Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? (425 Views)

What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? / Share Your Dreams And The Holyspirit Will Help Interpret / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 7:08am On Jun 05, 2022
I av being a pentecostal christian all my life and i av attended several churches on visitation or invitation. Have realised that most modern day churches dont go deep into the doctrine of christ. Churches these days just focus on healing, deliverance, miracles, prophesies, prosperity and the likes. They hardly preach on salvation, sanctification, water baptism, holy ghost, evagelism, e.t.c. Modern day churches only preach & teach what the congregation wants to hear & motivate them. Pastors dont care to warn his members of rapture & the great tribulation. They select some parts of the bible for teaching, preaching & exhaltation and leave other parts. And so many christians are so ignorant so many important things they aught to know to live a righteous life and make heaven at the end.

Now to the topic of today; THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN!

Can you guys enlighten me on the unforgivable sin and how can one cautiously avoid it all through his/her life on earth?

HOW CAN ONE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT?
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Mokason288(m): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2022
grin
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Toneypen247(m): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2022
H
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by AntiChristian: 7:21am On Jun 05, 2022
The sin against the holy spirit does not exists!

If you sin against God he forgives so who is the holy spirit?

Is it bigger than God?

The Christian holy spirit is a figment of some founding fathers creation!
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Kobojunkie: 7:25am On Jun 05, 2022
Alexgman1:
Now to the topic of today; THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN!

Can you guys enlighten me on the unforgivable sin and how can one cautiously avoid it all through his/her life on earth?

Jesus Christ gave His followers approximately 100 commandments to obey in God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God. OP, I am interested in learning why your focus is on the one unforgivable sin when there are probably approximately 99 commandments you violate daily? undecided
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 7:26am On Jun 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Is it bigger than God?

Really?
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 7:28am On Jun 05, 2022
Toneypen247:
H
Are u normal?
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:29am On Jun 05, 2022
Alexgman1:
Really?

You are happy to receive learnings from a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by chiommy123(f): 7:30am On Jun 05, 2022
It is the unrepentant sin.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:30am On Jun 05, 2022
Alexgman1:

Is this your first time in NL? Do you not see the how here? Even yesterday, there was a thread here.

Or you are just trying to get people to commit this sin exactly as Satan does.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 7:33am On Jun 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Is this your first time in NL? Do you not see the how here? Even yesterday, there was a thread here.

Or you are just trying to get people to commit this sin exactly as Satan does.
I didnt see anytin. pls i asked a question and i need a straight forward answer
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 7:34am On Jun 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You are happy to receive learnings from a Muslim?
You are funny sir

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 7:36am On Jun 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ gave His followers approximately 100 commandments to obey in God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God. OP, I am interested in learning why your focus is on the one unforgivable sin when there are probably approximately 99 commandments you violate daily? undecided
I dont knw if i av committed such sin ignorantly.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by okenwa(m): 7:44am On Jun 05, 2022
Hmm, this life sef
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by AntiChristian: 7:48am On Jun 05, 2022
Alexgman1:
Really?

Yeah, really!
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 7:51am On Jun 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Yeah, really!
A lie from d pit of hell.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by AntiChristian: 8:10am On Jun 05, 2022
Alexgman1:
A lie from d pit of hell.

Which is a lie?

Is there a sin against God that is unforgivable?
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Antiislaam(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Is it bigger than God?

Holy spirit doesn't exists, shey according to your ignoramus right? If I ask you question now on the same Holy spirit according to your Quran you will run
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Silvernus2020(m): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
Everything that's inspired by the Holy spirit should not be taken for joke and at such one can sin against the Holy spirit,.....

Speaking in tongues,
Prophecy,
Revelations/Vision,
Scriptures,...

Each time the above are being mock at, it's a sin against the person of the Holy spirit and at such its a sin against the Holy Spirit.

The most prominent now is Speaking in tongue its now a joke, what was originally inspired by the Holy spirit such that it is the Holy spirit that gives the utterance, now its a child play. angry
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Luzebox(m): 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2022
Lolzzz....
Christians are funny...
The unforgivable sin is knowing that Christ is real and still leading people away...like the priests of the old... they knew Jesus miracles were from God but still called it work from the devil...dat was wen Christ said do not sin against the holy ghost ...and why is it unforgivable...well because...

The holy spirit is the spirit of repentance...he is the one that softens the heart...now if he is mad at you...

Your heart becomes harden...you won't even ask for forgiveness
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2022
Alexgman1:

"No human has seen God at any given time" John 1:18
But we can see God's works as evidence of His presence and mercy so before anyone can sin you must first go against God's orders which you know, but when you're not aware of the evil consequences of your actions God will never take it upon you because you're ignorant.

Now back to your question:

How can one sin against the holy spirit?

Note that the Holy Spirit is God's property this means you can only recognized God's spirit through what is yielding fine produce when really needed.
Please! Please!! Please!!! Never speak against such fine WORKS because that's the only evidence of God's Spirit, speaking against such fine WORKS makes you sin against the spirit of truth which supposed to be of great benefits to you and others around you. Locking up your heart against it when you can't find a better way forward makes you a sinner not against man but against God's Holy Spirit that's working out fine fruit!

For instance you've heard so much about Jesus of Nazareth but you can't see him nor recognize his true disciples in this wicked world. You remember he was preaching and teaching from house to house and we all know that that's the most difficult assignment given to imperfection humans who are always filled with pride. Going to visit your neighbour who never invited nor expecting you all in the name of Jesus' order.
If someone should knock on your door and after exchanging pleasantries whatever makes you send them away should touch your conscience a bit.
"Why did i treat them like that?
They mentioned "God" and it's like they're here to discuss about God. Moreover they look so nice"
Whatever you resolve to do after thinking this way determines whether you've sinned against man (those neighbours who came visiting you in God's name) or against God's Holy Spirit (the conscience in you talking about how you supposed to treat those who have humbly subjected themselves to the orders of Jesus Christ who sent his disciples to visit you in your home) Matthew 10:13-15 smiley

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2022
Wow am learning alot. Thanks guys!
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2022
Luzebox:
Lolzzz....
Christians are funny...
The unforgivable sin is knowing that Christ is real and still leading people away...like the priests of the old... they knew Jesus miracles were from God but still called it work from the devil...dat was wen Christ said do not sin against the holy ghost ...and why is it unforgivable...well because...

The holy spirit is the spirit of repentance...he is the one that softens the heart...now if he is mad at you...

Your heart becomes harden...you won't even ask for forgiveness
Nice one bro.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2022
Alexgman1:
I dont knw if i av committed such sin ignorantly.
It isn't a sin one can commit ignorantly. Those who commit it do it intentionally. undecided
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by FirstSon01: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2022
This is how you can sin against the holy spirit, if you say "Holy spirit is a bitch and cunt" like I just did now.

There's no forgiveness for you and you'll rot in hell fire forever. grin
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
FirstSon01:

This is how you can sin against the holy spirit, if you say "Holy spirit is a bitch and cunt" like I just did now.

There's no forgiveness for you and you'll rot in hell fire forever. grin

Funny atheist! cheesy

So you think the true God could offended even when He knows that you don't even know what you're saying? Luke 23:34 smiley

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by FirstSon01: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Funny atheist! cheesy

So you think the true God could offended even when He knows that you don't even know what you're saying? Luke 23:34 smiley

I know what I am saying wink
If he exists, then he does too.

So he should face me Man to Spirit grin

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2022
FirstSon01:

I know what I am saying wink
If he exists, then he does too.
So he should face me Man to Spirit grin

Actually he doesn't even know you exist at all! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by FirstSon01: 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Actually he doesn't even know you exist at all! cheesy

He does, or isn't he omniscient again??
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Alexgman1(m): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It isn't a sin one can commit ignorantly. Those who commit it do it intentionally. undecided
Ok sir.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2022
FirstSon01:

He does, or isn't he omniscient again??
Who told you He is omniscient?

That's why i say you don't even know what you're saying, because He only choose to know what is good as for the bad things and evildoers they're like walking corpse before him so He doesn't even know you exist! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by FirstSon01: 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Who told you He is omniscient?

That's why i say you don't even know what you're saying, because He only choose to know what is good as for the bad things and evildoers they're like walking corpse before him so He doesn't even know you exist! cheesy

Wow, so as God's media assistant on new media, when did he tell you this?? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uche Elendu Advises Mercy Chinwo & Other Christians To Show Off On Social Media / You Can Transform Your Life By Following This Cycle. / Biblical Messages Represented With Animal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.