Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities (1003 Views)

Iran Vows Revenge After Israeli Air Strike Kills Top General In Syria / Iran’s Nuclear Site Hit By Earthquake Of 4.9 Magnitude / US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Fuckyoumod: 5:33am On Jun 02, 2022
Military says dozens of fighter jets conduct 'long-range flight, aerial refueling and striking distant targets' maneuvers over Mediterranean.

By EMANUEL FABIAN
1 June 2022, 10:41 am
Israeli Air Force simulates widescale strike on Iran nuclear facilities.
Dozens of Israeli Air Force fighter jets conducted air maneuvers over the Mediterranean Sea on Tuesday night, simulating striking Iranian nuclear facilities.

According to a statement by the Israel Defense Forces on Wednesday, the drill included “long-range flight, aerial refueling and striking distant targets.”

According to Channel 13 news, more than 100 aircraft — as well as navy submarines — participated in the drill that spanned some 10,000 kilometers.

The jets were refueled twice during the simulation, as they circled Cyprus and conducted mock airstrikes in Israel, the report said. Meanwhile, the elite helicopter search-and-rescue Unit 669 was on standby to assist pilots who may have needed to abandon their planes.

Earlier this month, The Times of Israel learned that the drill — as part of the military’s major Chariots of Fire exercise — would simulate a wide scale strike in Iran, including against its nuclear facilities.

Chariots of Fire, which involves nearly all branches of the IDF, has been focusing on training for fighting on Israel’s northern borders, including against the Iran-backed Hezbollah terror group in Lebanon.

In light of growing uncertainty regarding a return by Iran to the 2015 nuclear deal amid long-stalled negotiations with world powers, the past year has seen the Israel Defense Forces ramp up its efforts to prepare a credible military threat against Tehran’s nuclear facilities.

At the beginning of last year, IDF Chief of Staff Aviv Kohavi announced that he had instructed the military to begin drawing up fresh attack plans against Iran. By September, Kohavi said the army had “greatly accelerated” preparations for action against Tehran’s nuclear program.

Still, defense officials estimate that while some aspects of the IAF’s strike plans, which are still in their early stages, could be ready within a short period of time, others would take more than a year to become fully actionable.

File: Iran’s nuclear enrichment facility in Natanz, Iran (AP Photo/Hasan Sarbakhshian)
In addition to having to find ways to strike Iranian facilities that are buried deep underground, requiring specialized munitions and tactics, the IAF will have to deal with increasingly sophisticated Iranian air defenses in order to conduct such a strike. The air force will also have to prepare for an expected retaliation against Israel by Iran and its allies throughout the region.

The drill has also focused on preparing for and responding to such retaliation.

According to Channel 13 news, the US Air Force was supposed to serve as a complementary force with refueling planes during the drill. The IDF did not confirm the report, and the US Central Command denied it, saying “there is no direct US military involvement in that exercise.” A Pentagon spokesperson also denied the Department of Defense was “directly participating” in the drills, according to The War Zone online magazine.

On Tuesday, Defense Minister Benny Gantz visited another part of the Chariots of Fire drill taking place in Cyprus, which aims to simulate fighting against Hezbollah in Lebanon.

Israeli Air Force simulates widescale strike on Iran nuclear facilities
Troops during a major exercise in Cyprus, May 31, 2022. (Israel Defense Forces)
“The IDF is constantly preparing for operations and various campaigns, in various theaters, and will inflict a severe blow on anyone who seeks to threaten the citizens of the State of Israel,” Gantz said.

Among other things, the drills in Cyprus were simulating evacuating wounded troops by helicopter and dropping logistics equipment with heavy transport squadrons, according to the IDF.

The IDF said the exercises would be carried out in various terrains, including urban and rural areas in mountainous terrain that resemble Lebanon.

The Chariots of Fire drill — scheduled to last through June 3 — is the military’s largest exercise in decades.

Military officials said it is aimed at raising the competence and readiness of troops and top brass for war on multiple fronts, as well as coordination with other emergency organizations, local authorities, and government ministries.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-air-force-simulates-widescale-strike-on-iran-nuclear-facilities/amp/
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by helinues: 5:34am On Jun 02, 2022
Both country are religious country yet they have been going into senseless fight andnwar for quite some time

Religion na scam aswear
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Finneseguy1(m): 5:36am On Jun 02, 2022
Me waiting for righteousness to start preaching end time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by tony0806: 5:54am On Jun 02, 2022
Noted
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by FeyiPhillips: 5:55am On Jun 02, 2022
Finneseguy1:
Me waiting for righteousness to start preaching end time

Get a chance to work and earn 75,000 Naira by just working from home every month

Earn 75,000 Naira writing articles working from home

This project is flexible for full time workers. Just 3-4 hours of work activity per day is all you need to do this, so it's suitable for 9-5ers

Hurry up and apply today

Send in your application. My WhatsApp contact - Zero Seven Zero Five Four Zero One Fourteen Fifty-Four

Good Luck
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Yankee101: 6:02am On Jun 02, 2022
Iran has enough enriched uranium to make a bomb according to the IEA

If you want to stop them it’s probably now

But I don’t see Iran using nuclear weapons because it will be their end

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by UrPapa: 6:07am On Jun 02, 2022
Yankee101:

Sorry oo international war analyst
Hope say u don chop b4 u begin Dey analyze

2 Likes

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by TemTweaks: 6:19am On Jun 02, 2022
Yankee101:

When Donald Trump was insistent on this, Barrack Obama was always defending them because he was their minister of information. See the disaster that has caused

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Balogunodua(m): 8:31am On Jun 02, 2022
It will end in tears grin

They can only stimulate...they can't do jack grin

3 Likes

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Balogunodua(m): 8:33am On Jun 02, 2022
Yankee101:

Israel cant do shit to Iran...if dem born Israel well make dem bomb Iran tongue

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by compton11(m): 9:20am On Jun 02, 2022
helinues:
Both country are religious country yet they have been going into senseless fight andnwar for quite some time

Religion na scam aswear
who told u isreali are religious?

Well maybe few

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by seunny4lif(m): 10:35am On Jun 02, 2022
Well, Israeli have nukes then Iran will soon get one if anyone attack Iran.
If Iran get hold of nukes, if Russia or North Korea haven’t supplied them already then no war between Iran and Israel just like India and Pakistan have not fight war between them again since both now have nukes.

Iran already have everything from home-made built on Russia and USSR technology.
They have some of the best armed drones in the world and long range missiles.

3 Likes

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Akuruoulo(m): 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
Balogunodua:

Israel cant do shit to Iran...if dem born Israel well make dem bomb Iran tongue
I can remember how only Israel dealt with plenty terrorist arabic nations.
This one won't be an issue

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Balogunodua(m): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
Akuruoulo:
I can remember how only Israel dealt with plenty terrorist arabic nations. This one won't be an issue
Iran is not an Arabic country... Israel can't do shit...
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Alamkir: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
Balogunodua:
It will end in tears grin

They can only stimulate...they can't do jack grin

In another word..... They are actually telling Iran to be prepared for a strike. If you want to strike do it by surprise not all this propaganda
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Balogunodua(m): 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2022
Alamkir:

In another word..... They are actually telling Iran to be prepared for a strike. If you want to strike do it by surprise not all this propaganda
Israel won't strike Iran...they can't and they won't ....it just too risky and dangerous for them.

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by oshonwambada: 11:40am On Jun 03, 2022
Akuruoulo:

Correct
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Akuruoulo(m): 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
Balogunodua:

Iran is not an Arabic country... Israel can't do shit...
That's what fellows like u were saying before Israel decided to deal with them .
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by seunny4lif(m): 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
Akuruoulo:

When did Iran turned Arabs grin
Iranians are Persians.
Reason, they are one of the best scientists in the world

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Akuruoulo(m): 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
seunny4lif:

When did Iran turned Arabs grin
Iranians are Persians.
Reason, they are one of the best scientists in the world
But did I call iran an arabic nation?
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Balogunodua(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2022
Akuruoulo:

That's what fellows like u were saying before Israel decided to deal with them .
Let Israel try it first...if they are that brave.
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by RichProminent(m): 7:19pm On Jun 03, 2022
Balogunodua:

Let Israel try it first...if they are that brave.
I understand your sarcasm
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Balogunodua(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2022
RichProminent:
I understand your sarcasm
There is no sarcasm in my word...it just straight the way it is.

1 Like

Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by Bentizil: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
Akuruoulo:
But did I call iran an arabic nation?
Accept your ignorance.. You thought iran is arab and part of the countries Israel fought.. Know before you comment and stop trying to sound woke when you aren't...
Re: Israeli Air Force Simulates Widescale Strike On Iran Nuclear Facilities by RichProminent(m): 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
As a pro-Israeli, I support that!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!! ASUU Sues Court To Court. / Now, We Cannot Accept Ukraine Into NATO - Stoltenberg, Secretary General Of NATO / Netanyahu's Plane ''in The Air'' According To Sky News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.