Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,049 members, 7,835,539 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

The Real Reason Why Akpabio Stepped Down For Tinubu At The Apc Pres. Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Reason Why Akpabio Stepped Down For Tinubu At The Apc Pres. Primaries (297 Views)

Senate Presidency: Why Akpabio May Lose Support Of Colleagues / I Have Never Seen A Political Gathering Like Kano APC Pres. Rally- Shettima / Why Akpabio Withdrew From Senatorial Rerun - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason Why Akpabio Stepped Down For Tinubu At The Apc Pres. Primaries by edikandavid(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2022
A lot of people have been asking questions, saying so many things and accusing Senator Akpabio of betraying South-South by not standing till the end or paving way for Amaechi.

But, I will tell you why Akpabio can't stand against Ahmed Bola Tinubu during the APC Presidential Primaries.

As far back 2019, when the powers that be came for the 'head' of the then most powerful politician in Akwa Ibom State, the only way his sins can be washed away was for him to swallow his vomits � and join the APC, and he had no other option, or he will see everything he has worked for disappearing into thin air.

During the consultations for his possible defection to the All Progressives Congress, it seemed as if all doors were shut against him, that the move wasn't going to be possible, maybe on the instructions of the leader of the party, stating that he shouldn't be admitted into the party, owing to the part he played in the 2015 elections for the PDP.

On one of his visits to the leaders of the APC, he met with the vice president of Nigeria, Prof Yemi Osinbajo at the Villa, who may have told him that the only person he can talk to at the time was Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, because the president had a soft spot for him, and he bought into the idea and jetted out to meet with the jagagban in Lagos.

After he met with Tinubu, we saw pictures of both of them trending on social media, and it could be that was when the deal for him to join the APC was sealed, and maybe the jagagban might have spoken with President Muhammadu Buhari on his behalf.

A few days later, if not hours, we saw pictures of Godswill Akpabio nearing prostrating before Buhari in London, and those photos were everywhere and it caused a major stir in the Nigerian political system.

Remember, this happened a few days or hours after Akpabio had a meeting with Tinubu.

Then, upon his return to Nigeria, and subsequently Akwa Ibom State, he officially announced his defection to the APC, a party he once addressed as the houseboy party.

How time flies!

For me, for Akpabio to have entered the race, even when he knew he had no chance of winning was a way to pay back and renew his loyalty to Ahmed Bola Tinubu, and that is what he did last night during the APC Presidential Primaries.

My name is Edikan David, and I write from Ibiono Ibom Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.

#MyOneCent

(1) (Reply)

See what Shittu said about Tinubu / 2023: Peter Obi Brags Labour Party’ll Win With 100m Nigerians In Its Structure / Apparently,Tinubu Is Not Muslim Enough Hence The Clamour 4 Muslim/Muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.