Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage (630 Views)

Frequency Of Sex In A Christian Marriage. / Sexual Practices That Defiles Christian Marriage Bed / Vincent & Faith Nzeakor: Achieving Sexual Orgasm In A Christian Marriage (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 8:32am On Jun 09, 2022
Peace be multiplied to all my fellow believers. Please, I need advice from only people that are Christians and are married. Male and female.

I'm 31 years old and I will finish fully from school by July(due to some delays). So it's not like I'm actually in a rush for marriage since I will still have to work for like 2 or 3 years before I settle down. But I believe that it's not too early to start searching and preparing.

I believe that once a Christian gets married, they are married for life and divorce is not an option for whatever reason except threat to the life. So I don't want to make a mistake that I will regret for the rest of my life.

So please, I just need advice generally from Christians that are already married. I want to know the lessons they've learnt from their marriages and things that single men can avoid. Specifically, I want to know things like; how did you meet your wife? The finance situation in a Christian marriage and the issue of sex in a Christian marriage.

Thanks very much.
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by Romanoff(f): 8:35am On Jun 09, 2022
Any red flag you see in courtship will double and triple in marriage. Marriage doesn't change people.
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by money121(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2022
Olorun awa pelu yi
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:41am On Jun 09, 2022
hahahahahahahaha..

You say as Christians abi, i got 100 over 100 in BK, I also got B2 in CRS,attended Sunday school extensively ,got baptized, served mass for many years...haven't been to a church in 5years though..I think I qualify to comment

Carry me dey go....Jehovah carry my dey go my wife house..

You seek advise from Nairalanders......I foresee breakfast times 6,divorce times 2.....Then las las Jail for murder. This I've seen.

Cheating has a no religion fam....Even Jesus christ didn't allow them stone the prostitute in the Bible. Condemn none,love all... Stop looking for Jesus sent,e no dey..Get your sh€t together and look for money first a student..You never graduate,you never see work, you dey find permanent Vagi..na...it's not nice na

Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by collinsfhk(m): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2022
Please don't judge by people's experience, what didn't work for A might work for B. You are YOU, and a different breed.

Start praying not to make mistake in marriage and divine guidance. There are wolves in sheep clothing. Also work on yourself to be a good husband. Peter never knew that what it will take to deny Christ was in Him though he sincerely loved Christ. We know in part.

In terms of finance, allow God guide you. When you go in at the right time and with the right person, you don't have problem. Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Finally, at all cost, avoid sex before marriage.

Stay blessed
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by chatinent: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2022
No two marriages can be the same. All you need to have is understanding, the not-always-right mentality, and genuine love. When you have these, trust comes naturally.

Marriage is a beautiful thing. Stop looking for challenges and start training yourself on how to be able to surmount challenges.

More so, have you see the woman you want to marry?
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 8:53am On Jun 09, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
hahahahahahahaha..

You say as Christians abi, i got 100 over 100 in BK, I also got B2 in CRS,attended Sunday school extensively ,got baptized, served mass for many years...haven't been to a church in 5years though..I think I qualify to comment

Carry me dey go....Jehovah carry my dey go my wife house..

You seek advise from Nairalanders......I foresee breakfast times 6,divorce times 2.....Then las las Jail for murder. This I've seen.

Cheating has a no religion fam....Even Jesus christ didn't allow them stone the prostitute in the Bible. Condemn none,love all... Stop looking for Jesus sent,e no dey..Get your sh€t together and look for money first a student..You never graduate,you never see work, you dey find permanent Vagi..na...it's not nice na

Christianity is not about head knowledge it's about relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

I've done my final exams, it's just project defence and one GES course that's remaining and convocation is in July. I'm not going for Nysc, so i will start working immediately (I'm believing God to provide a good job for me). Anyways, i still don't think it's too early to start preparing my mind. It's not that I want to get married today. I just want to know people's experience in marriage, so that I won't make the same mistakes others have made.

Are you married? What are the challenges in your marriage?

I reject your demonic prophecies btw.
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 8:57am On Jun 09, 2022
collinsfhk:
Please don't judge by people's experience, what didn't work for A might work for B. You are YOU, and a different breed.

Start praying not to make mistake in marriage and divine guidance. There are wolves in sheep clothing. Also work on yourself to be a good husband. Peter never knew that what it will take to deny Christ was in Him though he sincerely loved Christ. We know in part.

In terms of finance, allow God guide you. When you go in at the right time and with the right person, you don't have problem. Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Finally, at all cost, avoid sex before marriage.

Stay blessed

Thanks for the advice. How did you choose your wife?
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 8:59am On Jun 09, 2022
Romanoff:
Any red flag you see in courtship will double and triple in marriage. Marriage doesn't change people.

Thanks. Noted
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by WatchYourSix: 8:59am On Jun 09, 2022
michaelwestern:
Peace be multiplied to all my fellow believers. Please, I need advice from only people that are Christians and our married. Male and female.

I'm 31 years old and I will finish fully from school by July(due to some delays). So it's not like I'm actually in a rush for marriage since I will still have to work for like 2 or 3 years before I settle down. But I believe that it's not too early to start searching and preparing.

I believe that once a Christian gets married, they are married for life and divorce is not an option for whatever reason except threat to the life. So I don't want to make a mistake that I will regret for the rest of my life.

So please, I just need advice generally from Christians that are already married. I want to know the lessons they've learnt from their marriages and things that single men can avoid. Specifically, I want to know things like; how did you meet your wife? The finance situation in a Christian marriage and the issue of sex in a Christian marriage.

Thanks very much.

While you pray and remain spiritual...u need to be street smart....there are retired olosho, morally bankrupt women out there tgat will do anything just to become a MRS....thats their aim...and i dont mean prostitutes at allen junction....I mean your normal classmate, your colleague forming good girl but into coded runs and sleeping with alhajis for money....

Read benee1000 thread for some street smart tips..

..jesus said be gentle as doves but be shrewd as serpents
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2022
michaelwestern:

Christianity is not about head knowledge it's about relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

I've done my final exams, it's just project defence and one GES course that's remaining and convocation is in July. I'm not going for Nysc, so i will start working immediately (I'm believing God to provide a good job for me). Anyways, i still don't think it's too early to start preparing my mind. It's not that I want to get married today. I just want to know people's experience in marriage, so that I won't make the same mistakes others have made.

Are you married? What are the challenges in your marriage?

I reject your demonic prophecies btw.

So why did I suffer myself going through all that if not to learn about christ and believe.. ?

Why do pastors read bibles if not for headsense in christ?

You don confuse me like this oo..So I'm not a Christian bai. You wan judge me abi?
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 9:02am On Jun 09, 2022
chatinent:
No two marriages can be the same. All you need to have is understanding, the not-always-right mentality, and genuine love. When you have these, trust comes naturally.

Marriage is a beautiful thing. Stop looking for challenges and start training yourself on how to be able to surmount challenges.

More so, have you see the woman you want to marry?

That's the major challenge. How will I know the right person?
Is it by hearing directly from God or following your heart?
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

So why did I suffer myself going through all that if not to learn about christ and believe.. ?

Why do pastors read bibles if not for headsense in christ?

You don confuse me like this oo..So I'm not a Christian bai. You wan judge me abi?

I did not say that head knowledge is not important, you have to start from somewhere. But head knowledge has to develop into revelational knowledge and faith in God which enables you to build a relationship with God. Which is true Christianity.

I don't know if you're a Christian or not. So I'm not judging you.
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by chatinent: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2022
michaelwestern:

That's the major challenge. How will I know the right person?
Is it by hearing directly from God or following your heart?

God doesn't talk to anyone directly. You have to make a move now. There are many nice girls in almost everywhere!
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2022
michaelwestern:

I did not say that head knowledge is not important, you have to start from somewhere. But head knowledge has to develop into revelational knowledge and faith in God which enables you to build a relationship with God. Which is true Christianity.

I don't know if you're a Christian or not. So I'm not judging you.

oh good...Okay I am a Christian...

I think if you chase money,girls will chase you and from there you can select who you love to spend your money on for the rest of your life with christ as the rock

You Gerrit.?
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
michaelwestern:
2. . I believe that once a Christian gets married, they are married for life and divorce is not an option for whatever reason except threat to the life. So I don't want to make a mistake that I will regret for the rest of my life.

3. So please, I just need advice generally from Christians that are already married. I want to know the lessons they've learnt from their marriages and things that single men can avoid. Specifically, I want to know things like; how did you meet your wife? The finance situation in a Christian marriage and the issue of sex in a Christian marriage.

Thanks very much.
1. There are no such things as Christian marriages to begin with since over 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ, in affirming God's judgement in Genesis 3 vs 16 against even marriage of men, declared that your marriages are of this world(unholy) and not of the Kingdom of God( Christian)- Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. undecided

2. Jesus Christ never taught His followers that divorce is sin so it is meaningless to pretend marriage a prison which you have to somehow endure pretending you do so for His sake. God allows divorce as an option for those who belong to Him. So what you believe of marriage is instead a lie. undecided

You make an even bigger mistake thinking you can honor God by doing that which is not of God in His name. undecided

3. God, in the beginning, defined marriage as an agreement between a man and woman, and it is simple as that. So it is expected you find for your own self a woman that is compatible with you in the way you desire, not in the way of others. Also of importance is the fact that since God's curse on marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16 is that of submission, should you desire Salvation from God's curse as offered by Jesus Christ, you refuse to bow to the curse of submission in marriage. Instead those who belong to Jesus Christ are equals and the only Head over each and everyone of them being Jesus Christ - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 undecided
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by Bluebrain101: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
Read Paul letters to Galatians to see his advice on marriage

Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
Bluebrain101:
Read Paul letters to Galatians to see his advice on marriage

I'm actually looking for personal experiences and not just doctrine. I think a lot of people miss the significance of the book of Acts in the Bible. Doctrine is good but it's also good to learn from the experiences of others.

I'm not looking for 10 steps on how to have a successful marriage. It's good to have practical examples from people.
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

oh good...Okay I am a Christian...

I think if you chase money,girls will chase you and from there you can select who you love to spend your money on for the rest of your life with christ as the rock

You Gerrit.?

You shouldn't live your life chasing after money. Seek first the kingdom of God and money will be added unto you.
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
chatinent:

God doesn't talk to anyone directly. You have to make a move now. There are many nice girls in almost everywhere!

How can you be a Christian and believe God doesn't speak to believers
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There are no such things as Christian marriages to begin with since over 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ, in affirming God's judgement in Genesis 3 vs 16 against even marriage of men, declared that your marriages are of this world(unholy) and not of the Kingdom of God( Christian)- Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. undecided

2. Jesus Christ never taught His followers that divorce is sin so it is meaningless to pretend marriage a prison which you have to somehow endure pretending you do so for His sake. God allows divorce as an option for those who belong to Him. So what you believe of marriage is instead a lie. undecided

You make an even bigger mistake thinking you can honor God by doing that which is not of God in His name. undecided

3. God, in the beginning, defined marriage as an agreement between a man and woman, and it is simple as that. So it is expected you find for your own self a woman that is compatible with you in the way you desire, not in the way of others. Also of importance is the fact that since God's curse on marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16 is that of submission, should you desire Salvation from God's curse as offered by Jesus Christ, you refuse to bow to the curse of submission in marriage. Instead those who belong to Jesus Christ are equals and the only Head over each and everyone of them being Jesus Christ - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 undecided

You're a very funny person o. Na advice I need o.
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
michaelwestern:
You're a very funny person o. Na advice I need o.
And you don't see how what I have given you here is only that which Jesus Christ Himself taught His followers. undecided

There are no special for Marriage in the Kingdom of God since marriage is not of the Kingdom of God, but of the world of men. So you are expected by God to obey all almost 100 commandments He has given you through Jesus Christ regardless of your earthly marital status.. undecided
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2022
michaelwestern:

You shouldn't live your life chasing after money. Seek first the kingdom of God and money will be added unto you.

then apply it to the women...

Seek first the kingdom of heaven and women will be added unto you like King Solomon.

Lobatan
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by Ken4Christ: 12:58am On Jun 10, 2022
michaelwestern:
Peace be multiplied to all my fellow believers. Please, I need advice from only people that are Christians and are married. Male and female.

Thanks very much.

First, get born again if you are not yet born again. To be born again is to accept Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Saviour.

Second, receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit. He is the helper sent to help us. He will guide you to make the right choice.

Third - Be committed in your service to God in the local church you worship. The scripture says that we should seek his kingdom first and things we desire will be added.

Fourth - Have a stable job as a man. Marriage without money might crash. Besides, you should be responsible as a man.

Fifth - Decide on the kind of woman you want to spend the rest of your life with. But she must also be born again. Write down the qualities you want to see in her.

Sixth - Commit it to God in prayer and ask God to direct your steps to meet such a woman.

Seventh - Make friends with godly people. It is in the cause of your interactions you will meet with your spouse.

Eight - When you see such a person, get closer and read her body language.

Nine - Get to know her better by asking questions.

Ten - If the affection you feel for her is strong and persist for a long time, tell her you want to start a relationship with her that could lead to marriage.

Eleven - Avoid sex as much as possible. It could ruin the relationship.

Twelve - Let your pastor and parents know about it. They will give you additional counsel.

I hope this tips were useful?
Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by michaelwestern(m): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ken4Christ:

First, get born again if you are not yet born again. To be born again is to accept Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Saviour.

Second, receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit. He is the helper sent to help us. He will guide you to make the right choice.

Third - Be committed in your service to God in the local church you worship. The scripture says that we should seek his kingdom first and things we desire will be added.

Fourth - Have a stable job as a man. Marriage without money might crash. Besides, you should be responsible as a man.

Fifth - Decide on the kind of woman you want to spend the rest of your life with. But she must also be born again. Write down the qualities you want to see in her.

Sixth - Commit it to God in prayer and ask God to direct your steps to meet such a woman.

Seventh - Make friends with godly people. It is in the cause of your interactions you will meet with your spouse.

Eight - When you see such a person, get closer and read her body language.

Nine - Get to know her better by asking questions.

Ten - If the affection you feel for her is strong and persist for a long time, tell her you want to start a relationship with her that could lead to marriage.

Eleven - Avoid sex as much as possible. It could ruin the relationship.

Twelve - Let your pastor and parents know about it. They will give you additional counsel.

I hope this tips were useful?

Thanks. You've been a great help. I don't know why people are afraid to share their experiences. Is it that no one has a good marriage?

1 Like

Re: Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage by Ken4Christ: 10:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
michaelwestern:

Thanks. You've been a great help. I don't know why people are afraid to share their experiences. Is it that no one has a good marriage?

You are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Gays And Lesbians. You Need To Read This / Yul Edochie Quits Acting To Answer 'god's Call', Opens His Own Church 'true Salv / Please Write Your Condolence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.