Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Tether Co-founder Thinks Terrausd Crash Could Be The End For Stablecoins - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Tether Co-founder Thinks Terrausd Crash Could Be The End For Stablecoins (192 Views)

Do Kwon’s Terra-luna Revival Plans Mean Terrausd Will Be Abandoned? / ⭐️We Buy $USD₮ (Tether) / Sergei Mavrodi: MMM Founder Buried In Closed Coffin (pic, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tether Co-founder Thinks Terrausd Crash Could Be The End For Stablecoins by coinsazette: 11:25am On Jun 06, 2022
Stablecoins are a type of cryptocurrency that is usually pegged to a real-world asset. TerraUSD or UST, is an algorithmic stablecoin, which was supposed to be pegged to the US dollar.

Whereas stablecoins like Tether and USD Coin are backed by real-world assets such as fiat currencies and government bonds in order to maintain their dollar peg, UST was governed by an algorithm.

Meanwhile, Jeremy Allaire, CEO of Circle — one of the companies behind the issuance of the USDC stablecoin, said he thinks people will continue to work on algorithmic stablecoins.
The collapse of the algorithmic stablecoin TerraUSD has raised questions about the future survival of similar crypto assets and Tether co-founder Reeve Collins believes that the UST crash could spell the end of most algorithmic stablecoins, if not all. In an interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Reeves stated that the TerraUSD collapse "was not a surprise" to him, adding that algorithmic stablecoins have not seen the worst of it yet. In his view, other algorithmic stablecoins might soon follow UST, ultimately bringing their kind to an end.

"It's unfortunate that the money ... was lost, however, it's not a surprise. It's an algorithmic-backed, stablecoin. So it's just a bunch of smart people trying to figure out how to peg something to the dollar,” said Collins speaking to CNBC.

https://coins-gazette.com/post-detail/tether-co-founder-thinks-terrausd-crash-could-be-the-end-for-algorithmic-stablecoins

Re: Tether Co-founder Thinks Terrausd Crash Could Be The End For Stablecoins by EbiJUNIRO(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2022
Can't find where I can create new topic anymore
Please show me

(1) (Reply)

Invest Your Time & Energy In The Right Thing This 2022 Earn Dollars With Google / Rate My Work I’m Professional Roofing Carpenter Call Or Whatsapp Me / So Lovely Roof Check It Out Call Or Whatsapp Me For Your Roofing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.