Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Is This A Qubo "Torchlight" Phone Thing? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is This A Qubo "Torchlight" Phone Thing? (901 Views)

My Review On Qubo P6 / How To Facebook On Nokia Torchlight Phone Using MTN, Airtel Network / Please Nairalanders, Where Can I Buy Used Original Nokia Torchlight Phones In Bu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Qubo "Torchlight" Phone Thing? by ThaThinka: 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2022
I had to get a Qubo basic (or "torchlight" ) phone last year after misplacing my long-serving Nokia Asha phone.

Soon after getting the phone, I started receiving suspicious SMS messages on the line/SIM that I had lost along with the old phone. I thought it was the work of fraudsters, so I just ignored. But the messages have persisted for about a year.

When I finally got tired and swapped out that SIM last month so I could block those numbers on my smartphone, I started getting those messages on the new SIM that I inserted in the Qubo phone. I also can't block the senders, even though there's a feature for that (surprisingly).

Is anyone that is using a Qubo basic phone, or any other, experiencing something similar? Looks fishy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This A Qubo "Torchlight" Phone Thing? by phrancys001(m): 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
Mine too, just ignore jare

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Qubo "Torchlight" Phone Thing? by ThaThinka: 8:13am On Jun 06, 2022
phrancys001:
Mine too, just ignore jare

Thanks, boss. Just that I find these messages very irritating. At the same time, I wonder if the company is owned by scammers. smiley
Re: Is This A Qubo "Torchlight" Phone Thing? by Prinzton(m): 11:02am On Jun 06, 2022
ThaThinka:
Is anyone that is using a Qubo basic phone, or any other, experiencing something similar? Looks fishy.

It's not the phone rather someone who had access to the lost phone or someone close to you who has your number and is trying his/her luck on phishing scam(yahoo)

I was once a victim
Re: Is This A Qubo "Torchlight" Phone Thing? by ThaThinka: 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
Prinzton:

It's not the phone rather someone who had access to the lost phone or someone close to you who has your number and is trying his/her luck on phishing scam(yahoo)

I was once a victim

No, I disagree. Maybe you should read the original post again. I lost only one SIM with the said phone and that's not the current one in it.

Also, I observed that these messages are received via the SIM card in slot one (it's a dual SIM phone).
Re: Is This A Qubo "Torchlight" Phone Thing? by KunlexyInc1(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2022
ThaThinka:
I had to get a Qubo basic (or "torchlight" ) phone last year after misplacing my long-serving Nokia Asha phone.

Soon after getting the phone, I started receiving suspicious SMS messages on the line/SIM that I had lost along with the old phone. I thought it was the work of fraudsters, so I just ignored. But the messages have persisted for about a year.

When I finally got tired and swapped out that SIM last month so I could block those numbers on my smartphone, I started getting those messages on the new SIM that I inserted in the Qubo phone. I also can't block the senders, even though there's a feature for that (surprisingly).

I experience same too but affects mtn majorly. Hoping they fix it soon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Problem When I Retrived My Line / Looking For The New Nokia Sirocco in Gold! / Celtel Browsing I No Dey Sure Sey E Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.