Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. (9667 Views)

Is Festus Okoye & INEC Shameless Or Being Evil? Look At INEC Guidelines / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa To Reveal Contents Of Judicial Panel Report If Tampered With / APGA Complied With INEC Guidelines- Oye APGA National Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by RoyalDiadems: 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
About Network Connectivity, let's continue to watch the system.
INEC really wanted to get it right this time.
Let's continue to watch them, and at the same time, continue to support them

Truly they intend to get it right. Rome actually wasn't built in a day; they've made an excellent and bold start already. We'll support them and leave the rest to God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by saintkeppy(m): 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
My only fear is insecurity in the entire North &South -East.
Corp members recruited to act as an ad-hoc INEC staff should be careful.

With the level of impunity is some states, anti-party activities will take place.

Candidates in some Unpopular political parties will emerge winners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by boladale123: 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
saintkeppy:

They'll bribe so that votes in that polling unit will be counted.

In Nigeria, all this stringency are on paper, it will not translate to reality, pls don't take away bribe, bribery is going to be across board, party agents inclusive. So it is very possible to rig elections.

The best is, after normal accredictation, there comes voting, party agents witness the counting of vote at the polling units, then all party agent will sign the results sheet.

The other way round, transmission of the results immediately for acknowledgement for possible follow up in case of post elections tribunal will be nice too.

Rigging means you are buying votes in this case,and voters may take and chip your money.
The reality is that rigging in the coming election can only happen before the election and vote buying.
I have a dear HOA candidate ,so I very much interested in how to guild our votes.

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
saintkeppy:

They'll bribe so that votes in that polling unit will be counted.
After they finished taking the bribe and counting the wrong votes, how are they going to also increase the number inside the BVAS?? The Guidelines stated clearly that the figures in the BVAS must correspond with the figures recorded on the paper, if not, the Election in such Polling-Unit is voided.. (Even after counting).
And if the Collation officer went ahead and collate the results even with the discrepancies, higher Collation Centers would detect the discrepancies and still flag those Polling-Units.

In Nigeria, all this stringency are on paper, it will not translate to reality, pls don't take away bribe, bribery is going to be across board, party agents inclusive. So it is very possible to rig elections.
This particular Guidelines were properly prepared in order to checkmate the INEC Officials.
We cannot bribe the machine.
And the only input to the BVAS is the Authenticated Voters, not even the number of cards it was able to recognize, but the individual voters themselves.

The best is, after normal accredictation, there comes voting, party agents witness the counting of vote at the polling units, then all party agent will sign the results sheet.
That is what the Guidelines provided for, although, it is not a compulsory requirement that all the parties must counter-sign the sheet, thus if there are parties that didn't counter-sign the result sheets, it doesn't render the sheets invalid.
But then, remember that some Party Agents themselves can also be bought over too?

The other way round, transmission of the results immediately for acknowledgement for possible follow up in case of post elections tribunal will be nice too.
The main reason for the transmission (on e-collation) is not for them to be announced.. They would be kept as a classified information, until the Elections are over.. Then, they can be stored or published too.. That one is left for INEC to decide.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by saintkeppy(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
boladale123:

Rigging means you are buying votes in this case,and voters may take and chip your money.
The reality is that rigging in the coming election can only happen before the election and vote buying.
I have a dear HOA candidate ,so I very much interested in how to guild our votes.

Don't you think INEC officials after collecting bribe can manipulate the system to allow unaccredited electorates to vote??

That means you'll work as party agent to protect the votes of your HOA candidate.

Better still if you can have the voters list in your polling unit, it will be easy before hand, not too sure though.

In this forthcoming elections money will go down! Especially Governorship & HOA elections, Senate & FHoR than Presidential.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by boladale123: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
saintkeppy:

Don't you think INEC officials after collecting bribe can manipulate the system to allow unaccredited electorates to vote??

That means you'll work as party agent to protect the votes of your HOA candidate.

Better still if you can have the voters list in your polling unit, it will be easy before hand, not too sure though.

In this forthcoming elections money will go down! Especially Governorship & HOA elections, Senate & FHoR than Presidential.

I have been involved in many elections,and I know how e dey happen.
Vote buying is going to be the main thing from desperate career politicians and this is even 50/50.
Even if they bribe inec,bvas is the wahala.

What I see happening is that valuable names will win,most desperate ones will fail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
boladale123:

That's just it.
Sharing massive money before the elections..
I wish your dear Candidate Good Luck.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
saintkeppy:

INEC intended to prosecute their own staff who is found wanting.. Whether Adhoc Staff or not. (Section 18-b)
They made it very clear in the guidelines.
They said that they would make their staff sign some documents of oath. (Section 45)
With such documents, they can be held fully responsible for any official misconduct
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by boladale123: 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
That's just it.

He is a young and educated 28 yrs old with good intentions .
Choice of party is NNPP.
We started this movement about 36months ago.
We old ones want to break the career politicians and retire them.
But it won't be easy!!!
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by saintkeppy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
After they finished taking the bribe and counting the wrong votes, how are they going to also increase the number inside the BVAS?? The Guidelines stated clearly that the figures in the BVAS must correspond with the figures recorded on the paper, if not, the Election in such Polling-Unit is voided.. (Even after counting).
And if the Collation officer went ahead and collate the results even with the discrepancies, higher Collation Centers would detect the discrepancies and still flag those Polling-Units.

This is why I mean, they might want to cover-up, except there is a follow-up by opposing parties to check properly

This particular Guidelines were properly prepared in order to checkmate the INEC Officials.
We cannot bribe the machine.
And the only input to the BVAS is the Authenticated Voters, not even the number of cards it was able to recognize, but the individual voters themselves.

OK, but do you think INEC officials will have the time to check all the machines from over 1000 polling units in some states, that means election results to declare the winners take time, as all machines used will be properly scrutinized

That is what the Guidelines provided for.
But then, remember that some Party Agents themselves can also be bought over too?

Yes, I know Party agent can also be bribed too, that's where the business of rigging takes place

OK
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by caracas: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
Let me see how Tinubu will rig Lagos like he always does….
Tinubu n urchins in the mud….

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by caracas: 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
That's just it.
Bro pls explain to me what exactly the BVAS machine does

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by hopman98: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
That is, will you follow them to cast their votes??
Let's correct official rigging first.
And votes-buying will just die a natural death with it
lol, vote buying no go ever end lailai

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by Themandator: 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Confiiirrmm.!!!

Thus, I am going to monitor the Ekiti State and the Osun State Elections full-time based on the provisions of the new INEC Guidelines...
It is going to be very sweet ooo..
Watching the desperate Politicians running helter-sketer trying to manipulate the figures.

If you are ekiti.. Follow it otherwise register here to view all results

https://www.inecelectionresults.ng/login

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by Themandator: 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
hopman98:

Can any of them pay 25000 dollars per voter or it is 2k and 1k

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by dominusgai(m): 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
The document is no longer available for download from INEC.

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:32am On Jun 10, 2022
caracas:

Bro pls explain to me what exactly the BVAS machine does
It is used for Accreditation, uploading of photos of the Results-sheets unto the results viewing portal, and Transmission of the Results Electronically
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:34am On Jun 10, 2022
hopman98:
By the time they started realising that people would eat their money and still vote for their own choices, they would know how far.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 4:38am On Jun 10, 2022
dominusgai:
It's like they took it down..
It's like they have removed it.
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by BluntCrazeMan: 10:12am On Jun 10, 2022
dominusgai:
They have updated it.....
Please try this link here below..
Thanks..
https://inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/REGULATIONS-AND-GUIDELINES-FOR-THE-CONDUCT-OF-ELECTIONS-2022_updtd.pdf
Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by caracas: 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
It is used for Accreditation, uploading of photos of the Results-sheets unto the results viewing portal, and Transmission of the Results Electronically
Alright thanks
This is so helpful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by jimmynauty: 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2022
Let's spread the message on social media and get our pvc

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by dominusgai(m): 4:54am On Jun 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by TheSourcerer: 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
saintkeppy:

OK
hi hello I'm Sorcerer , I'll fancy if i could get your contact on WhatsApp please about the bitcoin ,FX ......

1 Like

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by saintkeppy(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
TheSourcerer:
hi hello I'm Sorcerer , I'll fancy if i could get your contact on WhatsApp please about the bitcoin ,FX ......

Cool cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: INEC Guidelines: A Quick Summary Of The Contents of the INEC Guidelines.. by Mide3367: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2022
You guys forgot to add the reasons i must travel to lagos whenvi have relocated to zaria to vote. No be juju be that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpabio Did Not Collapse At His Birthday Event - Senate, Media Aide / Fuel Scarcity: Timipre Sylva Speaks On Removing Subsidy / Video:body Of Late Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu Arrivin Imo State With Rochas Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.