Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise (816 Views)

Moscow Offers Update On Casualties From Ukraine Conflict / Heavy Explosion Outside Kabul Airport, Casualties Unclear - Pentagon / US Troops Were Injured In Iran Missile Attack Despite US Denying Casualties -CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Hanibbal(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Cases of desertion are growing every week in the Ukrainian army, according to a leaked intelligence report, as up to 200 of its outgunned soldiers are being killed every day in the eastern Donbas region.

Kyiv’s troops are outnumbered 20 to one in artillery and 40 to one in ammunition by the Kremlin’s forces in the area, the leaked Ukrainian intelligence report reveals.

Mykhailo Podolyak, a senior aide to the Ukrainian president, on Thursday said the battle over the war-town country’s industrial heartlands was so intense that Kyiv is suffering up to 200 military casualties per day. The previous upper limit was given as 100 soldiers.

Russia has managed to gain the upper hand in the Donbas because of its superior long-range weaponry.

Mr Podolyak said Ukraine’s armed forces need donations of hundreds of the most powerful artillery systems to compete with Moscow’s forces, not the handful being sent by Western governments.

The intelligence dossier, drawn up by Ukrainian and Western officials, warns of the growing risk of demoralised Ukrainian soldiers going AWOL.

The worsening situation in the Donbas is having a “seriously demoralising effect on Ukrainian forces as well as a very real material effect; cases of desertion are growing every week”, according to the report seen by the Independent.

Using heavy artillery for cover, the Russian military restarted its attempt to encircle the pocket of Ukrainian resistance in the Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, the two halves of the eastern Donbas region.

According to the Ukrainian military, Moscow’s forces are bombarding Kyiv’s defensive positions across the entire line of contact in the area.

In Severodonetsk, the last major Ukrainian-held city in Luhansk, Ukrainian troops face constant bombardment with little means of hitting back at Russia’s artillery positions.

Russia has also resumed offensive operations to encircle their defensive positions and cut off Kyiv’s supply lines into the city.

In its latest report, the Institute for the Study of War, a US-based think tank, said Russian forces were attempting to merge their operations in Izyum and Popasna.

Military analysts said Moscow was amassing troops south of Izyum, the city considered the gateway to the Donbas, in order to launch a major offensive towards the town of Slovyansk.

In its own intelligence update, Britain’s Ministry of Defence said Moscow is attempting “to regain momentum in this area in order to put further pressure on Severodonetsk, and to give it the option of advancing deeper into the Donetsk Oblast”.

If the Kremlin’s offensive drive is successful, it would leave Ukrainian troops almost entirely encircled by Russia’s forces in Severodonetsk.

Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine’s president, has said that the fate of the Donbas lies in the fierce fight for the embattled city.

In his address late on Wednesday, Mr Zelensky said: “[On] the 105th day of the full-scale war, Severodonetsk remains the epicentre of the confrontation in Donbas. We are defending our positions and inflicting significant losses on the enemy. This is a very fierce battle, very difficult.

“Probably one of the hardest for this war, to everyone who defends in this direction. In many respects the fate of Donbas is being decided there.”

Western rocket supplies slow to arrive
Local officials have bemoaned the lack of long-range firepower available to Ukrainian troops, with Russians able to strike them from vast distances.

“The Russians are seeking to utilise their advantage in the time they have by using their artillery to try and break through Ukrainian defences in the Donbas,” the Ukrainian intelligence report states.

It adds: “The tactical situation on the Eastern front is as follows … the Ukrainian side has almost completely run out of stocks of missiles for MLRS of Smerch and Uragan types, which made it possible to effectively deter Russian offensives in the first months of the war at distances of [37 to 50 miles].

“Today, the maximum range of fire of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is [15.5 miles]. This is the range at which 152/155mm calibre artillery and the Grad MLRS units remaining in service can fire.”

Western governments, including the UK and US, have promised to send Kyiv powerful multiple-launch rocket systems capable of striking targets up to 80 miles away, but deliveries have been slow, sources say.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/06/09/ukraines-soldiers-face-200-daily-casualties-desertion-rise/#:~:text=Cases%20of%20desertion%20are%20growing,in%20the%20eastern%20Donbas%20region.

Cc: lalasticlala

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Teaser4(m): 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
This na propaganda from putin toilet paper, dem Dey come for your head bro… na Russian soldiers dey japa…. Lmao….

Enthusiasm don drop drastically on the western side, reality wey no send anybody, make dem Dey win online Dey go, only God knows the current scores of Russian soldiers wey don die according to the Kiev independent trash news outlets. That one hear no update us about the numbers of Russian colonels and general wey don die again… hahahahaha

Where was the 20% Dey reclaimed hahaha… are they tired?

Mother Russia is just getting started

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Hanibbal(m): 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
Teaser4:
This na propaganda from putin toilet paper, dem Dey come for your head bro… na Russian soldiers dey japa…. Lmao….

Enthusiasm don drop drastically on the western side, reality wey no send anybody, make dem Dey win online Dey go, only God knows the current scores of Russian soldiers wey don die according to the Kiev independent trash news outlets. That one hear no update us about the numbers of Russian colonels and general wey don die again… hahahahaha

Where was the 20% Dey reclaimed hahaha… are they tired?

Mother Russia is just getting started

This is coming from Zelensky's aide himself so they can only argue with their keyboards.

Igbofam / igbofam2 britishnaija what do you guys fink. cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Teaser4(m): 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
Hanibbal:

This is coming from Zelensky's aide himself so they can only argue with their keyboards.

Igbofam / igbofam2 britishnaija what do you guys fink. cheesy grin
lol I know bro, at least the source get co. uk at the back no be ru

Dem go run from this kind of thread

Plaindealer and voiceoforiental dem Dey call una ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
Good, they should all go home. Let Zelensky go to the war front.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 09, 2022
Teaser4:
lol I know bro, at least the source get co. uk at the back no be ru

Dem go run from this kind of thread

Plaindealer and voiceoforiental dem Dey call una ooo

Whenever you quote me, be very assured that I will answer, and when did you Started believing western media outlets, i thought they are propaganda and fake news peddlers? ?
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Balogunodua(m): 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
grin grin
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Teaser4(m): 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2022
BritishNaija:

Whenever you quote me, be very assured that I will answer, and when did you Started believing western media outlets, i thought they are propaganda and fake news peddlers? ?
what is the thing? Abi you wear bra for face? Shey I sabi you from Adam ni…. Who quote who? Na you be Plaindealer or Voiceoriental… seems you’re high on cheap crack…. Abeg slide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Guyman02: 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2022
Western media is tired of the lies which people are not buying, so now they are facing reality of the huge losses by Ukraine, meanwhile their fellow citizens are no longer distracted by Zelensky broadcasting every night on green Tshirt with the galloping inflation and high energy prices reducing family livelihoods.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by DerrickzB: 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
This is unacceptable!!! Lies from Putin’s arm pit!! Ukraine has recovered 20% of its land and Russian forces are on the run!!! 55 Russian generals are dead, 75, colonels are also dead and as I speak now there is serious bombardment of Russian forces along popasna…

For more jokes, Text Zelensky to 41905!!!

Ndi ara grin cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:24am On Jun 10, 2022
DerrickzB:
This is unacceptable!!! Lies from Putin’s arm pit!! Ukraine has recovered 20% of its land and Russian forces are on the run!!! 55 Russian generals are dead, 75, colonels are also dead and as I speak now there is serious bombardment of Russian forces along popasna…

Ndi ara grin cheesy

This got me laughing lol.
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Hanibbal(m): 7:11am On Jun 10, 2022
DerrickzB:

Ndi ara grin cheesy

Hahaha grin

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Teaser4(m): 8:38am On Jun 10, 2022
BritishNaija:

Quit wasting your time. Asking you Senior if he or She is high on crack is insult.
lol, you my senior lmaoo… I don Dey use nairaland before you bought your first cheap phone…. Kindly stay off my mention. If you mention me once again, you won’t a nice reply or no reply

1 Like

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 10, 2022
Teaser4:
lol, you my senior lmaoo… I don Dey use nairaland before you bought your first cheap phone…. Kindly stay off my mention. If you mention me once again, you won’t a nice reply or no reply

Then if you take the year you started using nairaland as seniority, Then you must be a toddler.

By the way, I lost access to my first ID and was using NL before the first font was changed and during the time of 190, gaby and some old members no more active.
You don't own or dreaming to own a phone when i was using mobile phones, Just go and thank OBJ.
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Teaser4(m): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2022
BritishNaija:

Then if you take the year you started using nairaland as seniority, Then you must be a toddler.

By the way, I lost access to my first ID and was using NL before the first font was changed and during the time of 190, gaby and some old members no more active.
You don't own or dreaming to own a phone when i was using mobile phones, Just go and thank OBJ.
i never ask you to shalaye just click on that profile. How old were you in 2009? I’ve been using nl since late 2008, na 09 I con register….

Next time read messages wella before you react, if I talk say you’re high on anything, that’s no insult kid (in my dictionary). If I curse you then dat na insult. I no Dey insult anyone here anymore. Besides, no be me quote you sef, your young blood just Dey hot…. Stay off my mention pls.

You’re just another troll. Nah my last reply be this.
I don’t wanna get dirty with you.
Ciao

1 Like

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2022
Teaser4:
i never ask you to shalaye just click on that profile(How old are in 2009, I’ve been using nl since late 2008, na 09 I con register)….

Next time read messages wella before you react, if I talk say you’re high on anything, that’s no insult kid (in my dictionary). If I curse you then dat na insult. I no Dey insult anyone here anymore. Besides, no be me quote you sef, your young blood just Dey hot…. Stay off my mention pls.

You’re just another troll. Nah my last reply be this.
I don’t wanna get dirty with you.
Ciao

I'm still letting you know that the fact you Registered 2009 still makes you young, If i wanted to be A Mod with my lost ID, I would have, We were using nairaland when mukina and seun were the sole moderators.
Don't get cocky because you thought I was a new member.

I don't do trolling, But tell it to ya face.
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by shogsman(m): 11:04am On Jun 10, 2022
DerrickzB:

Ndi ara grin cheesy
Lmao

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by shogsman(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2022
BritishNaija:

That is nothing to strut about, y'all pioneers made this forum this shithole it is today

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Discombulator: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2022
Blatant lies, 350,000 Russia soldiers has been killed in 2 months,with the remaining reserve in Russia running away, putin is currently seeking asylum in South Africa as Ukraine takes over Moscow and st Petersburg,the naira now has more worth than the ruble.
Information coming from the comedian zelensky himself.

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2022
shogsman:

That is nothing to strut about, y'all pioneers made this forum this shithole it is today

Lolz, I think that should be directed towards the owner. By the way, A lot of Kids have taken over this forum tho.
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Carloslehder: 11:31am On Jun 10, 2022
BritishNaija:

Lolz, I think that should be directed towards the owner. By the way, A lot of Kids have taken over this forum tho.
It is the crap you OG members started that the new ones inherited
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Hanibbal(m): 11:37am On Jun 10, 2022
Discombulator:
Blatant lies, 350,000 Russia soldiers has been killed in 2 months,with the remaining reserve in Russia running away, putin is currently seeking asylum in South Africa as Ukraine takes over Moscow and st Petersburg,the naira now has more worth than the ruble.

No kee me abeg grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by AfriqueDuZuid: 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
Discombulator:

This is insanaty at best
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by seunny4lif(m): 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ukrainian Minister of Defense Reznikov: "The weapons that have already arrived in Ukraine would be enough for a victorious resistance against any army in Europe, but not against the Russian Federation" grin grin grin grin

Did he just insulted the EU army cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Hanibbal(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
seunny4lif:
Ukrainian Minister of Defense Reznikov: "The weapons that have already arrived in Ukraine would be enough for a victorious resistance against any army in Europe, but not against the Russian Federation" grin grin grin grin

Did he just insulted the EU army cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lols... Reality don set in.
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by seunny4lif(m): 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hanibbal:

Lols... Reality don set in.
The matter hard cheesy cheesy
Re: Ukraine’s Soldiers Face 200 Daily Casualties With Desertion On The Rise by Kingsley10000: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2022
Putin is strong grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wagner Leader (Prigozhin) Shares Graphic Video Of Wagner Fighters Killed Today / Isreal Bombs Saint Porphyrius Orthodox Church In Gaza / France Paid Canada 200 Dollars Per Kg Of Uranium And Niger 50 Cents For Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.