Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

If Anyone Has A Just Cause To Deny This Marriage, Speak Now Or Forever - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Anyone Has A Just Cause To Deny This Marriage, Speak Now Or Forever (237 Views)

‘this Marriage Wrecked Me’ — How DNA Shows He’s Not Father Of SS ‘son' / I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / I Am Tired Of This Marriage.. I Want Out.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Anyone Has A Just Cause To Deny This Marriage, Speak Now Or Forever by fineboynl(m): 12:57am On Jun 03, 2022
Couples do panic and with raising heartbeat when the minister says this.

Minister: is there anyone here who knows why these two should not be wed, let him speak now or forever hold his peace.

there are different English version of the sentence but literally they all mean the same thing.

It was a way for anyone who had a legal reason to stop a wedding.

If an ex-lover comes up and says something like, “The bride is carrying my baby!” or “I’m pregnant with the groom’s !” Or the inlaws object it. Then those are enough reasons why there might be a pause on the ceremony by the minister but it’s not a legal reason why it can or should be stopped.

Anyone cannot just stand up like that and say the wedding shouldn't hold, without any legitimate reason.

But yet there is always signs of panic.

(1) (Reply)

Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Ask Dj To Play Only Christian Song / Midnight Fire Incident Claims Couple’s Four Children In Lagos State / A Sad Early Goodbye | A Happy, Emotional Hello/ Reunion | Our Journey Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.