Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Every Generalisation Is A Fallacy. Everyone Is Unique. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Every Generalisation Is A Fallacy. Everyone Is Unique. (264 Views)

What Is Unique To Your Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Every Generalisation Is A Fallacy. Everyone Is Unique. by julybaba(m): 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2022
One of the main causes of tribalism is stereotyping people because they belong to a tribe, or have a belief.

Stereotypes are generalisations about a culture or religion and the people or devout of such culture or religion. As we all know, every generalisation is a fallacy.

Firstly, I will share some stereotypes of my people. Some of those include 1. Yoruba people are dirty 2. Nobody parties like a Yoruba man 3. The Yorubas are miserly 4. Yoruba men are promiscuous etc.

I sometimes get offended when I hear these, but what can I do? I'm used to it now. Can people unlearn bad habits? Can people understand the fact that every generalisation is a fallacy?

OK ooo. What are those stereotypes you've heard people say about your religion, culture or tradition that you found offensive & insulting? Please share them.

Re: Every Generalisation Is A Fallacy. Everyone Is Unique. by peterjis: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
Long Distance Moving
You on my own are the accountable celebration for the secure shipping of your household objects at their destination in case you %, load, and haul them. Truck apartment businesses will not compensate you for damages for your items at the same time as you hire their device. San Francisco lengthy distance transferring offerings will take responsibility for objects that they p.C. And flow.

(1) (Reply)

✅✅let Develop All Knds Of Website,,hospital Website,courier , Invesment Php✅✅ / Ruby Vs Sapphire / Caught Red Handed With VAR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.