Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate (30689 Views)

Jonathan’s Backers Seek Adoption, Southern APC Aspirants Disagree / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? / 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
alsudan:
The Northern Governors opinions count for nothing.

Just as they all chose their successors, Buhari will choose his, whether north or south and we’re all sure it won’t be Thiefnibu.
Wetin Tinubu do u
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by donkach: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2022
OkoroBufo:
Powerful Northern Governors are busy fighting the cause of Tinubu Presidency. It's a proof that Tinubu has earned his dues over the years of making men across the country and that's what separates the men of SW from the boys of red cap region where their leaders are busy licking Lawan's fart.
City Boy all the way!

-Okoro bufo

Tinubu is a Muslim.
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by elGenius: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2022
Eluni:
Please I need a professional Logo designer
hello, I know a very good professional logo designer, I could link you to
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Nchenches: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
Islie:

Some of the governors are dismissing the view that only a northern candidate can match the PDP candidate, Atiku Abubakar, at the poll. They believe the former VP can be beaten by a candidate from the South.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/534355-nine-northern-governors-pushing-for-southern-apc-presidential-candidate.html

Lalasticlala

Speculations.

You all know that because of the skewed political structure of Nigeria created by Arewa soldiers, northern politicians hold southern politicians at the jugular whenever it is time to elect president of Nigeria. But una keep quiet.

In talks by Igbos for restructuring of Nigeria politically, a Yoruba would say Niger state alone is larger in land mass than the southeast zone, so why would Igbos call for more states in the south east zone? Lack of understanding of how political process of Nigeria works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by caracas: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

You will understand that the Yorubas are not political minority like the Ibos.

That APC ticket is coming to the South. I can bet everything betable.

Whether it’s now given to Asiwaju, Osinbajo, or Amaechi is another thing. But it will be brought to the South.

Shame on Orji Kalu the coward who chickened out of the contest like Obi Pandora did in PDP.

God bless Umahi.
So what has yoruba got to do with it , if it comes to the south?especially if it comes to Amaechi?
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by walefresh3(m): 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

Whether it’s now given to Asiwaju, Osinbajo, or Amaechi is another thing. But it will be brought to the South.

Shame on Orji Kalu the coward who chickened out of the contest like Obi Pandora did in PDP.

God bless Umahi.

I love umahi and rochas okorocha....
Dis are men......orji uzor will be disgrace...

It is not compulsory that the apc ticket should come to Southwest ... But any southern candidate should have it..... that's all....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
tesppidd:
You people are too myopic to not see the truth in what Orji Kalu said.

The South claims power rotation for fairness and equity but still can't allow the South East to take it.
South South and South West are still fighting for it.

For goodness sake if the South cannot be fair and give it to the SE then there is nothing like fairness and equity.

Anyone who can't see the truth in Kalu's position is a shameless hypocrite.

Why are you Igbos so shameless like this? You keep focusing on APC but what about the travesty of justice and ambush that just happened in the PDP against Southern candidates aided by Igbo delegate votes for Atiku?

Don't let me curse you people abeg. You are all totally shameless. Kilode?

After what dollar-greedy and unprincipled Igbo delegates did against even Anyim you still have the nerve to be trying to guilt trip APC and other Southerners quoting the traitor and unprincipled hack called Kalu who is now totally finished in Nigerian politics?

You people need your own Country asap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Amalekki: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
MartinsD12:

If you follow or understand politics you will know that Jonathan or any southern candidate getting apc ticket will be difficult especially now that Atiku is on board, apc thought wike will get it , using Jonathan could have been possible but right now even apc are scared of giving a southern ticket including tinubu, anyway they do it atiku will beat them
I follow and understand real life politics and found it interesting reading your assertive post on Jonathan as APC's candidate before PDP's primaries. Glad you eventually saw the light after the primaries that nothing is set in stone in politics. On Atiku, if you are truly on ground you would know that the real shock would have been Atiku losing PDP ticket grin
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
walefresh3:

I love umahi and rochas okorocha....
Dis are men......orji uzor will be disgrace...

It is not compulsory that the apc ticket should come to Southwest ... But any southern candidate should have it..... that's all....

That cannot happen. The APC ticket cannot just go to any Southerner. Should they give it to Ogbonnaya Onu or Umahi so PDP can start jubilating the minute any of those two are announced the APC candidate?

If the APC is serious, and knowing that PDP is desperate, the ticket must go to a southerner who can defeat Atiku and the PDP.

I think we all know who that is so no need for politically correct talk just to plays to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Philipponzaghi: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2022
caracas:

So what has yoruba got to do with it , if it comes to the south?especially if it comes to Amaechi?

Because without the Yoruba voice in APC, the Southerners in APC have no voice.

That is why I inserted the Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Newton2024: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2022
tesppidd:

The South claims power rotation for fairness and equity but still can't allow the South East to take it.

For goodness sake if the South cannot be fair and give it to the SE then there is nothing like fairness and equity.

Can you listen to yourself boy? If they are selling shame in the market, you need to rush to go and buy a little even if it is going to be on credit.

If Wike, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Peter Obi, Amaechi are contesting, what stops him from doing the same thing?

Why is he campaigning for a northerner instead of a fellow Igbo?
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
caracas:

Let me tell you dreamers, who only discuss politics in election year, something important.

Only Tinubu or Osinbajo, fully backed by Tinubu, can defeat Atiku and PDP.

You people should grow the fck up. If Amaechi gets the ticket it will only mean one thing.

Buhari and his crew are fully committed to the North remaining in power through Atiku and the PDP defeating the joke challenge of Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by caracas: 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
Dsalvo:

Let me tell you dreamers, who only discuss politics in election year, something important.

Only Tinubu or Osinbajo, fully backed by Tinubu, can defeat Atiku and PDP.

You people should grow the fck up. If Amaechi gets the ticket it will only mean one thing.

Buhari and his crew are fully committed to the North remaining in power through Atiku and the PDP defeating the joke challenge of Amaechi.
Keep quiet you ppl only practice agbero politics
Little wonder you think Nigeria is Lagos or osun,
Atiku vs tinubu is a total walk over for Atiku…..
Tinubu that will even struggle in the sw….
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by tesppidd: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2022
Dsalvo:

Why are you Igbos so shameless like this? You keep focusing on APC but what about the travesty of justice and ambush that just happened in the PDP against Southern candidates aided by Igbo delegate votes for Atiku?

Don't let me curse you people abeg. You are all totally shameless. Kilode?

After what dollar-greedy and unprincipled Igbo delegates did against even Anyim you still have the nerve to be trying to guilt trip APC and other Southerners quoting the traitor and unprincipled hack called Kalu who is now totally finished in Nigerian politics?

You people need your own Country asap.
grin grin

See this mad man!

You think that everyone who criticizes APC is automatically a fan of PDP's.

Go through my posts and see how i blast both APC and PDP, none is spared.

The Southerners in APC are hypocrites for demanding power in the name of equity yet denying the South Easterners within them.

And then the PDP are more useless for not ceeding power to the South East despite years of harvesting from them.

So stop being silly...
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by tesppidd: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
Newton2024:
Can you listen to yourself boy? If they are selling shame in the market, you need to rush to go and buy a little even if it is going to be on credit.

If Wike, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Peter Obi, Amaechi are contesting, what stops him from doing the same thing?

Why is he campaigning for a northerner instead of a fellow Igbo?
He's already smart to know that Ibos won't get it except it is zoned to them.

They are already numerically disadvantaged having only 5 states.

So he knows there is no level playing ground if thrown open.

Not that you don't know this as well but keep playing the ostrich as old as you are.
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by stacyadams: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
All this suspense would soon be story.

All we know is Ashiwaju Jagaban is getting APC ticket.

Shikena

U wan place Bet
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Forgodsgrace: 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
tesppidd:

In as much as I don’t want to be tribalistic but my conscience will judge me.
You guys have been condemning anything relating to APC from inception,calling them al sorts of names including Islamic party,Boko Haram party to the extent of raining insults on anyone that associate himself with the party of which one of the reason your people hate Joe Igbokwe till date.
You have been worshiping PDP since 1999 and you people should go there and get your ticket .
So you expect the APC party to handle over the party structure to younpeople that joined overnight and how can you be working for Mtn and expect salary from Globacom?You must be joking .

1 Like

Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by adedehinbo(m): 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2022
moneyissweet:
Just imagine

Nobody is talking about jagaban again

This life really balance
what you igbos don't know is that,either tinubu or osinbanjo the presidential ticket will sure come into southwest, Northern cabals in APC are looking for a weakling which they can toss around like jonathan but they failed to realize that osinbanjo wouldn't be a push over president,and if tinubu eventually gets the ticket,they know it's very difficult for them to make him a puppet but for you igbos,you can never produce the president of this country
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by WideMouth333(m): 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
when you are ready do contact emekachainz media house to help blast out your presidential ambition to millions online....
just as the way emekachainz is helping peter obi Labour party gain more popularity every where online....
emakachainz media house can do that for you with peace of mind.
ASAP!
tinubu and atiku forgot to settle emekachainz and that's why they are loosing heavily.
just go and ask wizkid how he became famous today
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by MartinsD12(m): 9:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
Amalekki:

I follow and understand real life politics and found it interesting reading your assertive post on Jonathan as APC's candidate before PDP's primaries. Glad you eventually saw the light after the primaries that nothing is set in stone in politics. On Atiku, if you are truly on ground you would know that the real shock would have been Atiku losing PDP ticket grin
Which light, politics is dynamic, on Jonathan I have said it all , it's not even matter of Jonathan alone it's matter of all southerners thinking they will get apc ticket, atiku is here now the big masquerade is changing the music and the dance , apc will also want to dance to north too
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by tesppidd: 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2022
Forgodsgrace:

You guys have been condemning anything relating to APC from inception,calling them al sorts of names including Islamic party,Boko Haram party to the extent of raining insults on anyone that associate himself with the party of which one of the reason your people hate Joe Igbokwe till date.
You have been worshiping PDP since 1999 and you people should go there and get your ticket .
So you expect the APC party to handle over the party structure to younpeople that joined overnight and how can you be working for Mtn and expect salary from Globacom?You must be joking .
lol

I am not PDP ..
And i don't think there is anything in life i hate more than PDP.

But OUK said the truth, even though i see your points.
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by doublecross(m): 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
It is only Obi that we know!
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Light78: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
mannobi:
Apc must be careful not to play the hateful game. Only tinubu has the same popularity and craze as atiku

Because you are only in Lagos. He is not popular outside Lagos and Ogun state. Not many people know him in the south East, south, northeast, and north-central.

Na only for Lagos and Ogun.
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Echoban: 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
Thanos5555:
all this ones are sca., let Atiku give south East as Vice president and lets us in Sout south Shock Southwest smalll.

when southwest left us in 2015 to vote vos of thier VP SLOT, we are now ready to deal with them tooo
last last everbody must have sense

Ure alone on this bro. Instead of say make I vote another Northerner make ATM swallow my PVC.
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by McLizbae: 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2022
tesppidd:
Many Northern APC governors are supporting a Southern candidate, at least i am 100 percent sure about El Rufai and Zulum.

But many of the Southern governors in PDP supported Atiku.

And PDP is supposed to be the Southern /Christian party while APC is supposed to be the Islamic / Jihadist party!

I just don't get this irony.

I don't get it too baba cool

1 Like

Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Randomgist(m): 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2022
They are out to support Atiku secretly, the game
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by IbadeHQ: 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2022
tesppidd:

I laughed at many of you easterners; you serve PDP for 22 years yet they never consider you fit enough to be president, the APC you hated so much, same party you labeled a jihadisty party and you want their ticket. How shallow can you be. It will be stupid for APC to hand you their presidential ticket without any contribution to the party. Please channel your energy to PDP your slave master.
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by mcdokwe(m): 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Don't be fooled, it is possibly because they hope to benefit from the arrangement as possible vice to the eventual southern candidate.
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by mcdokwe(m): 11:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
Forgodsgrace:

You must base your assumptions on the nuisance you people constitute online.

I am a registered member of APC, true that i joined recently owing to my political sojourn, but i met many people on ground in APC, many of whom had been very active playing opposition politics in my state, Abia, even at the risk of their lives and personal comfort.

Whereas I'm not one of those who clamour for A president based on his region, for of what use will it be to me that a collosal failure like Ikpeazu becomes the President simply because he is from my state when it does not serve the generality of Nigerians good?

But you and your likes need to change your poor view of the South Easterners.

Choose who becomes your president, choose the very worst of them all if you like, after all, you and I will bear the brunt of the consequences of your choice, and maybe you more than I. Thank you.
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by Osibajo2023: 11:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
successmatters:
grin grin

Political 2 + 2.

Push a southerner into APC and all of them swerves back, mobilises and votes their brother in PDP grin
u no get sense, what of senators that will come out for APC, will it be easy to campaign against his party knowing fully well that they do d voting at the same, u talk as if no southerners has ever deafeted northerners before
Re: Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate by 43Ronin: 12:11am On Jun 03, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

God bless Umahi.

Double standard kee you dear angry so orji is a "coward" who "chickened" out because he wants to be VP for Lawan, but thiéfnubu who did same in 2015 is a political strategist? My prayer is for APC to give thiéfnubu let's see how he will win election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. / We Have A Bigger Fish To Fry — Ndi Kato, Peter Obi's Spokesperson Replies Soludo / Some Men Insist On Making Videos Of A Soldier at a check point (Video/Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.