Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,351 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

A Little Time In Angola - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Little Time In Angola (6040 Views)

A Nairalander First Time On Plane And First Time In Delta / I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable / Seaplane Lands In Bayelsa For The First Time In 21 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:20am On Jul 14, 2022
heartofcity12:
Enjoy boss. Have a great time smiley

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:21am On Jul 14, 2022
Uzomacharles:
What's cost of living over there?

Tbh, I don’t know.
Most of the things i do is been taken care of by company
Re: A Little Time In Angola by Uzomacharles: 7:21am On Jul 14, 2022
emmaodet:

Tbh, I don’t know. Most of the things i do is been taken care of by company
Okay bro
Would be better if you help me ask tho..
Thanks and Enjoy
Re: A Little Time In Angola by okeysoninv: 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
is Angola visa easy now to get ?
Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:32am On Jul 24, 2022
okeysoninv:
is Angola visa easy now to get ?

I think so bro.
Met some guys who came without visa but had to pay $100 each at airport to get visa on arrival
Re: A Little Time In Angola by okeysoninv: 9:34am On Jul 24, 2022
emmaodet:

I think so bro.
Met some guys who came without visa but had to pay $100 each at airport to get visa on arrival
with Nigeria passport?
Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 9:51am On Jul 24, 2022
okeysoninv:
with Nigeria passport?

No.
Filipinos and eastern europeans but i believe same will apply to africans.
Re: A Little Time In Angola by FamousFela(m): 10:07am On Jul 24, 2022
How easy is it getting a job there?
Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2022
FamousFela:
How easy is it getting a job there?

Job keee
It is a very rich country but with poor people like most african countries. Same old stories.
People are looking for job too here unless you are coming as an expert in their oil and gas industry. In that case, you have to apply to a foreign country from nigeria who will then post you to angola.

1 Like

Re: A Little Time In Angola by djbasket(m): 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
emmaodet:

Job keee
It is a very rich country but with poor people like most african countries. Same old stories.
People are looking for job too here unless you are coming as an expert in their oil and gas industry. In that case, you have to apply to a foreign country from nigeria who will then post you to angola.

Hello boss, I just sent you a mail, please reply
Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
djbasket:

Hello boss, I just sent you a mail, please reply

Have replied you bro
Re: A Little Time In Angola by djbasket(m): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
emmaodet:

Have replied you bro

Thanks boss, I just sent a reply
Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:17am On Oct 01, 2022
Sorry for not updating this thread regularly.
Many things on my hand.

So, abobby is finally coming back home.

To flight from Soyo to Luanda

1 Like

Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:19am On Oct 01, 2022
There is direct flight from Luanda to Lagos for 150,000 kwanza roughly $300

1 Like

Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:20am On Oct 01, 2022
Too many Igbos here doing business.
I guess the reason for high traffic between nigeria and Angola.

Luanda is just like Lagos.
When I move around, all I see is a Lagos twins albeit smaller population

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:27am On Oct 01, 2022
Places I wished I had gone to but never had the chances are Lobito and Benguela.

Lobito because it is a nickname of one of my childhood friend so am curious to really know the place and also there is a Lobito block industry in my town here in Nigeria.
The man is very popular and rich with many businesses.

Benguela because that is the predominant water current in Southern Africa. So really want to see the town that the current is named after.
While the predominant current here in west Africa is Guinea current that affects the Gulf of Guinea or Bight of Biafra as it is known, Benguela affects from South Africa to congo.
Characteristics of water areas affected by Benguela is strong current, high swells and waves, too many Sharks in this water.
South Africa and Angola have too many sharks in their water.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:32am On Oct 01, 2022
Also at the ATM machine to withdraw some Kwanzas.

I withdrew 10,000 kwanza from my dollar account and after checking my balance, $24 was deducted which is equivalent of about 17,500 naira black market.
I am still thinking of withdrawing here, convert to dollars and bring back to nigeria while I change at the black market can give any reasonable profit.

2 Likes

Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:35am On Oct 01, 2022
Picture 1 - inside the flight from Soyo to Luanda.

Pictures 2 to 4. At Luanda airport

2 Likes

Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 5:36am On Oct 01, 2022
Picture 2. - Local airport flight Schedule

2 Likes

Re: A Little Time In Angola by cayorday89(m): 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
emmaodet:
Places I wished I had gone to but never had the chances are Lobito and Benguela.

Lobito because it is a nickname of one of my childhood friend so am curious to really know the place and also there is a Lobito block industry in my town here in Nigeria.
The man is very popular and rich with many businesses.

Benguela because that is the predominant water current in Southern Africa. So really want to see the town that the current is named after.
While the predominant current here in west Africa is Guinea current that affects the Gulf of Guinea or Bight of Biafra as it is known, Benguela affects from South Africa to congo.
Characteristics of water areas affected by Benguela is strong current, high swells and waves, too many Sharks in this water.
South Africa and Angola have too many sharks in their water.
Lobito blocks around apakila before camp?
Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
cayorday89:

Lobito blocks around apakila before camp?

grin grin grin grin

lol

No bro.

Lobito is very popular in abk and sagamu reason why i wanted to go there.
Re: A Little Time In Angola by cayorday89(m): 11:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
emmaodet:

grin grin grin grin

lol

No bro.

Lobito is very popular in abk and sagamu reason why i wanted to go there.
I guess he will be the same person, I know one lobito blocks around that Apakila axis when going to Eleweeran/Obantoko from Camp, Alabata or Osiele in Abk.
Re: A Little Time In Angola by BennyDGreat: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2022
emmaodet:
Too many Igbos here doing business.
I guess the reason for high traffic between nigeria and Angola.

Luanda is just like Lagos.
When I move around, all I see is a Lagos twins albeit smaller population

This is surprising. Can hardly find a thread here about going to Angola.
The number of Nigerians there would be minimal sha
Re: A Little Time In Angola by 4ward4: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2022
BennyDGreat:

Currently trying to make a head way on that. I will like having a tourist stay for at least 2 week. the kept asking for an LOI
Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 8:07am On Dec 15, 2022
BennyDGreat:

The number is not that high nor low too.
Angola is a stop over for many Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries.
So flights from Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Mexico and co have stopover there and that is how I met many Nigerians going home.
Re: A Little Time In Angola by BennyDGreat: 11:32am On Dec 15, 2022
emmaodet:

The number is not that high nor low too.
Angola is a stop over for many Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries.
So flights from Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Mexico and co have stopover there and that is how I met many Nigerians going home.

I see....I would love to visit the place and see things.
There's an interview I watched on Channels TV YouTube page.

A Nigerian Billionaire, owner of Erisco food, said he made a lot of his money in Angola....millions in dollars....

It got me thinking sha.....was wondering how he achieved that over there and the investment is still there yielding him returns....

1 Like

Re: A Little Time In Angola by hodari: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
Luanda is the most expensive city in the world. A simple meal at EPIC Sana hotel is KWZ 45,000 ($90).

That said, Talatona suburb is a nice place, lots of things happening. Power in Luanda is stable, I hardly saw generators.

Sadly, the oil & gas boom times are over and without knowing Portuguese, it's next to impossible to survive there.

Overall, if you have lots of money, the place has Miami or Rio de Janeiro vibes.

1 Like

Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
BennyDGreat:

I see....I would love to visit the place and see things.
There's an interview I watched on Channels TV YouTube page.

A Nigerian Billionaire, owner of Erisco food, said he made a lot of his money in Angola....millions in dollars....

It got me thinking sha.....was wondering how he achieved that over there and the investment is still there yielding him returns....

Well, there are igbos there selling spare parts and second hand clothes. Even the bottle water i drank i beleive is owned by an igbo man because he called it Mazi which is like King in igbo if am right.
There are opportunities there because a bag of rice there is about 10k from the price i saw on their tv during comodity news. So bringing such commodities here will generate good income and many other things.
Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2022
hodari:
Luanda is the most expensive city in the world. A simple meal at EPIC Sana hotel is KWZ 45,000 ($90).

That said, Talatona suburb is a nice place, lots of things happening. Power in Luanda is stable, I hardly saw generators.

Sadly, the oil & gas boom times are over and without knowing Portuguese, it's next to impossible to survive there.

Overall, if you have lots of money, the place has Miami or Rio de Janeiro vibes.

Hahaha bro. So you have been there before?

I was in Talatona in september to see a nigerian brother working with schlumberger.....bro, that place is just like our own VI where their rich stays.
The estate i went to meet the bro sef na for big boys there.
Where did you stay there? and you are right, i forsee more poverty for them as the oil era goes down.
Re: A Little Time In Angola by BennyDGreat: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2022
emmaodet:

Well, there are igbos there selling spare parts and second hand clothes. Even the bottle water i drank i beleive is owned by an igbo man because he called it Mazi which is like King in igbo if am right.
There are opportunities there because a bag of rice there is about 10k from the price i saw on their tv during comodity news. So bringing such commodities here will generate good income and many other things.

Omo 10k for bag of rice....rice wey go dey quality oh cos I know quality control will be top-notch there....
Nigeria can do better....we must get it right in 2023....

Too much resources in this nation.
Angola no reach us nau....yet things work there
Re: A Little Time In Angola by emmaodet: 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2022
BennyDGreat:

Omo 10k for bag of rice....rice wey go dey quality oh cos I know quality control will be top-notch there....
Nigeria can do better....we must get it right in 2023....

Too much resources in this nation.
Angola no reach us nau....yet things work there

Well, they were under somehow military rule until recently.

Their former president ruled the country like UUSR style or Abacha style.
Oppositions where either killed or subdued so security wise they were good but it comes with a price, the masses will be poor
Re: A Little Time In Angola by BennyDGreat: 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2022
emmaodet:

Well, they were under somehow military rule until recently.

Their former president ruled the country like UUSR style or Abacha style.
Oppositions where either killed or subdued so security wise they were good but it comes with a price, the masses will be poor

Well...at least businesses were thriving...even though the former leader was ruthless with opposition.

I remember his daughter said to be worth a billion USD some years back...Isabela Dos Santos....

The former president died sometime this year...he took nothing with him....Naija politicians need to understand this thing

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What A Doctor Achieved After Just 3 Years Moving To The UK / My Visit To Kenya. / Hello Nigerians In Burkina Faso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.