peter Obi get in the selection, as in compared to his closest rival?

There was a verifiabla contest, some stepped down, some went the whole yard.. We have counted years in various organizations, despite that new bosses are sometimes recruited and promoted ahead. Competence and acceptability is key. He redefined Labour party.

Vote right, vote labour, vote Peter obi...

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by fykes(m): 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Does it look like we're in banana republic? Mtcheeew.......go and sleep please.

Oh please wake up...you have been in a banana republic since you were born.
Buhari and APC just made it a banana plantation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by NaijaCars4sale: 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
It's going to be interesting to see how APC will navigate through this turbulent times

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by ruggedtimi(m): 1:15pm On Jun 01, 2022
Him dey craze....but governor's get right to pick their our candidate
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Fidelarinze9(m): 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2022
Esseite:
Consensus candidacy is a bad precedent... it is at the detriment of you and myself... it does not augur well for the future of our democracy..

Vote right, vote Labour, vote peter Obi...
Peter Obi Is a consensus candidate.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by fergie001: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
SledgeHammerer:
Musa showed his hands and picked his side. No President will pick him unless they are on the same side. In the game of loyalty, you have to be with me 100%, even 90% is not enough.

The Governors can not help the president in this matter because they all have their own personal interest. Didn't you read that they're already picking themselves? One from South and one from North? Lol..... I doubt if the governors can reach a consensus in this regard. 5 are contesting,others are split amongst Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi.
I don't see why these things should surprise people. This is elections and there must be interests, personal or collective. You don't expect to railroad with everybody nodding like agama, you must lobby, fight, coerce to see that you get ahead. The Governors are in their rights to push it but Salihu Lukman who El-Rufai nominated will keep shut when Nasir picked Sani but want to delineate rights to Buhari.

Personally, I don't think he should pick a Governor, they are ruthless in their own dealings so they have no morality to approach the President. This is normal with Buhari, send a kite, allow everyone start scrambling, then travel, return, call a meeting, make a pick, then appeal to them. Buhari has long picked his Choice and is only trying to scatter everywhere before coming in as if he is trying to calm the situation. Buni/Bello, Musa/Adamu, Giadom/Oshiomhole.... the tactics has remained same.

The competency of Ministers are mostly dependent on their Principal. We saw performing Governors go to Buhari's cabinet, speaking grammar and gesticulating.

Which State are you from?
I want to check something! I want to know how your Governor picked the Party's Candidate. Let them advise the President and that's where it ends.

Whatever Buhari does, he must be careful not to kill an already fragile Apc. His woeful performance has put the party at a disadvantage already, adding any intra party squabbles to this is suicidal.
What is the intra-party squabbles?
Blackmail can't work.....It didn't work in Lagos, Ekiti, Imo.

Relax.

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by SledgeHammerer: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
fykes:

Oh please wake up...you have been in a banana republic since you were born.
Buhari and APC just made it a banana plantation

I obviously don't live in same planet with you. Bye........
Please don't mention me again. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
Fidelarinze9:

Peter Obi Is a consensus candidate.

Peter Obi is not an imposed consensus candidate, contenders and candidates voluntarily stepped down for him. There is a difference...

Vote right, vote Labour, vote Peter obi..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Campaigns: Buhari Issues Subtle Warning To Political Aspirants / Prof. Chris Imomulen 40th Birthday Photos / ICPC Seizes 24 Property From Three Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.