Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile (582 Views)

My React Portfolio Website / Who Can Help Me ,i Need A Pc But I Have Only #7,000 With Me / My React Single Page For Small Start Up Business (Request Web App - No Backend ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile by Phantaminum1(f): 10:36am On Jun 04, 2022
Re: My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile by platymus: 10:49am On Jun 04, 2022
Are you talking about mobile app or mobile responsiveness of the app ? For mobile app you have to use reactnative, for mobile responsiveness check your CSS.
Re: My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile by Phantaminum1(f): 11:01am On Jun 04, 2022
platymus:
Are you talking about mobile app or mobile responsiveness of the app ? For mobile app you have to use reactnative, for mobile responsiveness check your CSS.
I am talking about the mobile app
Re: My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile by jesmond3945: 12:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Phantaminum1:

use react native for that.
Re: My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile by platymus: 1:09pm On Jun 04, 2022
Phantaminum1:

If you are talking about mobile app,then you have to use reactnative and expo app on your phone. The expo client will allow you to view your app live on your phone as you develop.
If you want both the mobile and web version of your app,then you write separate codebase for the two.
Re: My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile by Playermayweda(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
platymus:

If you are talking about mobile app,then you have to use reactnative and expo app on your phone. The expo client will allow you to view your app live on your phone as you develop.
If you want both the mobile and web version of your app,then you write separate codebase for the two.

Isn't a website made with react supposed to work on mobile too
Re: My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile by platymus: 5:37pm On Jun 04, 2022
Playermayweda:

Isn't a website made with react supposed to work on mobile too
It works on mobile well if you do the following
1. Write a responsive CSS code using media query
2. Make it a progressive web app (PWA) by including a service worker file and a manifest.json file in your project root.

If you want to turn your web app to a mobile without writing a separate codebase (in kotlin,swift, reactnative or flutter) then turn your app to PWA using no 2. above. You can submit your app to the app store. Progressive web apps (PWAs) are installable on mobile devices and they are also submittable to play store. This approach is good if you want your web app and mobile app to behave same way but that is not always the case.
Re: My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile by Vicky2k(m): 11:44pm On Jun 04, 2022
platymus:

It works on mobile well if you do the following
1. Write a responsive CSS code using media query
2. Make it a progressive web app (PWA) by including a service worker file and a manifest.json file in your project root.

If you want to turn your web app to a mobile without writing a separate codebase (in kotlin,swift, reactnative or flutter) then turn your app to PWA using no 2. above. You can submit your app to the app store. Progressive web apps (PWAs) are installable on mobile devices and they are also submittable to play store. This approach is good if you want your web app and mobile app to behave same way but that is not always the case.

You are very right. Service Worker is a good way to go using same codebase
Re: My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile by Phantaminum1(f): 9:15am On Jun 05, 2022
platymus:

Thank you very much. I had to download a app called f12 to know where the error is coming from. Though I have already fixed it

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please, I Need Your Help... / Pls I Need Help On Getting Remote Job Pls And Pls / PHP Developer Needed For A Remote Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.