Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,523 members, 7,847,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya (698 Views)

Definition Of APC By Dino Melaye / Osinbajo, Tinubu Taking APC By Storm / For Ambode, No Respite Yet In Lagos APC By Temidayo Akinsuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by ngofficial: 12:52am On Jun 10, 2022
SINS OF THE SOUTHEASTERN APC by Abdul Yahaya, Abuja.
The last thing anyone who follows my writings and analysis can accuse me of is being a regional fanatic nor can one label me as someone who does not wish well for any region of our beloved country but as someone with a conscious pen and a curious believer of facts and common reason. What baffles me is the audacity and sense of entitlement being displayed by the Southeast and that it even dares to ask for the Ruling parties (APC) presidential ticket after all the events of the past six (6) general elections since the return to democratic rule in the year 1999. In relation to the APC, The Southeast has through the years shown clearly it does not associate with anything that has to do with the party from its years as an opposition party down to its emergence as the ruling party and the following are Notable scenarios which asserts this motion; Southeastern Politicians such as; Rochas Okorocha, Prof. Dave Umahi and Orji Uzo Kalu who decamp from other parties to the APC and those few who have long been in opposition (Ogbonnaya Onu, Chris Ngige, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba etc.) are despised by their own people for simply associating with the party.

Even the current president (Muhammadu Buhari) who is considered by many political analysts and historians as the most loved and followed politician in the entire country draws what can be called embarrassing number of votes from the region not minding whoever he is contesting against (Obasanjo 1999,2003, Yar'adua2007, Goodluck Jonathan 2011,2015,Atiku Abubakar 2019) even while he chose some of the regions illustrious sons (Edwinwin Ume- Ezeoke, 2007 and Dr. Chuba Okadigbo,2003, as his running mates.
Another argument is the regions sympathetic nature towards separatist agitations (IPOB/ESN) good example is Governor Charles Soludo's New found Bromance with the leadership of IPOB/ESN and the peoples obedience and compliance to the illegal sit-at-home bestowed by the Proscribed IPOB which has crippled the region’s economy and threatens the stability, progress and security of the region and country at large.

Over the Years the region has refused to heed warnings from political analysts against putting all its eggs in one basket and breeding enmity with other regions politically especially those of Northern orientation( which arguably controls the political atmosphere in the country due to its large number of electorates a good example is its defiant voting pattern which unanimously showed its rejection of the APC such as in the 2015 general election which ironically brought the APC to power, the Southeastern region voted overwhelmingly for the ruling parties(PDP) candidate whereby the President-elect from that election Muhammadu Buhari didn't get the required 25% votes from any of the five(5) states of the region so also in the 2019 general elections.

Finally, the Southeast should learn from the Southwest politically as that will do a lot of good because the region and its political class are simply trying to reap where it did not sow!

1 Like

Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 10, 2022
ENOUGH OF IGBO DRAGGING FOR NOW
HAUSA/FULANI ARE THE MAJOR PROBLEM IN NIGERIA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by Kingspin(m): 12:59am On Jun 10, 2022
lgbo Presidency.

Many Nigerians give excuses because they don't want to come out clean.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by ngofficial: 12:59am On Jun 10, 2022
jerseyboy:
ENOUGH OF IGBO DRAGGING FOR NOW
HAUSA/FULANI ARE THE MAJOR PROBLEM IN NIGERIA

Read more at naija go o dies . com. ng / the - sins- of -the - southeastern-apc/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by Kenneth4u205(m): 2:02am On Jun 10, 2022
Northerners has been ruling Nigeria for years ,yet they are the poverty capital of Nigeria. Also disease/physical disability capital of Nigeria.

What makes a tribe great is not presidency but the mindset of it inhabitants. Igbo man being president Tommorow will not increase or reduce the money in my bank account.

The only thing Igbo man need is a president that understand economy irrespective of his tribe . Wrong economic policies like that of Buhari can ruin a genuine business.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by Tomek09(m): 2:09am On Jun 10, 2022
Dead this useless narrative. SouthEast has no regrets rejecting Buhari and APC in 2015 and 2019 and will still reject it again in 2023.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by MadamExcellency: 3:01am On Jun 10, 2022
Who is this fo.ol?

Mumu analysis. This is why we need parliamentary system of government. A representative per specific number of voters.
Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by mrvitalis(m): 3:07am On Jun 10, 2022
This argument is house vogue at best and very empty ...

Igbos in APC are dispissed yet APC has won multiple elections in south east ....I dare anyone to tell me any election in the south east APC had the best candidate and lost ...I would wait ?

Igbos should learn from yorubas ? What did yorubas do ? Support a northerner over a Southerner or us their anything else ? ...haven't the Igbos been doing that ? No region has supported other regions more than Igbos

It's funny things is same people would come and say Igbos dont support their own and same people would say Igbos need to build bridge

Onu nurtured APC , stepped down for Yoruba interest , loyal to Buhari and north yet got one vote

And you all come here to speak lubbish ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by revolt(m): 3:58am On Jun 10, 2022
But the south east supported ATIKU AND OBJ ... AGAINST OJUKWU SEf... see how all these idiots analyze politics. So APC now represents other ethnicities?.. S.E saw the disaster buhari was and will reject him in the next 9 lives. I'm sure his supporters are enjoying the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by Madmohamed123: 7:04am On Jun 10, 2022
Nonsense this man don't know who we are if buhari come back to contest again my people will never vote for him never even if he pick me as VP i will never vote for him.

We know what is good and bad market buhari is bad market to Nigeria and everyone knows that

People pretending to love Buhari because he still in power just wait after election Aso Rock will be like grave yard.

No body will like to associate whit him.

1 Like

Re: Sins Of The South-eastern APC By Abdul Yahaya by AbdhulYahaya(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
Nigeria is for everybody, so also it is for nobody in particular. it is only by this doctrine that we all can move forward without any sense of entitlement nor disregard for hardwork

(1) (Reply)

Picture: Peter Obi Is A Tribal Bigot / Online Voter Registration Update As At 7am 6th June, 2022 / This Man Spoke Into The Future. Pic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.