Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Breaking: Peter Obi's Challenger At Labour Party Withdraws From Presidentia Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Peter Obi's Challenger At Labour Party Withdraws From Presidentia Race (242 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Dancing At Labour Party Rally, Chided By Twitter Follower / Aisha Yesufu At Labour Party Presidential Rally In Nasarawa State (Pictures) / Video Of Faduri Oluwadare Stepping Down For Peter Obi At Labour Party Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Peter Obi's Challenger At Labour Party Withdraws From Presidentia Race by ECASH120: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
According to reports, Mr. Jude Ezenwafor, who was running for president of the Labour Party as a factional candidate, has decided to withdraw from the race. The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide, which was led by Mazi Okwu Nnabuike, had issued an ultimatum to Ezenwafor, demanding that he withdraw from the competition. According to what DAILY POST has learned, he made the choice and then communicated it to the national leadership of his faction of the party via a letter. In the letter that was going around online, he said that the choice to withdraw was one that he had made for personal reasons and he pleaded with his followers to understand him. The following is an excerpt from the letter: "I now withdraw my candidacy for the upcoming Presidential Election in 2023." Following discussions with backers from throughout the country, I came to the conclusion that it was best for me to step down. "I deeply apologize for any inconvenience that my withdrawal may cause to our wonderful Party. I would want to express my gratitude to the leadership of our wonderful Party for providing me with the opportunity to serve Nigeria. This comes after the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, commonly known as MASSOB, issued an ultimatum to him. Both the Independent National Electoral Commission, generally known as INEC, and the Nigeria Labour Congress, better known as NLC, had already expelled Ezenwafor and his side from their organizations. Following this turn of events, former Anambra Governor and current Presidential candidate for the party Mr. Peter Obi is in a strong position to win the election. Mazi Okwu Nnabuike, the President-General of OYC, was contacted about the new development. In response, he stated that the letter of withdrawal was insufficient and emphasized that Ezenwafor should do a broadcast in order for us to be convinced. At any time, he is free to deny having written the letter.

(1) (Reply)

2023: #wemuuuuve Movement 2.0 Has Begun!! / If A Muslim/muslim Wins Mark This.. / Nigerians Should Watch Out For This At The Presidential Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.