Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space (1198 Views)

NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space / Aliens From Space Visited Igboland 2000 Years Ago.. / China’s Bus-size Space Station Is About 80 Hours Away From Crashing To Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
So I went outside on my balcony for a cig about 40mins ago and witnessed what looked like a usual meteorite careening in the skyline above. But this was not like your usual meteorite as it had a very bright blueish streak as it raced downwards before being vaporized by the atmosphere.

I think its a satellite because of the color of the re-entry burn that was unusually longer , brighter and had a distinct blueish streak unlike normal meteors that burn with a reddish orange glow.

Why I think its a sat de-orbiting is based from the color of the re-entry burn which must have been the onboard batteries exploding and oxidizing from the re-entry heat generated by air friction .

The craziest thing about it is that it emerged from a low angle from the eastern sector of the skies meaning it most have been a low orbiting satellite with a polar trajectory making it either a spy or comms sat.

You may not think of this as much and be wondering how relevant is this but knowing the situation in Ukraine, could it be either the Russian or US Space force are now targeting each others spy and comms sat?

The Russians have the most advanced ground to space missile system in the form of the S-500 sat killing missile and could this sat be one of several starlink satellites that are providing secure communication and drone remote operations to the Ukraine side?

The level of warfare advancement today has shown that every theatre is a potential battlefield and any war between NATO and Russia will not be limited to ground, air and sea but also space!

So maybe I just witnessed a tactical missile strike by either the Russians or the Americans

No where is safe if an all out war breaks out between Russia and NATO.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by MITCHELL96: 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
Yeah, I saw it too oo, but I wasn't quick enough to video it with my phone

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Yeah, I saw it too oo, but I wasn't quick enough to video it with my phone

Very bright and blueish with a long tail burn?
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
Baby dreamers..fsboperator don't you get tired? cheesy
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by MITCHELL96: 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
EmperorHadrain:

Very bright and blueish with a long tail burn?

Yeah, Exactly!

I saw it from Here, I'm currently in Akwaibom state

Where did you see yours from ?
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by Nackzy: 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
Were you in space sir
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Baby dreamers..fsboperator don't you get tired? cheesy

FCK off
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Yeah, Exactly!

I saw it from Here, I'm currently in Akwaibom state

Where did you see yours from ?

Cally
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by Sunofgod(m): 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
Puff puff pass....
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by MITCHELL96: 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
EmperorHadrain:

Cally

Okay, Calabar

1 Like

Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmeraldJD: 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
Sure it was normal cigar you were puffing?

1 Like

Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by BloomingDale(f): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by SarkinYarki: 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
Sattelites contain a lot of iron and steal parts part so will burn yellow on re-entry ..Meteors made of other metals like copper usually burn blue or green glow on entry
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
It looked something like this but the tail was bright blue.

Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by MITCHELL96: 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
EmperorHadrain:
It looked something like this but the tail was bright blue.

Yeah, like this.... You captured this with your phone or you saved it from the internet ?
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Sattelites contain a lot of iron and steal parts part so will burn yellow on re-entry ..Meteors made of other metals like copper usually burn blue or green glow on entry

Have you seen a lithium phone battery burn?

Those starlink SATs have the same Tesla batteries onboard for comms.
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Yeah, like this.... You captured this with your phone or you saved it from the internet ?

No .

I just browsed the internet for sat crash and this was the closes image that looked like what I observed.
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by Zonefree(m): 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2022
I will suggest you change your dealer, bruh
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
EmperorHadrain:

FCK off
Don't cry fsb.. grin
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Don't cry fsb.. grin

Hope you have your mask on as you type.
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by SarkinYarki: 9:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
EmperorHadrain:

Have you seen a lithium phone battery burn?

Those starlink SATs have the same Tesla batteries onboard for comms.

Just checked all Star links are all firmly locked in orbit
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
EmperorHadrain:

Hope you have your mask on as you type.
I have your location.. grin grin
Keep clowning and embarrassing yourself around the block... grin
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
The thing is , the US and Russia may at this moment have their Space Forces fighting over our heads and we are oblivious to it.

Ignorance is really bliss.
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I have your location.. grin grin
Keep clowning and embarrassing yourself around the block... grin

Feel free and bring backup
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Just checked all Star links are all firmly locked in orbit

How about the ones owned and operated by the Pentagon?

You dont expect military SATs to be providing their real time location on the web ?

Starlink is a major contractor to the US pentagon and space force.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by inoki247: 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
The poster say na Cally be him Location abg shey night don come for ur own Cally...
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
inoki247:
The poster say na Cally be him Location abg shey night don come for ur own Cally...
Odeski, Calabar aka cally
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by SarkinYarki: 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
EmperorHadrain:

How about the ones owned and operated by the Pentagon?

You dont expect military SATs to be providing their real time location on the web ?

Starlink is a major contractor to the US pentagon and space force.

Hmmmm..
Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by inoki247: 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
EmperorHadrain:

Odeski, Calabar aka cally

Na Calabar u dey call like California oga goan rest abg na d dog wey u chop for afternoon na the spirit dey torment u dey mak u see jargons.....

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by EmperorHadrain: 9:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Hmmmm..

From google search: S-500 sat killer

When developing the S-500 Prometheus system, the Russian military incorporated a unique ability into this air defense system, allowing it to destroy even military spacecraft if its orbit is at an altitude of up to 200km

1 Like

Re: I Think I Just Observed A Satellite Crashing From Space by Achilles881: 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
I saw it too, when I picked it up I found out that the satellite resemble a tiny beetle with lights glowing on it's bottom, someone said it's glow worms, but I think it is a satellite undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

16-Year-Old Builds Nigeria's First Ever Solar-Powered Car In Ebonyi / How To Convert MBOX To PDF / Naija Telecoms Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.