Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost (7518 Views)

See What One Starlink Can Do / Police Detained Me For Buying Pregnancy Test Kit & Contraceptives - MAPOLY Girl / Dupe Ademola-Popoola Develops TELVIS, Blindness Detection Kit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Fadfavy: 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2022
DKM123:
At #68k monthly, they clearly have thier demographics. This is definitely not for regular individuals (asides the very rich). It will be for businesses, industries and institutions and for these ones, with the kind of speed I am seeing, it definitely will be a good buy for them.

We the regular citizens of Naijeria (top to bottom) are very fine with our MTN mifi.
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by nnamdi640: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
Chaos14:
If i buy a good phone for 100k and i take 10k to buy data then i take 70k for crypto then 70k for forex then i use the money i make for business. Think about that
Nice thinking but forex is hard time like this.
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Fragility6: 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:
Dead on Arrival. Even though I can afford it, I will be limited to use the internet only when I get home. So I will still be forced to subscribe my router to use at work, or if I go out with friends. I thought this was going to be like a mifi or something, this won't work in Nigeria at all. It's useless, why should I pay 68k a month while I cant even finish 200gb of 20k I do monthly. It's useless to me.

And it will be useless to alot of people. Even if you have kids it's still useless because DStv of 20k a month assuming you have that money will give you all the channels which is better than Netflix or stupid online streaming platform. Then you sub with 20k and collect 250gb for a month, unless you dey download files of 20gb all the time, you can't finish 200gb a month on ordinary video call, streaming and browsing. I have tried it and I couldn't
All this ranty still no valid points made.Just talk say u no get money to afford am shikena

2 Likes

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by noCAP(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2022
Nonsense. Definitely not for the average Nigerian. MTN mifi dey serve me well

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by TechBIogger: 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2022
sinkhole:
WAO, that is just around 320,000naira only!
Only ke? undecided
for this Buhari regime e cost oh

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by sinkhole: 2:58pm On Jun 05, 2022
TechBIogger:
Only ke? undecided
for this Buhari regime e cost oh
I believe it will be very OK for supplying large group of people such as schools!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by yetunsbay(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
Chaos14:
I know after you pay for that you don't need to pay for data again but e too much
elucidate
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by jesmond3945: 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kizyte:
Below are pictures of Starlink kit, and the kit cost about $500. The dish is about 18" in diameter.
are you in nigeria
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Chaos14: 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2022
yetunsbay:
elucidate
I meant you pay once for the satelite
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Michael213: 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2022
Covid:
You're not mad bro, the right question should've been; Am I rich?

Ah swear down grin grin...this one is not meant for the middle class
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by MasonKendall(m): 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:
Dead on Arrival. Even though I can afford it, I will be limited to use the internet only when I get home. So I will still be forced to subscribe my router to use at work, or if I go out with friends. I thought this was going to be like a mifi or something, this won't work in Nigeria at all. It's useless, why should I pay 68k a month while I cant even finish 200gb of 20k I do monthly. It's useless to me.

And it will be useless to alot of people. Even if you have kids it's still useless because DStv of 20k a month assuming you have that money will give you all the channels which is better than Netflix or stupid online streaming platform. Then you sub with 20k and collect 250gb for a month, unless you dey download files of 20gb all the time, you can't finish 200gb a month on ordinary video call, streaming and browsing. I have tried it and I couldn't
Browsing wise, you're lazy grin Supposedly I also use that your data, you for dey beg me to reduce consumption cos na 24gb daily or nothing grin

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Kizyte(m): 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2022
Whizzy080:
Hope after buying you won't be subscribing oo, else he should keep it in America we're facing alot already
MTN Mifi can handle it's capability
$99 monthly.

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by MideMrPossible: 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2022
Covid:

How can I afford it is.

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by seanwilliam(m): 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
Chaos14:
I know after you pay for that you don't need to pay for data again but e too much
baba e no too much !

I spend around 25k on data monthly ,
If person no go subcribe again after buying it baba , e make sense,
If you’re heavy user and you’re generating money with it, you will know it’s cheap.

My problem is on how reliable it is

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Chaos14: 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2022
seanwilliam:
baba e no too much !

I spend around 25k on data monthly ,

If you’re heavy user and you’re generating money with it, you will know it’s cheap.

My problem is on how reliable it is
Its like dstv that is the dish and you are still paying monthly
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Ikechukwu183: 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kizyte:
Below are pictures of Starlink kit, and the kit cost about $500. The dish is about 18" in diameter.
Do you pay for subscription after initial purchase?
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Kizyte(m): 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2022
Ikechukwu183:

Do you pay for subscription after initial purchase?
$99 monthly.
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Davidson1010: 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2022
sekzy99:
Learn Coding Skills FREE and get an instant job as a coding instructor on MacroTutor.
Sign up for a special learn-to-earn intervention for everyone interested in building 21st century skills.

Start Date: June 20, 2022
Register : https:///macrotutor_trainthetrainer
Not able to open the website. Can u send ur WhatsApp number

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by justBreathe: 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:

Which network gives the 200gb for 20k plan, please?
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by MMempire(m): 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
ElonMusk go use starlink harvest all our personal data for naija give him CIA and FBI brothers. Beware o.

2 Likes

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
Covid:
omo
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by MMempire(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2022
Davidson1010:
Not able to open the website. Can u send ur WhatsApp number
Same with me. The link he posted is not accessible.

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Emmanuel909090: 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2022
Nice
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Orobokibo1: 7:36pm On Jun 05, 2022
It is best for a group of people to buy it and use it. That's the only way majority of Nigerians will able to afford it

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
sinkhole:
What is the bandwidth, can it handle internet for a University environment, if the wifi is made open to all?

Yes undecided
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Ay04z(m): 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:
Dead on Arrival. Even though I can afford it, I will be limited to use the internet only when I get home. So I will still be forced to subscribe my router to use at work, or if I go out with friends. I thought this was going to be like a mifi or something, this won't work in Nigeria at all. It's useless, why should I pay 68k a month while I cant even finish 200gb of 20k I do monthly. It's useless to me. Baba i need d data for that 200 gig for 20k....how can i go abt it... I run a mini cafe.. Data don dey give me issues

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by azarenka: 7:54pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:

Please which network router do you use that gives you 250gb for 20k per month?

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Davidson1010: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
MMempire:

Same with me. The link he posted is not accessible.
Do u know where I can learn this. I mean, programming

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by faceland: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
Thank God it is portable dish, so we can purchase stolen one, and then buy the other accessories... Just kidding.

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Cutehector(m): 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2022
MMempire:
ElonMusk go use starlink harvest all our personal data for naija give him CIA and FBI brothers. Beware o.
poverty set of thinking

1 Like

Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by Blake755: 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
The problem is the mobility it can't be moved
Re: See The Starlink Kit And How Much It Cost by halaqasa: 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
Blake755:
The problem is the mobility it can't be moved

Probability that it will come with a mifi package

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UTME 2024: Why Maduka University Enugu Should Be Your Ideal Choice / Best Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Past Questions And Answers. / Simi Nwogugu Named Among 10 Finalists For Africa Education Medal 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.