Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners (6148 Views)

Why Has Fayose Yet To Appoint Commisioners, 8months After?? / Breaking Mews: Prof Jega Sacks Imo Rec Dr Adar. / Jega Sacks Two Electoral Officers In Edo For Disappearance Of Result Sheets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by superior1: 10:30am On Jul 20, 2011
Official information from INEC Headoffice reveals that the electoral body has sacked 11 resident commissioners. They include the Resident Commssioners of Abia, Bauchi, Benue, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Gombe, Taraba, Ogun, Oyo, ebonyi, enugu states

The reason for thier removal is yet to be revealed
more info later
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by superior1: 10:34am On Jul 20, 2011
The news is currently on AIT station
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by ikooko(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2011
Well am waiting for INEC to give sincere reasons but if it has anything to do with conduct of last election, then the election they conducted should be reviewed. There is no point upholding the elections they conducted while relieving them of their jobs; to me it doesn't add up.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by superior1: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2011
The INEC office just revealed they were not actually sacked but their tenure as commissioners has ended.13 commissioners were affected in all
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Greenpro: 11:15am On Jul 20, 2011
If they are tired, let them retire.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by otokx(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2011
He did not sack them.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by ReachRich(m): 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2011
That of Abia should be sacked and arrested for masterminding the rigging spree that took place in Abia.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by maclatunji: 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2011
superior1:

The INEC office just revealed they were not actually sacked but their tenure as commissioners has ended.13 commissioners were affected in all

I am sure their tenure is renewable, dig dipper and you will find some roforofo!
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by NGOXY: 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2011
I think their sack should not be unrelated to their conduct in the last general election, elections in the listed states was highly rigged, i believe that their removal will give back mandate to the masses.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by juliebest(f): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2011
Jega should give us reason for their sack.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Helen33: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2011
na waooooooooo
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by werepeLeri: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2011
ikooko:

Well am waiting for INEC to give sincere reasons but if it has anything to do with conduct of last election, then the election they conducted should be reviewed. There is no point upholding the elections they conducted while relieving them of their jobs; to me it doesn't add up.

daft.

Nigerians - person tenure expire - una say na sack them sack them.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by 5columnist: 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2011
Words have it that on the 25th of this month, Uduaghan will be removed in office because of his rigging activities during the last election, INEC offical from that state will be placed under house arrestand possibly taken to court for breaking electoral laws.
Ogobru may likely emerge the winner of the election in that state or there will be a fresh election conducted in that state owing to available fact that DPP and PDP RIGGED elections in various regions of the state.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by superior1: 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2011
I don't have problem with their tenure ending or their being sacked. What i am curious about is their replacements. For all we know, somebody may have started making 2015 moves already. afterall this is the best time to get their agent into the right places in preparation for next election. Naija watch out
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by MeGaStReEt: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2011
5columnist:

Words have it that on the 25th of this month, Uduaghan will be removed in office because of his rigging activities during the last election, INEC offical from that state will be placed under house arrestand possibly taken to court for breaking electoral laws.
Ogobru may likely emerge the winner of the election in that state or there will be a fresh election conducted in that state owing to available  fact that DPP and PDP RIGGED elections in various regions of the state.
God bless Nigeria.

goodnews
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Sike(m): 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2011
This is just the Beginning! Sorrrry.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by netesy(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2011
wwww.unethical.tk is the best , chack am.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by mckane1: 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2011
GOD is LOVE and if we want to be like Him and see Him we must LOVE
smiley
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by skkutty: 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
I wish the Governorship election in Delta will be cancelled. It was highly flawed
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Roland17(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
Its difficult to comment on this issue, as there is no authoritative source to that news.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by RAJIABEY(m): 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2011
where are we goin to ?
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Spyker: 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2011
So sad, I thought the crook in Rivers State should have been number one but his name was not even mentioned.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by gungume: 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2011
their sacking is of no significance in the field of conducting election in nigeria coz in 2015 nija will go seperate ways,
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by bohboh275(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2011
Jega the big thief sacking other thieves.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Nosyke(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2011
ReachRich:

That of Abia should be sacked and arrested for masterminding the rigging spree that took place in Abia.

Seconded
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2011
gungume:

their sacking is of no significance in the field of conducting election in nigeria coz in 2015 nija will go seperate ways,
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by freepeople: 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
Too bad that Anambra Resident electoral commissioner is no where to be found in the list. After masterminding an attempt to rig out Ngige in Anambra Central Senatorial election
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by petres007(m): 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2011
Abeg, I think the Mods should change the title of this thread as its misleading. I just saw a newsflash on AIT now that said the commissioners"bowed out" because their tenure expired. They were not sacked by Jega.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Aizebioje(m): 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2011
Datz 2 bd.hp reasons were genuine
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Tyche(m): 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
petres_007:

Abeg, I think the Mods should change the title of this thread as its misleading. I just saw a newsflash on AIT now that said the commissioners"bowed out" because their tenure expired. They were not sacked by Jega.

Nairalanders mosttimes behaves like sun newspaper in giving it's captions.
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by Nymphnode(m): 12:21am On Jul 21, 2011
Goodnews to some. Na 11 new jobs be dat for grabs
Re: Breaking News: Jega Sacks 11 Resident Commisioners by malaria(f): 2:10am On Jul 21, 2011
Na wa o! hw dis 1 wan tak put fud 4 mi table nah.inec is jega,jega is Geja,GEJA IS 9Ja.pls dy shuld stop deciving naive minds.i knw am kuria, elecha aghara arị ụjo ọwụ

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Few Things Have Been Confirmed From The Events Of Yesterday At Onitsha. / Obi Sends Condolences to The Family Of Late Asagba Of Asaba, HRM Chike Edozien / Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.