Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,951 members, 7,828,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu (754 Views)

2023: Buhari Never Discussed Power Shift To South — Garba Shehu / I Never Said APC Betrayed Me - Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks After EFCC Invited Him / "I Never Said APC Is Responsible For Nigerians Suffering" - Okorocha Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by SATANICALLY666: 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2022
Related: Buhari Didn’t Discuss Zoning With Presidential Aspirants – APC

President Muhammadu Buhari did not demand zoning the presidential ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress to Southern Nigeria, his spokesman Garba Shehu has said.

Mr Shehu said reports purporting the Nigerian leader had asked party leaders to consider only southern aspirants for the top ticket during last night’s meeting were false. Peoples Gazette did not run the story, which was attributed to undisclosed sources at the meeting.

“This issue has not arisen,” Mr Shehu told the BBC on Sunday. “All he has to do is negotiate and get one person out of it, and he has shown that as a leader he is ready to provide leadership to make that happen.”

Mr Buhari invited aspirants on the party’s platform to a late-night meeting at the State House on Saturday night. Official transcripts of the meeting released by Femi Adesina said the president asked all the aspirants to seek a consensus amongst themselves.

Reports circulated while the meeting was still underway that Mr Buhari said he would only back a southern candidate, a claim now debunked by his two most-senior media aides.

Mr Shehu, however, said the president would back anyone chosen during consensus talks, notwithstanding the aspirant’s region, the BBC reported.

Activities have intensified for a consensus candidate to be worked out amongst aspirants and party leaders. Meetings were held across Abuja overnight, including the meeting of South-West leaders that was held at Olusegun Osoba’s residence.

Bola Tinubu, Rotimi Amaechi, Yemi Osinbajo, Kayode Fayemi, and Emeka Nwaiuba, amongst others, are southern politicians seeking the ticket. Ahmad Lawan, the Senate President from northeast Yobe, is also a top contender.

https://gazettengr.com/buhari-never-said-apc-presidential-ticket-should-go-to-south-garba-shehu/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by Puskas: 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2022
Imagine how Tinubu is being tossed around like a ball

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by Aonkuuse(m): 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2022
These people should do and go abeg, am tired already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by Massiveglory: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2022
Pmb continues to toss them around.

Here is my permutation for the apc presidential ticket.

Chief Bola Tinubu: 2.5/10
Tinubu has little or no chance for being the Apc candidate. From the world go, they never wanted him to have it. The ranting that happened few days ago only gave them more ways to deal with him.
From my crystal ball, the only way he will get the ticket is if they have decided to do a Jonathan on him by going in droves for atiku.

Chief Ogbonaya onu: 3/10
Ogbonaya onu, the eastern chief is a dark horse in the race.
He also has slim chance. But being a reliable longtime friend of Pmb , anything can happen.

Yayaha Bello: 2.5/10.
Yaya Bello should not be overlooked. He is young, bold and has been working seriously. Politics is a funny game and Suprises are not in short supply.

Ahmed Lawan: 5.7/10
In today's politics, the senate President has a good chance of clinching the ticket. He is the only northern still holding on for it, and the northerns can do a Last minute convergence and support for their own. Also the northeast where he comes from has not produced a president , so he has that advantage.

Prof. Osinbanjo: 5.8/10
For me, the Vice President has a good chance of being the candidate. He is loved across borders to a good extent.
The main obstacle I see for pastor, is the perception that he is from tinubu. I know the cabals do not fancy tinubu.

Rotimi Ameachi: 5.9/10
If the Apc is serious on a southern candidate for their ticket, Rotimi Ameachi for me has the brightest chance for picking the ticket. His names alone is a mixture and balance of the south.
He is lively man and has a visible connection to the president and the cabals. He delivered twice for Pmb as his campaign director and so has a good chance.

Umahi, Fayemi, Akpabio and the rest: 2/10.
I don't see them as pulling any strings. But never say never in politics. Anything can happen

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by sogodihno: 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2022
Anything to give 5% hope.

All the APC northern governors said it, we saw the letter

Anyway,All these nonsense will end on Monday
Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by Jennyjay283: 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2022
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by sogodihno: 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2022
Massiveglory:
grin

Chief Bola Tinubu. 2.5/10
Tinubu has little or no chance for being the Apc candidate. From the world go, they never wanted him to have it. The ranting that happened few days ago only gave them more ways to deal with him.
From my crystal ball, the only way he will get the ticket is if they have decided to do a Jonathan on him by going in droves for atiku.

Chief Ogbonaya onu. 3/10
He also has slim chance. But being a reliable longtime friend of Pmb , anything can happen.

Yaya Bello should not be overlooked. He is young, bold and has been working seriously. Politics is a funny game and Suprises are not in short supply.

Ahmed Lawan. 5.7/10
In today's politics, the senate President has a good chance of clinching the ticket. He is the only northern still holding on for it, and the northerns can do a Last minute convergence and support for their own. Also the northeast where he comes from has not produced a president , so he has that advantage.

Prof. Osinbanjo 5.8/10
For me, the Vice President has a good chance of being the candidate. He is loved across borders to a good extent.
The main obstacle I see for pastor, is the perception that he is from tinubu. I know the cabals do not fancy tinubu.

If the Apc is serious on a southern candidate for their ticket, Rotimi Ameachi for me has the brightest chance for picking the ticket. His names alone is a mixture and balance of the south.
He is lively man and has a visible connection to the president and the cabals. He delivered twice for Pmb as his campaign director and so has a good chance.

I don't see them as pulling any strings. But never say never in politics. Anything can happen

So APC will leave a region with 5 sitting governors to give a region with half sitting governor.

Of course, you are ibo, you know nothing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by SarkinYarki: 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2022
Hahahahaha we all knew it was Jagabanjantis media planting their lies .. Tommorow by this Tinubu aspiration would have been buried cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by Penguin2: 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
sogodihno:
Anything to give 5% hope.

All the APC northern governors said it, we saw the letter

Anyway,All these nonsense will end on Monday

I thought you people said there will be no consensus that primaries must hold?

Buhari has said there would be consensus and I’ve been waiting for what you people will do since then.

But as usual, you guys are fixated on 5%.

Tinubu will not get the APC ticket and nothing will happen.

Meanwhile, I’m praying APC to give their ticket to the north so that the entire south can unite behind Peter Obi.

We warned you lots.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by sogodihno: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2022
Penguin2:

I thought you people said there will be no consensus that primaries must hold?

Buhari has said there would be consensus and I’ve been waiting for what you people will do since then.

But as usual, you guys are fixated on 5%.

Tinubu will not get the APC ticket and nothing will happen.

Meanwhile, I’m praying APC to give their ticket to the north so that the entire south can unite behind Peter Obi.

We warned you lots.

How come he has not says his consesus candidate since? We all know Adamu is Buhari candidate a week to the convention. .
Anything, that will make you sleep at night, I know you have through a lot lately, it is good you are comforting yourself grin grin
Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 4:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
Puskas:
Imagine how Tinubu is being tossed around like a ball

grin
Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2022
For now I am mourning the Owo killings I don't care who emerges the stupid APC candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by ChangetheChange: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2022
Lawan the hippopotamus head senate president is the consensus candidate of the Buhari cabal...that is the bitter truth, Amaechi will be his Vice Presidential candidate
All other candidates are wasting their time... Buhari will never change

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by ChangetheChange: 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2022
Even The APC Northern Governors are fully aware of the cabal plot to impose Lawan as APC consensus candidate, which was why they immediately issued a joint press statement last night endorsing Power to shift to the South. They tried to check mate Buhari and his Cabal, but Buhari, his cousin maman Daura, babagana kingibe , the current APC Chairman Adamu, Malami,
Babagana Monguno, the former APC Chairman Buni( he was not part of the Northern Governors who issued yesterday joint statement) and other members of the cabals have vowed to impose Ahmed Lawan as APC presidential candidates in the next 24 hours, irrespective of what the APC Governors demand.

APC Northern Governors alongside APC southern Governors are already working on their plan B, ,and have vowed to cause Ahmed Lawan Presidential ticket to fail woefully in 2023 presidential election, and will go into alliance with Atiku to form a National Unity Government in 2023 with guarantee of key positions for APC Chieftains and members.
This is the the hard fact...take it or leave it.

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by Cantonese: 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2022
Let’s see how it plays out tomorrow.
Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by Lelelalalele: 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2022
APC dun debunk the fake news.
Garba Shehu just debunked it.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 over to you grin
Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by adekolaelect(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2022
Massiveglory:
Pmb continues to toss them around.

Chief Bola Tinubu: 2.5/10

Chief Ogbonaya onu: 3/10

Ahmed Lawan: 5.7/10

Prof. Osinbanjo: 5.8/10

Oga Emotional writer well done sir. Even you show how a mixed names can win election show your level of Intelligent... But you be Igbo Sha.....

Re: Buhari Never Said APC Presidential Ticket Should Go To South - Garba Shehu by SweetiliciousD: 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
8 years.... Full term President - South West
8 years.... Full term VP - South West

Yet you want one of yours to clinch another presidential ticket for next 8 years with Muslim/Muslim arrangement.....

Na only you Waka come ba?

South east or North continues.....OUK

Premium tears loading......

The revolution is on....... Sawore

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Dance To A Popular Song - Buga By Kizz Daniel / Female Police Officers Spotted Eating Corn At The Osun Governorship Elections. / Pro Obi Baker Made cake in Peter Obi image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.