Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

5 Ways To Overcome Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Ways To Overcome Depression (313 Views)

Twitter Helps Suicidal Lady Overcome Depression. See How / How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? / 6 Friends Help Their Friend Overcome Depression (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Overcome Depression by Azeemokoya: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
Depression is a mental state of mind that takes away one’s happiness. It screws one up emotionally and saps out the energy available for any productive work. In recent times, depression has been addressed to be a health issue that should be handled by doctors in the field. However, there are other ways to overcome this feeling, which is becoming rampant in the present day society. Let’s take a look at some of these ways.

Embrace contentment
Contentment does not mean that you have to limit yourself or your goals. It is the acceptance of what you have without desiring what others have. Ancient Chinese philosopher, Lao Tzu said, “Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”

Learn to appreciate what you have. It will help you to take your eyes off what you don’t have.

Don’t put yourself under pressure
The world is a track where its inhabitants jostle daily to win the race of life. People have various races that they are running on earth. Hence, do not run your race on the track of another person. If you do so, you will be depressed. Your pace is not the same as the other person.

Author, Dean Bokharl said, “There is never enough time to do everything. But there is always enough time to do the most important thing.”

Knowing what is important and what is not will help you to avoid unnecessary pressure. Focus your energy on what is important and discard what is not. That way, you will not be depressed at what you do not achieve.

Guard your heart
Proverb 4:23 says, “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” When you guard your heart, you will be restricting negative thoughts from penetrating it. Guard your heart for positivity and be joyful at all times. If you are experiencing a sad situation, it is okay to cry. However, do not dwell on the sad moments. Be in control of your emotions so that you do not become overwhelmed with thoughts that would weigh you down.

Attend social gatherings
Do not isolate yourself, socialize and get to know people. Attend events and fun places. Asides bonding with family and friends, try to meet new people. It helps to create new and fun memories for you. When you feel like the world is on your shoulder, call on that friend you know will always listen to you. Express how you feel and let go of every burden on your chest.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/5-ways-to-overcome-depression/

Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Depression by Howtoday(f): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
Nice
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Depression by TookyTooker: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2022
I hope that I will be lucky to never experience depression. My friend had depression and now she is in remission. This is a terrible state. To be as safe as possible, I started taking CBD oil, which I bought at CBD store UK. I read that CBD can actually help with depressive thoughts, anxiety, and panic. I've been feeling it a lot lately, unfortunately, so I decided to maintain my mental health.

(1) (Reply)

How Effective Is NDLEA Rehabilitation Centers For Addicts? / Endocrinologist: What Is It & What Do They Do / Help!! My Dad's Health Is Plummeting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.