Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Likely Choices For Tinubu’s VP Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Likely Choices For Tinubu’s VP Candidate (529 Views)

What Happens If Tinubu’s VP Placeholder, Masari, Goes Rogue? / Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate / Caption This Picture Of Tinubu & VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Likely Choices For Tinubu’s VP Candidate by Bamoha(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
After winning the APC presidential primaries, Tinubu might be forced to pick a northern christian as VP because he identifies as a muslim and a Muslim/Muslim ticket might be dangerous for APC.

His options might be between Simon Lalong, Yakubu Dogara and Boss Mustapha.

Simon Lalong is the governor of Plateau state, he has been governor since 2015. He is a lawyer by training and was also the speaker of the Plateau state house of assembly.

Yakubu Dogara is a former speaker of House of reps and he represents Bogoro/Dass/Tafawa Balewa constituency of Bauchi state In the House.

Boss Mustapha is the secretary to the federal government and has held that position since 2017. He was previously the managing director of Nigerian Inland Waterways Authority.

What do you think? Will Asiwaju go for one of these? Or will he go for a northern Muslim like Elrufai or Ganduje instead?

Re: Likely Choices For Tinubu’s VP Candidate by Mooh247: 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Lalong seem to be more popular as the Northern Governors forum chairman

1 Like

Re: Likely Choices For Tinubu’s VP Candidate by thesicilian: 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
At this stage I won't be surprised if I see Abba Kyari as his running mate

1 Like

Re: Likely Choices For Tinubu’s VP Candidate by YeyeGbami: 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
rotimi amaechi
Re: Likely Choices For Tinubu’s VP Candidate by Bamoha(m): 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
Mooh247:
Lalong seem to be more popular as the Northern Governors forum chairman

I agree. He can make the northern governors work for him.
Re: Likely Choices For Tinubu’s VP Candidate by Bamoha(m): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
YeyeGbami:
rotimi amaechi

I dont think they will give a southerner VP.

(1) (Reply)

Roachas Okorocha And Ogbonanya Onu Are Wonderful Politicians Aswear / For Those That Tinubu Has Helped, Please Do This. / If You Think We Are Supporting Peter Obi Because Of Tribe Then

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.