Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers (20810 Views)

Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Aystarz: 7:06am On Jun 04, 2022
Jestin:
Emiefele should be sacked already. What is this dumb ass still doing there ?

This is still the only country in the world where the Central Bank's HNIC is a member of a political party!

And we are all cool about it. We get sense for this country so

2 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 04, 2022
DrChukki:
Emefiele and useless policies...

Punishment for not allowing him to contest

1 Like

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by funkyjaay: 7:10am On Jun 04, 2022
This administration is not good at a single thing.Cant wait for their tenure to end
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by claudiofaceoff: 7:10am On Jun 04, 2022
Emefiele is the worse CBN governor in the history of Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by UnknownT: 7:11am On Jun 04, 2022
Emefiele's way of punishing us for shouting down his bid for becoming president

2 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Cutehector(m): 7:14am On Jun 04, 2022
People wey no even get 10k for their account dey follow vex.. Nigerians though grin make poverty no allow you vex ontop big man wahala..

The billionaires are not even complaining.

4 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by greggng: 7:19am On Jun 04, 2022
The area wey pain me is that Nigerians cannot fight collectively for their right . Na to insult their tribes them sabi. We all are part of the reason why this govt use us as a play thing .
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by OlujobaSamuel: 7:25am On Jun 04, 2022
Bank network get issues, na me go dey responsible, the foolish cashier send money to a wrong account because he thinks my 6 looks like 5, despite seeing the account name to be different from that of 5, na my problem still.
Biko, if I want to pay 10m, where will I get the extra 10m as indemnity to cover for the loss should in case there is one?
Emefiele is maddddd

4 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by blueghost(m): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2022
Crazy policies so what are the functions of NDIC.
NDIC are in charge of money risk management
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by pat077: 7:52am On Jun 04, 2022
Anyone that takes over from buhari shld make sure his first assignment is to sack the CBN governor.

2 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 04, 2022
Daestro3:
Key Points

1. The Central Bank of Nigeria has issued a new directive to banks asking them to charge indemnity on transfers above N 1 million for individuals and N10 million for corporate bodies

2. The new rule also pegged a higher limit on transfers above N200 million for individuals and N250 million for corporate organisations

3. The order is meant to insulate the banks from any loss or risks associated with the transactions and place the liability on the customers

Source: https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/economy/1472876-new-cbn-rule-mandates-bank-customers-indemnify-banks-for-transfers-above-n1-million/

It will certainly be challenged in court and thrown out of the window. I can’t be giving you my money to do business and assume liability for the errors within your system.

But until then, I advise you make a transfer of N999,990 in multiple batches.

Fill 50 of such forms and kill the system with multiple transfer request. If it’s over the counter, the officer at the transfer desk will go crazy with work load.

I honestly suggest we stop appointing CBN Governors from amongst ex-bank staffs. Their loyalty is to the bank and not the masses or the nation at large.

Ofcourse they are also bank shareholders and politicians.

The masses get to suffer for their greed.

Shalom

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by nedekid: 8:02am On Jun 04, 2022
This disaster of a cbn gov has been there for too long, no more ideas, stagnant, clueless, what can't he be removed. Why must buhari compensate failure always?
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Codes151(m): 8:33am On Jun 04, 2022
Cbn governor is a disaster

Cbn gov is a celebrated Buffon.
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Munamoqel: 8:33am On Jun 04, 2022
francisjochaim:
hi nairalanders,pls help a soul I wanted to renew my atm on Monday and my mobile app isn't working,pls anyone is willing to help me with small money for this week

kuda microfinance bank
a f i
look for a better lie to blow .so if ATM expires then what ?

2 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by GerogeI(m): 8:36am On Jun 04, 2022
Lawyers in the house.
Please can those with some free time come together in Abuja, Lagos PH and Sue CBN and the banks.

I keep my money in the bank, the bank makes my account porous and unsecure, and fraudsters debit my account. The bank claims indemnity.

I stay in my house, they issue BVN. Fraudster use just BVN to open account in my name on a porous banking platform FCMB. Bank claims indemnity.

I use my cash, CBN say cashless banking. Am forced to do electronic transactions for everything. CBN and bank also want to claim indemnity on a medium they control and insist I must use.

Please, its time to put these idiots before a court. We form an online forum and take turns to catch up and represent the case.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by almarthins(m): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2022
Daestro3:
Key Points

1. The Central Bank of Nigeria has issued a new directive to banks asking them to charge indemnity on transfers above N 1 million for individuals and N10 million for corporate bodies

2. The new rule also pegged a higher limit on transfers above N200 million for individuals and N250 million for corporate organisations

3. The order is meant to insulate the banks from any loss or risks associated with the transactions and place the liability on the customers

Source: https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/economy/1472876-new-cbn-rule-mandates-bank-customers-indemnify-banks-for-transfers-above-n1-million/

The cbn governor is backward in all his policies.
This country is upsidedown
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by baralatie(m): 9:15am On Jun 04, 2022
REALretep:
Abeg who can explain what this means to a layperson
If you transfer from an acct to another acct using a bank channel.in the event money lose it is you that will bear the risk and loss.not the bank that was used to do the transaction.

3 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by baralatie(m): 9:17am On Jun 04, 2022
GerogeI:
Lawyers in the house.
Please can those with sone free time come together in Abuja, Lagos PH and Sue CBN and the banks.

I keep my money in the bank, the bank makes my account porous and unsecure, and fraudsters debit my account. The bank claims indemnity.

I stay in my house, they issue BVN. Fraudster use just BVN to open account in my name on a porous banking platform FCMB. Bank claims indemnity.

I use my cash, CBN say cashless banking. Am forced to do electronic transactions for everything. CBN and bank also want to claim indemnity on a medium they control and insist I must use.

Please, its time to put these idiots before a court. We form an online forum and take turns to catch up and represent the case.
That is the effect of the policy
So the bank staffs who are engaged in fraud won't get hooked

6 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by REALretep(m): 9:23am On Jun 04, 2022
baralatie:

If you transfer from an acct to another acct using a bank channel.in the event money lose it is you that will bear the risk and loss.not the bank that was used to do the transaction.
But this sounds crazy
How can one lose money that one transferred through a bank channel. Is it about the problem of hackers taking control of the transfer process or what?

3 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by REALretep(m): 9:27am On Jun 04, 2022
litigator:

It will certainly be challenged in court and thrown out of the window. I can’t be giving you my money to do business and assume liability for the errors within your system.

Fill 50 of such forms and kill the system with multiple transfer request. If it’s over the counter, the officer at the transfer desk will go crazy with work load.

I honestly suggest we stop appointing CBN Governors from amongst ex-bank staffs. Their loyalty is to the bank and not the masses or the nation at large.

Shalom
This may actually be their ultimate goal...to increase cost of transaction (COT) and thus make more money from customers

3 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2022
REALretep:
This may actually be their ultimate goal...to increase cost of transaction (COT) and thus make more money from customers

Hmmmmm! You sure have a point

1 Like

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by natanyin: 9:55am On Jun 04, 2022
It means if you transfer money above 1m to someone and the person did not get the money and you did not get a refund it means you can not hold the bank responsible for it.
wolement:
Idon'tt understand this. What does it mean?

2 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Bizibi(m): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2022
litigator:

Shalom
exactly the government should stop appointing ex bank staffs.

1 Like

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Bizibi(m): 10:05am On Jun 04, 2022
Emiefele is beyond terrible. The next administration must queeze that corrupt thing.
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by francisjochaim: 10:07am On Jun 04, 2022
Munamoqel:
no am not telling liesmy mobile app isn't working
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by OlujobaSamuel: 10:07am On Jun 04, 2022
Munamoqel:
Lol, ask him which Monday, ATM validity is usually till the end of whatever month written on it, so what renewal is he trying to do? He no fit collect money for counter if new ATM no ready
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by francisjochaim: 10:10am On Jun 04, 2022
Munamoqel:
my mobile app isn't working and I am not telling lies
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Munamoqel: 10:11am On Jun 04, 2022
francisjochaim:
my mobile app isn't working and I am not telling lies
use ussd code or use you phone as collateral to look loan money .
Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by BJanta: 10:31am On Jun 04, 2022
wolement:
I dont understand this. What does it really mean?

It's a very serious matter ,people don’t understand. It means that, as individual if your bank account is hacked and money withdrawn, you cannot hold the bank responsible again. The bank is indemnified. You CAN'T take any action, legal or otherwise, even if the fraud is perpetrated by the bank, against the bank. The is the same reason I refused to open a Zenith bank account in 2018. I went through their terms and conditions and discovered that the bank absolves itself of any responsibilities incase of any failed transaction or fraud perpetrated against your account. That's why you never can see any failed POS transaction through a Zenith bank account resolved in favour of the customer. You go there, you fill a form and asked to come back after a a month. When you go back they blame it on the POS operator and the other bank involved, and close the matter. It's th same rules he has brought here now. This is what we should be fighting instead of bickering on politics. And now he has given the hackers a free day. Sooner or later Nigerians would learn to put their money in shares.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 04, 2022
adioolayi:
So,if money hang for air while using Bank's technology...na on my head

Which kain nonsense thing be this..na me develop or own the platform being used to transfer my funds

If dey wan withdraw the cash go deposit am for beneficiary's account...you go talk cashless policy that you can't give such huge cash..

Which kain wahala be this...will this not defeat cashless policy so Na to dey save money inside sakasaka and carry am to beneficiaries bank to make deposit.

Nonsense!

I used to think my father wasn't digitally smart when he always insists on physical cash deals until I had an issue with my UBA acct. I haven't seen my 10k till now.

3 Likes

Re: New CBN Policy Offload Risks And Liabilities Of Transaction On Customers by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 04, 2022
Just like we expected my people … person wey no get experience you put am there because una resemble well done .. Zenith Bank that year see your person

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traders Weep Over Demolition Of Festac Town Market / Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement / Stanley Uzochukwu Joins Dangote, Elumelu To Receive U.S 8-Member Delegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.