Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas (811 Views)

Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu: Who Would You Prefer As President Among The 3 In 2023? / Fallacies Of Ethnic Agendas, By Fredrick Nwabufo / Why Nigeria Is Not Interested In African Agendas Like Free Trade Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Omooba77: 8:02am On Jun 10, 2022
Atiku Abubakar and Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidates of the main opposition PDP and the ruling APC have released their economic agendas ahead of the 2023 presidential election

Atiku Abubakar and Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidates of the main opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and the ruling All Progressives Congress respectively, have released their economic agendas ahead of the 2023 presidential election.

Atiku, who unveiled on Thursday what he called ‘The three guiding principles of my economic agenda’, promised to give the private sector a greater role in the economy.

The former vice president said his administration would break government monopoly in all sectors of the economy including infrastructure.

He vowed to allow the market a greater leverage in determining the prices, which would aid in eliminating the frequent price distortions in the country.

He added that his administration would reposition the public sector to focus on its core responsibilities.

Atiku stressed that to achieve the economic agenda, he would be guided by the three principles.

He said he would “reaffirm the critical sector of private leadership and greater private sector participation in development, while repositioning the public sector to focus on its core responsibilities of facilitation and enabling appropriate legal framework for rapid economy and social development.

He said he would break government monopoly in all infrastructural sectors including the refineries rail transportation and power submission and give private investors a larger role in funding and managing the sectors, thus emulating the benefits accrued in the oil and gas and telecom sector.

Atiku said he would “allow the market greater leverage in determining the prices; this way we shall eliminate the persistent price distortions occasioned by current interventionist exchange rate management policy.”

“Government interventions, where absolutely necessary, will be done responsibly and judiciously,” he said.

Atiku, who was also PDP’s presidential candidate in the 2019 general election, again won the party’s presidential ticket during a special national convention held in Abuja on May 28 and 29.

The primary, which was held at the MKO Abiola National Stadium in Abuja, saw him defeat 11 other aspirants after scoring 371 votes.

Tinubu, who emerged the flag-bearer of APC on Wednesday, said his team would lead Nigeria to a new era of economic prosperity, peace, security and political stability.

The former governor of Lagos State, in what he titled ‘My Vision for Nigeria’, promised that Nigeria would be transformed into greatness, the pride of Africa, a role model for all black people worldwide, and respected among all other countries.

He promised to build an economy that will make the nation’s Gross Development Product grow quicker annually for the next four years while also providing jobs for millions of youths in the country.

He also promised to launch a new national industrial policy focused on special intervention to reinvigorate specific strategic industries.

He said: “I will focus on stimulating jobs, which will be my top priority as President. I will get Nigeria to work by launching a major public works program, a significant and heavy investment in infrastructure, and value-adding manufacturing and agriculture.

“My administration will build an efficient, fast-growing, and well-diversified emerging economy with a real GDP growth averaging 12 percent annually for the next four years, translating into millions of new jobs during this period.”

Tinubu also promised to create six new regional economic development agencies, which will establish sub-regional industrial hubs to exploit each zone’s competitive advantage and optimise their potential for industrial growth.

The APC presidential candidate vowed to formulate a new national policy on agriculture to boost food production.

He promised to promote the establishment of new commodity exchange boards, while also strengthening the one in Lagos in order to guarantee minimum pricing for agricultural products such as cotton, cocoa, rice, soya beans, corn, palm kernel, and groundnuts.

On his ‘Build A New Nigeria (BANN)’ initiative, he said he would develop a national infrastructure plan, which would cover strategic roads, bridges, rail, water, power, seaports, and airports spanning the length and breadth of the country.

He said his administration would combine government funding, borrowing, public-private partnership, private sector financing and concession to initiate a medium and long-term financial model for the BANN initiative.

“On electricity, I will embark on a renewed action-oriented focus and take immediate and urgent action on resolving existing challenges of power generation plants, gas purchasing, pricing, transmission, and distribution. My administration’s critical goal is to have 15,000 megawatts distributable to all categories of consumers nationwide to ensure 24/7 sustainable supply within the next four years,” he added.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/atiku-tinubu-unveil-economic-agenda/
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Toneypen247(m): 8:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Lol grin
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by money121(m): 8:04am On Jun 10, 2022
COLD ZOBO cheesy cheesy
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Ok12345(f): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2022
See leave politics, if tinubu promises he doesn't fail...

He promised to be my Uncle who was a nobody even b4 I was born.

Years later I am a beneficiary of that promise.

It is left for you to vote for a Candidate who promises to give the youth a job cos that's all most need and a stable economy and Food.
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Omooba77: 8:09am On Jun 10, 2022
They are are not promising 40,000 MW, only 15000 now........
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by PrinceOfLagos: 8:09am On Jun 10, 2022
Ok12345:

It is left for you to vote for a Candidate who promises to give the youth a job cos that's all most need and a stable economy and Food.
This is how a president should look like

See below

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Omooba77: 8:09am On Jun 10, 2022
Ok12345:

What is working in Lagos now sir, please tell me......

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Patriot9: 8:14am On Jun 10, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

This is how a president should look like

See below
I should vote for Peter Obi because he carries his bag by himself?
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by OneCandleAway(f): 8:17am On Jun 10, 2022
Ok12345:

You don't want a better Nigeria, just a Nigeria that benefits you. Which job is Tinubu providing except recruiting people to army to eat cassava and agbado?

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by seunmsg(m): 8:18am On Jun 10, 2022
Omooba77:

If Lagos is not working, it won’t be the 5th largest economy in Africa and the destination of choice for foreign direct investment in Africa. In addition, Nigerians from all over the country (Igbos in particular) won’t be flocking to Lagos if the state is not working.

So yes, the economy of Lagos is working. As far as Nigeria is concerned, Lagos state has the best road network, public transport system, public education system, public and private health system, waste management system, revenue collection and management system, industrial and technology hub, entertainment and night life etc in Nigeria.

Now tell us, what exactly is working in Atiku’s Adamawa or Peter Obi’s Anambra more than Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by helinues: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2022
grin
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by PrinceOfLagos: 8:19am On Jun 10, 2022
Patriot9:

I should vote for Peter Obi because he carries his bag by himself?
Vote for OBI because he's experienced, young and man of integrity

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by seunmsg(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2022
OneCandleAway:

You don't want a better Nigeria, just a Nigeria that benefits you. Which job is Tinubu providing except recruiting people to army to eat cassava and agbado?

In reality, it’s you that don’t want a better Nigeria. All you want is for the SW to be defeated at all cost simply because you’re an insecure bigot.

Tinubu private and public records are available everywhere. Every of the innovative ideas he introduced as governor has been replicated by the FG and so many other states in the country. He’s the most experienced candidate going into next year’s election and if we truly want progress, we should all support him.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by nabiz(m): 8:27am On Jun 10, 2022
Tinubu will also recruit 5 million Nigerian youths into police

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Realtord43: 8:30am On Jun 10, 2022
Two Croony thief with there economic agenda on how to loot the country to stupor.

oldies wont see NIGERIA Vault

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Omooba77: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2022
Lalasticlala.....
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Omooba77: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:

If Lagos is not working, it won’t be the 5th largest economy in Africa and the destination of choice for foreign direct investment in Africa. In addition, Nigerians from all over the country (Igbos in particular) won’t be flocking to Lagos if the state is not working.

So yes, the economy of Lagos is working. As far as Nigeria is concerned, Lagos state has the best road network, public transport system, public education system, public and private health system, waste management system, revenue collection and management system, industrial and technology hub, entertainment and night life etc in Nigeria.

Now tell us, what exactly is working in Atiku’s Adamawa or Peter Obi’s Anambra more than Lagos?

You live in Abuja Auditor.....I pity your sentiments.......

Take sea ports, corporate headquarters of companies to other places, see what Lagos become..... Have you been to Oshodi- Mushin recently?... Ijesha-Itire, Abule Egba, Lekki -Ajah axis....
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Omooba77: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2022
Almost Every where in the world, government provide enabling environment, enforce law and allowed private sectors driving economy......
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by agadez007(m): 11:13am On Jun 10, 2022
Tinubu five plan agenda

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by Omooba77: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
agadez007:
Tinubu five plan agenda
I don't believe it.......
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by SarkinYarki: 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Atiku promises to drive the private sector while reducing govt recurrent expenditure while Tinubu is promising to further bloating of govt expenditure by creating more needless govt agencies , recruiting more para military (this is the only Job Tinubu creates ) to extort the masses further ... Well Nigerian youth the choice is a clear ..For a Business person like me my vote is for the person that wants to strengthen the private sector and not any Tinubus Omonile economics...I vote Atiku
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by SarkinYarki: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:

Oga 20 years of Lagos under Tinubu has been a monumental disaster plagued by slow development, massive cronyism, corruption and a dearth of critical infrastructure like roads , water supply, lighting, sewage treatment ,little wonder Lagos is rated 2nd most unlivable city on earth
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by PussyMiners: 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
Asiwaju is ready.
See the difference .
You are about to witness the most refined and best campaign in the history of this country.
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by PussyMiners: 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Oga 20 years of Lagos under Tinubu has been a monumental disaster plagued by slow development, massive cronyism, corruption and a dearth of critical infrastructure like roads , water supply, lighting, sewage treatment ,little wonder Lagos is rated 2nd most unlivable city on earth
While Anambra that was ruled by the thieving Peter Obi is a forgotten state which no one reckons with .
Is there water in Anambra ?
Are there roads in Anambra ?
Is there sewage system in Anambra ?
Is there lighting in Anambra?
How much does Anambra generate monthly ?
Is there anywhere in Anambra that can even be called a city? NO

I served in Umudege in Aguata local government of Anambra state and I can boldly say that entrusting Nigeria into the hands of Obi is akin to employing coach Austin Eguavon to manage Real Madrid .
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by PussyMiners: 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Atiku promises to drive the private sector while reducing govt recurrent expenditure while Tinubu is promising to further bloating of govt expenditure by creating more needless govt agencies , recruiting more para military (this is the only Job Tinubu creates ) to extort the masses further ... Well Nigerian youth the choice is a clear ..For a Business person like me my vote is for the person that wants to strengthen the private sector and not any Tinubus Omonile economics...I vote Atiku
Is there a better business person in Nigeria than Asiwaju ? From Oando, Intel , alphabeta to Remita etc
Asiwaju , though a capitalist has practical understanding of the numerous economic woes bedevelling Nigeria and the ways out .

Apart from intel ( Co owned with Tinubu )and his Faro waters and foods which is practically non existent in Southern Nigeria , what other business does Atiku own grin grin

Vote for a visionary. Vote for the originator of New Lagos .
See what Tinubu is doing with Eko Atlantic City.

With Tinubu , people don't have to enter night buses to Obodo Lagos wearing bathroom slippers and polythene bags to escape scorching poverty in their various enclaves .

He'd ensure a regional industrial powerhouse for each zone .

Asiwaju is the way !!!
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by PussyMiners: 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
Omooba77:

Africa's start up headquarters
Second largest economy in West Africa after Nigeria
No 1 investment destination in Nigeria
Most developed , progressive and cosmopolitan state in Nigeria grin grin

How else do you judge the workability of a state ??
I'm sure if you won a billion dollar today , your first destination would still be Lagos where nothing seems to work grin grin
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by PussyMiners: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
Omooba77:

You live in Abuja Auditor.....I pity your sentiments.......

Take sea ports, corporate headquarters of companies to other places, see what Lagos become..... Have you been to Oshodi- Mushin recently?... Ijesha-Itire, Abule Egba, Lekki -Ajah axis....
Why should we take sea ports and corporate headquarters away ??

Should we also remove all the tech startups , the markets , the beautiful beaches and the smart and resilient population ??
Should we burn down Dangote refinery too so that you can be happy

Have you also been to Lekki , VI , VGC , Osapa, Banana Island , Ikoyi and Eko athletic city recently?

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by JAMO84: 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
Every local and international organization said Tinubu did a great job in Lagos State

Only Chukwudi from Okigwe is saying otherwise

80% of Obi's achievements are audio, it was Obiano that gave Anambra its first airport.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by mighty2: 2:44pm On Jun 10, 2022
See the difference
Jagaban of Africa is the only man that is capable to fix this country...... On your mandate i still stand gidigba
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by SarkinYarki: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
PussyMiners:

Is there a better business person in Nigeria than Asiwaju ? From Oando, Intel , alphabeta to Remita etc
Asiwaju , though a capitalist has practical understanding of the numerous economic woes bedevelling Nigeria and the ways out .

Apart from intel ( Co owned with Tinubu )and his Faro waters and foods which is practically non existent in Southern Nigeria , what other business does Atiku own grin grin

Vote for a visionary. Vote for the originator of New Lagos .
See what Tinubu is doing with Eko Atlantic City.

With Tinubu , people don't have to enter night buses to Obodo Lagos wearing bathroom slippers and polythene bags to escape scorching poverty in their various enclaves .

He'd ensure a regional industrial powerhouse for each zone .

Asiwaju is the way !!!

All Asiwajus businesses have failed except for those that has to do with govt extortion..it clearly shows he is not a good manager of anything
Re: Atiku, Tinubu Unveil Economic Agendas by SarkinYarki: 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2022
JAMO84:
Every local and international organization said Tinubu did a great job in Lagos State

Only Chukwudi from Okigwe is saying otherwise

80% of Obi's achievements are audio, it was Obiano that gave Anambra its first airport.

Stop lying nobody will say anything good about a city that ranked 139 out of 140 larger cities on earth

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can’t Snatch Wike From PDP, Saraki Tells APC Governors / IPOB Places N2million On Ebubeagu Commander Over Killing Of 14 Youths / Expose On The Mindset Of A Typical Misinformed And Prejudiced Obi Supporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.