Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,013 members, 7,953,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:18 AM

Black Sunday - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Black Sunday (195 Views)

Black Sunday In Ondo State As Terrorists Attacked St. Francis Catholic Church In / Black Sunday In Anambra As Gunmen Kill Mother, Four Children, Two Others METRO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Sunday by adefitim(m): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2022
"Onome, wake up. It's 5am already. Go wake your sisters. Let's prepare for church".

That was my dad waking us up to prepare for service this morning. We were to attend a 6am mass and were almost running out of time.

We all hurriedly woke up and prepared. None of us wanted to miss being carried to church with dad's car.

"Kemi, come and help me tie my gele. I can't seem to be getting it properly".

That was my mum calling out to my immediate younger sister.

I looked myself in the mirror one more time and smiled. Everything was just perfect. What a nice outfit to rock on the first Sunday of the month!

"Is everyone done? I'm going".

Daddy said while reaching out to the shelf to pick his bible.

We all joined dad in his car few moments later and he drove us to the church.

The priest was already on the altar when we arrived, with two altar boys beside him bearing the incense.

I looked from where I sat with mum to the choir seat. They were looking all glorious like heavenly Cherubs in their robes.

I heard some gunshots in the distance but I waved it off. "It must one of these vigilantes around", I wondered.

The shots came again this time much louder like it was right behind me.

Before I could say, "James Robinson", masked men with different guns and ammunition ran into the congregation from the doors and windows available. They surrounded the whole church and were speaking in some unknown languages.

The whole church prostrated on their faces in fear. Mum was lying beside me saying her prayers hurriedly, her last maybe. I tried looking for dad with the edge of my eyes. I saw him close to the window, holding my little brother so close to himself.

Just in a twinkle of an eye, they opened fire, shooting sporadically at us. They ignored our shouting and pleas to be spared and continued to empty their bullets into our bodies.

Blood flowed everywhere from the pulpit to the pew. It was my mum's, my dad's, my two siblings and a whole lot of others who were gruesomely mur. dered today.

I paused.

#Blacksunday
©️ King trustGod

Lalasticlala
Re: Black Sunday by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2022
God
Re: Black Sunday by uchaymart(m): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2022
adefitim:
"Onome, wake up. It's 5am already. Go wake your sisters. Let's prepare for church".

That was my dad waking us up to prepare for service this morning. We were to attend a 6am mass and were almost running out of time.

We all hurriedly woke up and prepared. None of us wanted to miss being carried to church with dad's car.

"Kemi, come and help me tie my gele. I can't seem to be getting it properly".

That was my mum calling out to my immediate younger sister.

I looked myself in the mirror one more time and smiled. Everything was just perfect. What a nice outfit to rock on the first Sunday of the month!

"Is everyone done? I'm going".

Daddy said while reaching out to the shelf to pick his bible.

We all joined dad in his car few moments later and he drove us to the church.

The priest was already on the altar when we arrived, with two altar boys beside him bearing the incense.

I looked from where I sat with mum to the choir seat. They were looking all glorious like heavenly Cherubs in their robes.

I heard some gunshots in the distance but I waved it off. "It must one of these vigilantes around", I wondered.

The shots came again this time much louder like it was right behind me.

Before I could say, "James Robinson", masked men with different guns and ammunition ran into the congregation from the doors and windows available. They surrounded the whole church and were speaking in some unknown languages.

The whole church prostrated on their faces in fear. Mum was lying beside me saying her prayers hurriedly, her last maybe. I tried looking for dad with the edge of my eyes. I saw him close to the window, holding my little brother so close to himself.

Just in a twinkle of an eye, they opened fire, shooting sporadically at us. They ignored our shouting and pleas to be spared and continued to empty their bullets into our bodies.

Blood flowed everywhere from the pulpit to the pew. It was my mum's, my dad's, my two siblings and a whole lot of others who were gruesomely mur. dered today.

I paused.

#Blacksunday
©️ King trustGod

Lalasticlala

May their souls continue to rest with God...

May God give the bereaved the fortitude to bear this huge loss...

(1) (Reply)

Police Intercepts Vehicle With 135 Parcels Of Indian Hemp Worth N1.3m In Kano (P / How Many Radio Stations Do You Have In Your State??? / Keke Riders Forced To Pay 500 Naira For Tinubu's 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.