Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,151 members, 7,860,123 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society (378 Views)

'If My Wife Does Everything I Tell Her To Do, Then She's My Child, Not My Wife' / How To Prevent The Boy Child From Sexual Abuse / My 18-Month-Old Child Not Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by coputa(m): 5:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
The girl child is always pampered and protected right from the home to the larger society,leaving the boy child,why is it so.
Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by Jashub: 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2022
In the words of the Gidredpiller:

"The system is rigged to favor their virgina"

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by coputa(m): 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2022
Jashub:
In the words of the Gidredpiller:

"The system is rigged to favor their virgina"
Is the girl child considered weak and vulnerable.
Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by Cypress042: 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
Even though the society look down on us, we won't look down on ourselves. tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by Natbrowny: 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2022
Society believes Boys will always take care of themselves, that boys will always make good decisions but its all false.
The boy child when neglected becomes a problem.

Just look at all the social vices in the society today.
The girls that are even protected are not actually protected in the real sense, they are just given a fair chance than boys. They are the faint hearted ones.

But the world now, all these don dabaru, nothing works.

Boys are actually not protected because they see them as the ones who should protect the girls. Why protect the protector?

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by God1000(m): 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2022
coputa:
The girl child is always pampered and protected right from the home to the larger society,leaving the boy child,why is it so.
too bad, there's this erroneous assumption and misapprehension from the society that a boy child doesn't need much support and care

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by coputa(m): 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2022
God1000:
too bad, there's this erroneous assumption and misapprehension from the society that a boy child doesn't need much support and care
Yes,the boy child still has blood running in his veins too. I think its because the girl child is more vulnerable than the boy

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by Acidbath: 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
coputa:

Your question should be "why is the boy child not disciplined well enough?"

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by coputa(m): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
Acidbath:

Your question should be "why is the boy child not disciplined well enough?"
How do you mean,in the home,the boy child does the most difficult chores than the girl,at school a boy child is flogged on his buttocks while the girl receives hers on the palm.the boy child is more disciplined than the girl child

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by Acidbath: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2022
coputa:
How do you mean,in the home,the boy child does the most difficult chores than the girl,at school a boy child is flogged on his buttocks while the girl receives hers on the palm.the boy child is more disciplined than the girl child

Not entirely true.

In most homes, the girls work more and are disciplined on another level different from the males. I know what I am saying.

Or why do you think Africans depend on females to uphold it's non existent values and culture while the males behave anyhow they like?
Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by coputa(m): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2022
Acidbath:

Not entirely true.

In most homes, the girls work more and are disciplined on another level different from the males. I know what I am saying.

Or why do you think Africans depend on females to uphold it's non existent values and culture while the males behave anyhow they like?
The male don't behave anyhow,the girls are more protected because they are more vulnerable to discrimination like:non education of the girl child,female genetal mutilation,early marriage and rape.
Re: Why Is The Boy Child Not Protected By The Society by koyyess: 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2022
coputa:
The male don't behave anyhow,the girls are more protected because they are more vulnerable to discrimination like:non education of the girl child,female genetal mutilation,early marriage and rape.

They do. And that's why the "vulnerable" as you put it are given more protection from the older, wicked version of the males.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Little Snake I Killed / . / Men That Marry More Than One Wife Live Longer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.