Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues (1137 Views)

What Is The Cost Of BMW E46 M54 Gear / BMW E46: Double Vanos And No Vanos(m43), Which One Is Better? / Help To Confirm If My BMW E46 Engine is Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by daylay7(m): 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
Hi everyone,
I want to know if there is anything like over supply of fuel by the nozzle causing incomplete combustion. The issue is, the rate of fuel consumption has now tripled and the engine doesn't fire down and sometimes misfire.

What could be the cause of this? The mecho I gave was saying over supply of fuel by the nozzle. If that is true. Where can I get a clean tokubo nozzles of that specifications?

Thanks.
Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by Antihelminth: 8:24am On Jun 06, 2022
There's nothing like over supply of fuel in BMWs ..

The problem with fuel consumption in BMWs usually stems from the air flow sensor or air flow meter .

Don't give your car to people that repair Toyota ..they have completely different set up

3 Likes

Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by daylay7(m): 9:02am On Jun 06, 2022
Antihelminth:
There's nothing like over supply of fuel in BMWs ..

The problem with fuel consumption in BMWs usually stems from the air flow sensor or air flow meter .

Don't give your car to people that repair Toyota ..they have completely different set up
Hhmmmm. You are right. This particular macho also repair Toyota.
Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by Antihelminth: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2022
daylay7:

Hhmmmm. You are right. This particular macho also repair Toyota.

Give it to q bmw mechanic and he would go straight to the MAF ...although it takes time before you find the one that matches your car ..
Nozzles are things that hardly gets spoiled

1 Like

Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by EngRichie: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
Yes, an injector can over supply but there are a thousand and one other possible causes.

1 Like

Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by autologic: 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
Antihelminth:

Give it to q bmw mechanic and he would go straight to the MAF ...although it takes time before you find the one that matches your car ..
Assumption taken too far ,that BMW Maf fail easily don't mean it must be a Maf everytime .Only a thorough diagnosis can reveal whatever is wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by Antihelminth: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
autologic:

Assumption taken too far ,that BMW Maf fail easily don't mean it must be a Maf everytime .Only a thorough diagnosis can reveal whatever is wrong

From experiences def a MAF problem ..it's very rare for nozzles to fail except there was water in the tank or dirty filter shits like that ...

Although one cannot rule out the importance of a scan ..

2 Likes

Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by daylay7(m): 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
Antihelminth:

It was not actually the nozzle or plug. The problem is on the block. There is an incomplete combustion on line 1 of the nozzle: the nozzle is spraying fuel and the spark plug is working fine but it doesn't fire. I once change the valve of that line 1 but it seems the first mechanic didn't grind it well to fit the block.
Anyway, I am selling it for double vanos now.
Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by Antihelminth: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2022
daylay7:

It was not actually the nozzle or plug. The problem is on the block. There is an incomplete combustion on line 1 of the nozzle: the nozzle is spraying fuel and the spark plug is working fine but it doesn't fire. I once change the valve of that line 1 but it seems the first mechanic didn't grind it well to fit the block.
Anyway, I am selling it for double vanos now.
Wow ..which type of engine is it m42?
Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by daylay7(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
Antihelminth:

Wow ..which type of engine is it m42?
M42 and m43 are not on vanos system
Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by Antihelminth: 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
daylay7:

M42 and m43 are not on vanos system

I know that

1 Like

Re: Bmw E46 M43 Nozzles Issues by daylay7(m): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
Antihelminth:

I know that
I din't quite get the question though.

(1) (Reply)

Does Changing A Cars AC Affect Fuel Economy? / How Much Is A Steering Rack For Camry 1996(orobo) / Good Volvo Mecanic For Volvo S80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.