Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Johnny Depp Wins His Defamation Case Against Amber Heard - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Johnny Depp Wins His Defamation Case Against Amber Heard (254 Views)

Johnny Depp Wins Defamation Case Against Amber Heard / Johnny Depp Defeats Amber Heard In Defamation Case (Video) / Excitement As Banky W Wins His Polling Unit (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johnny Depp Wins His Defamation Case Against Amber Heard by obonujoker(m): 8:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
After six weeks of evidence in Johnny Depp's high-profile libel trial against his ex-wife Amber Heard, jurors in Fairfax, Virginia, have come back with a verdict in the multimillion-dollar case.

He was awarded $15m by the court - comprising $10m compensatory damages and a further $5m in punitive damages.

Depp said he was "truly humbled" by the jury's verdict, saying the allegations had had a "seismic impact" on his life and career.

"From the very beginning, the goal of bringing this case was to reveal the truth, regardless of the outcome", he said.

"Speaking the truth was something that I owed to my children and to all those who have remained steadfast in their support of me.

"I feel at peace knowing I have finally accomplished that."

Heard said she was "heartbroken" at the verdict and said it "sets back the clock to a time when a woman who spoke up and spoke out could be publicly shamed and humiliated".

She added: "I'm sad I lost this case. But I am sadder still that I seem to have lost a right I thought I had as an American - to speak freely and openly."

https://news.sky.com/story/johnny-depp-wins-us-libel-lawsuit-against-former-wife-amber-heard-12609397

Re: Johnny Depp Wins His Defamation Case Against Amber Heard by obonujoker(m): 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
angry grin cheesy

Lalasticlala
Obembet
Mynd44
Oam

Re: Johnny Depp Wins His Defamation Case Against Amber Heard by Raalsalghul: 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2022
obonujoker:
angry grin cheesy

Lalasticlala
Obembet
Mynd44
Oam

Give it up, I created the threat at 8:54pm

1 Like

Re: Johnny Depp Wins His Defamation Case Against Amber Heard by iCauseTrouble: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
Our major problem in this country is that we have being voting for umbrella and broom for the past 22 years and have nobody to hold responsible
In 2023, we will vote for human being that we will hold him responsible.
That human being is Peter Obi!!!

1 Like

Re: Johnny Depp Wins His Defamation Case Against Amber Heard by gift2xl: 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
Where is NCDC with there covid-19 update. Now is turn for election COVID-19 is gone. Funny count 3ry.
Re: Johnny Depp Wins His Defamation Case Against Amber Heard by bmdmix15: 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
lol

(1) (Reply)

98% Of Married Men In Nigeria Have Girlfriends – Bbn’s Boma Says / Thrilling! Burna Boy's Sisters Mimic His Dance At MSG! / Video:mind-blowing Secret Spills As Caroline Danjuma And Toyin Lawani Clashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.