Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy (1835 Views)

Police Arrest Fred Ajudua In Abuja Over Forgery, Land Fraud / Usman Buda: Mob Beats Butcher To Death Over Alleged Blasphemy In Sokoto State / Protesters Storm Shoprite, MTN Offices In Lugbe, Abuja Over Xenophobia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
Vigilante killed, burnt in Abuja over alleged blasphemy
NURUDEEN SHOTAYO
June 4, 2022 5:34 PM

The yet-to-be identified man was lynched by the mob for allegedly making a blasphemous statement.

A mob has lynched and burnt the remains of a member of vigilance group over alleged blasphemy.

The incident happened at the Timber shed market located in the Federal Housing Estate, Lugbe, Abuja, on Saturday June 4, 2022.

Earlier report by The Punch had said that the victim was a member of a vigilante group in the area.

However, Daily Trust has reported that Hundaru actually ran to the vigilante office in the market for safety after the mob started chasing him.

It was gathered that the deceased, who was also a Muslim, was fond of making insulting remarks about Prophet Muhammad, with the latest coming on midnight of Saturday.

The determined mob in their numbers overpowered the vigilante group and killed the victim before setting his remains on fire.

"The guy is known as Small Hundaru, that was not his first time of insulting the prophet before the action was taken," a trader at the market, Halilu, told Daily Trust.

“He was caught after buying food in the market in the afternoon, because when the blasphemy occurred it was just few people who were there, then a stick was used to hit him in the head. Though he had a gun with him, it was retrieved before the beating.

"Thereafter, he was stoned before he ran to the office. His colleagues at the office were aware but they couldn’t shield him due to the number of people that chased him. After he was unconscious, petrol was poured over him and not to stoke any fear in the market, he was burnt in front of the office."

Meanwhile, police have been deployed to the area to prevent further breakout of crisis.

Updated

A mob has lynched and burnt the remains of a member of vigilance group over alleged blasphemy.

Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by bookson(m): 6:23pm On Jun 04, 2022
You will never hear that any Muslim or Islamic organization is organizing or has ever organized medical outreach or humanitarian services. All that those guys know how to do is to take life and in the most inhumane manner. #SPITS

13 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2022
All these Islamic extremist are the most useless people I've ever known undecided...

Those fellows are so short sighted and myopic, and they don't deserve to live with sane humans undecided... I honestly can't help but wonder how those fellows are allowed to run about free undecided...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2022
bookson:

You will never hear that any Muslim or Islamic organization is organizing or has ever organized medical outreach or humanitarian services. All that those guys know how to do is to take life and in the most inhumane manner. #SPITS

If they can do that to a wet leaf what do you think they will do to a dry one? The man they killed was a Muslim. cry
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Ozomata500: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

I am a Muslim, but I must say, what those guys did as well as in sokoto, is kinda much wrong. This is not islamical. but the reality is, why would someone with his/her right sense be insulting other people religion?
let learn to maintain our own pace, you mustn't insult other people religion before yours will grow. every religion has their red line, and we all must maintain it.
the problem is mostly caused by some daft religious leaders, instigating hatred to their followers against other innocent people. Just like me here, someone once told me that she hated me because am a muslim, this was someone have been nice to many years ago, even help gained admission, i smiled and told her, that I like her because she's a human. she still needed my help some months ago and without requesting, I helped her.
we need to keep off from making jest of other people religion.. do not start what will lead to blames
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19am On Jun 05, 2022
Ozomata500:

I am a Muslim, but I must say, what those guys did as well as in sokoto, is kinda much wrong. This is not islamical. but the reality is, why would someone with his/her right sense be insulting other people religion?
let learn to maintain our own pace, you mustn't insult other people religion before yours will grow. every religion has their red line, and we all must maintain it.
the problem is mostly caused by some daft religious leaders, instigating hatred to their followers against other innocent people. Just like me here, someone once told me that she hated me because am a muslim, this was someone have been nice to many years ago, even help gained admission, i smiled and told her, that I like her because she's a human. she still needed my help some months ago and without requesting, I helped her.
we need to keep off from making jest of other people religion.. do not start what will lead to blames

The person lynched in the OP is a Muslim. What would you say to that, would they have lynched him if he had insulted Allah, Is Muhammad greater than Allah? undecided
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Prettygirl200(f): 9:35am On Jun 05, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

If they can do that to a wet leaf what do you think they will do to a dry one? The man they killed was a Muslim. cry
And so fucking what? Muslim or not Muslim do they have the right to take anyone lives the hatred I have for these useless things that call themselves Muslims can never know no bound. They are so myopic, God forbid animals in human skin.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Prettygirl200(f): 9:36am On Jun 05, 2022
Ozomata500:

Abeg loss!!!!! Useless Muslims with fish brains. Yen yen yen. Bloody terrorists!!!
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Shekochild: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
Haus-fulani please stop turning peaceful Gbagyi land into a terrorist ground. Mallams have migrated en mass to Abuja and turning Gbagyi land to jungle Islamic justice. So basically, anybody can frame you up and get you killed by accusing you of blasphemy. The bane of this country is a fanatic Muslim northerner. #My Gbagyi people stop allowing all these hausa people to dominate you in your land. This is the product of migration and domination in Gbagyi land. Agbagyi fhe kuche!!
#gbedogun

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2022
If the name of Jesus offends you, well...

Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by baretalk: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2022
Its so shameful, how can a religion be so blood thirsty, no conviction by a judge just burning.
southern Nigeria must remove these barbarians from our midst.
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2022
Day 4 || Triumphant Power || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3TAwPEdXjw

Check in here! Christ, the mighty Redeemer has a package of Triumphant Power for you, at this Global Crusade with Kumuyi:
Theme: Triumphant Power by Christ's Redemption
Date: August 25 - 30, 2022.
Time: 16:00 GMT daily and 07:00 GMT on Sunday, August 28, 2022
Special Features:
The Great Change (Impact Academy for Youth) on August 27, 2022
Ministers' and Professionals' Conference 06:00 GMT daily on August 26, 29 and 30, 2022

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pastorkumuyiofficial
https://facebook.com/dclmhq

YouTube:
https://youtube.com/dclmhq

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/dclmhq
https://www.instagram.com/officialwfkumuyi/

DCLM Webcast:
https://webcast.dclm.org

DCLM Radio
https://radio.dclm.org
You can also download the DCLM Radio app on Google Play store.

If you just gave your life to Jesus Christ, please click on the link below to help assist you further in your walk with the Lord.

Link: https://dclm.org/connectwithchrist/
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by ibechris(m): 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2022
Ozomata500:

U deserved to be hated because u don't possess any sympathy...what is red line.

Is red line in ur Quran or u guys just inserted it.
An Arab god or prophet is who are defending when he should himself if truly it is from God.

Pls,hide your face,because If u are enlighten u will not use the word red line when it is a matter of live and death.
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by OyigboUpdate: 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
Nobody will torment Atiku to condemn this. But if na Obi now
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Fisiryorh(m): 12:02am On Aug 29, 2022
ibechris:

U deserved to be hated because u don't possess any sympathy...what is red line.

Is red line in ur Quran or u guys just inserted it.
An Arab god or prophet is who are defending when he should himself if truly it is from God.

Pls,hide your face,because If u are enlighten u will not use the word red line when it is a matter of live and death.

I get your point totally but Peter wey been carry sword cut person ear comot because of Jesus uko?...

U never talk that one.. undecided

Modified..

I also am a Muslim and I don't condone killing in any form apart from honest self defense..

Every religion does have a red line but should not always be justification for taking a human life....guess that's what the young fellow you quoting is trying na say...
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by ibechris(m): 7:31am On Aug 30, 2022
Fisiryorh:

I get your point totally but Peter wey been carry sword cut person ear comot because of Jesus uko?...

U never talk that one.. undecided

Modified..

I also am a Muslim and I don't condone killing in any form apart from honest self defense..

Every religion does have a red line but should not always be justification for taking a human life....guess that's what the young fellow you quoting is trying na say...

Thank goodness u mentioned Peter,what did Jesus tell him?
Only if had read the Bible well,u will know Jesus didn't condole any act of violence on like the other who is Violence personified.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Fisiryorh(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
ibechris:

Thank goodness u mentioned Peter,what did Jesus tell him?
Only if had read the Bible well,u will know Jesus didn't condole any act of violence on like the other who is Violence personified.

Alaye, nobody should condole violence in any case but a RED LINE was crossed & Peter acted on it before the situation was calmed by Jesus... understand that k..
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Fisiryorh(m): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Abeg loss!!!!! Useless Muslims with fish brains. Yen yen yen. Bloody terrorists!!!

Abeg misplace... worthless Christian with shit filled brain..how many men, women, children and communities did the Knights Templar wipe off just to spread Christianity?..u no talk that one because CNN and BBC been no Dey to report am Kwa...

Hypocritical maggot...
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Prettygirl200(f): 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Fisiryorh:

Abeg misplace... worthless Christian with shit filled brain..how many men, women, children and communities did the Knights Templar wipe off just to spread Christianity?..u no talk that one because CNN and BBC been no Dey to report am Kwa...

Hypocritical maggot...
Ewwww e pain am ooo, e pain aboki nama nama
Re: BREAKING: Vigilante Killed, Burnt In Abuja Over Alleged Blasphemy by Fisiryorh(m): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Ewwww e pain am ooo, e pain aboki nama nama

Mumu....like I be aboki undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pls Who Can Help Me Get This Criminal In Bonny Rivers State / 17 Years After, Who Killed Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ / Umuahia Police SARS Chased A Guy With Lexus Salon Car Into The Gutter...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.