Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke (709 Views)

Jim Iyke: "Prophet TB Joshua Took Advantage Of Me'' / Jim Iyke, Tboss & Tonto Dikeh At COZA Church (Photos) / “I Didn’t Convert To Islam Because Of Any Man, But It Has Changed My Dressing” – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by Kingspin(m): 12:41am On Jun 03, 2022
The movie star, in a recent video while acknowledging respect for all religions, stressed he had no plans to ever convert as he’s totally committed to his faith.
Iyke explained it became pertinent for him to speak up and clarify the matter because certain lines should never be crossed by the ‘unscrupulous’ blogger peddling the rumour.

Clarifying the matter, the film star said: “I felt it is necessary to address certain rumours that have been making the rounds lately. Usually, I don’t pay any attention to these aimless rumours because it’s not my cup of tea but certain lines shouldn’t be crossed.

“I made a movie in Ghana called “Zanku Boys”, to be out July 29. It’s a movie about religious fanatics.

“Someone took the pictures from that movie and it ended up in the hands of a rather unscrupulous blogger and he said I had converted my faith.”
Jim Iyke added: “Now while I want to unequivocally say that I respect all religion, I believe in one God but I have no intention now or ever to covert my faith. I am totally committed to my faith.

“I don’t understand why somebody will want to peddle this rumour. But there are certain lines that should not be crossed. So, get it together whoever is peddling these rumours. We are too busy for these, get it together. These are really serious issues, get it together, okay?
“So I have addressed it, I’ve laid it to rest. It never happened, it will not happen and I don’t intend for it to happen. So that is me categorically clearly stating my stance on this matter.”

The video’s caption reads: “LET ME QUIETLY ADDRESS THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM AND GO BACK TO WHAT I DO BEST. THANK YOU. SEE YOU AT WORK!”

Yesterday, a Tweep with Twitter handle @AM_Saleeem claimed the Jim Iyke had converted to Islam as he welcomed him.

Sharing a photo of the actor with a Muslim cleric, he wrote: “I heard that the popular Nollywood actor Jim Iyke has revert to Islam. Alhamdulilah! Welcome to ISLAM, religion of peace.”
In another post, he shared Iyke’s photo where he rocked jalabiya while holding a tesbih with a note that read: “We welcome you wholeheartedly.”

I didn’t convert to Islam, says Jim Iyke
June 2, 2022
https://thenationonlineng.net/i-didnt-convert-to-islam-says-jim-iyke/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#google_vignette

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by Karlovych: 12:42am On Jun 03, 2022
embarassed Amala and Ewedu propaganda at work with peddling of fake news all the time, it's no wonder they paint hoodlums like Oluomo and other urchins as saints, spits.
Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by legendarystar: 12:53am On Jun 03, 2022
Lol
My brother you dey fear peace ni?
Commote eye for church offering oo grin grin
Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by Truthisunique2: 1:03am On Jun 03, 2022
If you see the way these Muslims were celebrating ehnn grin

I wonder why stuff like that desperately look like trophy to them

Islam is like a cult desperate for membership

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by slivertongue: 1:59am On Jun 03, 2022
I knew it was the handiwork of media marauders aka bloggers
Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by Praxis758: 2:28am On Jun 03, 2022
Any Igbo man that converted to Islam does so for ignorance, marital or least, political sake. Avarice is the least factor that will entice an Igbo to become a Muslim.
Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by spearman(m): 2:49am On Jun 03, 2022
But you've caused a lot of headslamming celebrations and now anguish across the world. Pray a fatua is not on the way.
Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by shortIGBOman: 5:59am On Jun 03, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Amala and Ewedu propaganda at work with peddling of fake news all the time, it's no wonder they paint hoodlums like Oluomo and other urchins as saints, spits.

Aba made fake news grin grin

Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by PlayerMeji: 7:01am On Jun 03, 2022
Islam is always looking for cheap validation.

Would it make the headlines if Mo Sallah transitions to Christianity today.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by Truthisunique2: 7:34am On Jun 03, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Islam is always looking for cheap validation.

Would it make the headlines if Mo Sallah transitions to Christianity today.
for where

Christianity no get time Dem don pass peak
Re: I Didn’t Convert To Islam, Says Jim Iyke by festacman(m): 8:12am On Jun 03, 2022
Ok

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“funke Akindele Only Wanted Children” JJC Skillz’s Ex Publicist Spills Secrets / VIDEO: Actress Regina Daniels Causes Stir As She Whines Waist In Hot Jeans / Real Warri Pikin ENGAGED Again Today Heart Warming And Emotional DIAMOND ENGAGEM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.