Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President (375 Views)

Bitrus Pogu: Why Middle Belt Forum Adopted Peter Obi / Why Olawepo Hashim Was Endorsed For President By Middle Belt Region / I Am A Descendant Of Abraham, I Don't Hate Christians- President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by mbos: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
The persecution facing Christians in Nigeria is extreme and often brutally violent, as Islamic militants and armed bandits attack with increasing impunity.

This mostly affects believers living in the Muslim-majority north and Middle Belt, but it’s also spreading to the south. Although all civilians are subject to threats and violence, Christians are often specifically targeted because of their faith. Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), for example, want to eliminate the presence of Christianity in Nigeria.

Men and boys are often specifically targeted by extremist groups, with the aim of destroying livelihoods and stifling Christian population growth. Christian women and girls in northern Nigeria, and increasingly further south, are vulnerable to persecution for their faith and gender.

Troublingly, discrimination against Christian men has also been reported within the government armed forces, with Christian soldiers sent to the most dangerous areas where they’re acutely at risk at being killed by Boko Haram or other extremist groups.

In northern states that operate under Sharia (Islamic law), Christians can be treated as second-class citizens, whilst Christians who convert from Islam are also at risk of pressure and persecution.
Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by ObosiLandlord(m): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
But you guys have been saying the North won't vote a southerner, una don remember say there is something called Middle belt right now? Yeebos and hypocrisy is just like bread and butter.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by mbos: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
But you guys have been saying the North won't vote a southerner, una don remember say there is something called Middle belt right now? Yeebos and hypocrisy is just like bread and butter.

Omo , who is ibo?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by ObosiLandlord(m): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2022
mbos:

Omo , who is ibo?
Peter Obi will never rule Nigeria. A Muslim will be the president of this country next year, anybody that is not happy should kill himself or herself.

You're a Igbo boy

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by alsudan: 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
I am from the middle belt and I and my people will 100% vote for Peter Obi

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by BabydiHot(f): 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Peter Obi will never rule Nigeria. A Muslim will be the president of this country next year, anybody that is not happy should kill himself or herself.

You're a Igbo boy

Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by ObosiLandlord(m): 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
BabydiHot:
[/b]

Rule 2
Please stop quoting me unnecessary. Is not compulsory you follow me.

I do not know why you had to follow me sef, I'm not on Nairaland to make friends.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by KanwuliaExtra: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2022
Christian president with no party representatives in house of reps or senate?

What laws can he pass ni ki kwa nu?
Only if LP had strong political structures across the country to give Nigerians a true option.
Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by BabydiHot(f): 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Please stop quoting me unnecessary. Is not compulsory you follow me.

I do not know why you had to follow me sef, I'm not on Nairaland to make friends.
Hehehehe
Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by Mandate2023: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
I am a Christian from middle belt and we r voting tinubu, whoever is not happy about it should jump inside d lagoon

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by mbos: 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Mandate2023:
I am a Christian from middle belt and we r voting tinubu, whoever is not happy about it should jump inside d lagoon
you are not and will never be?

voting Parkinson? senseless

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by mbos: 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Only if LP had strong political structures across the country to give Nigerians a true option.
which structure is greater
Nigerian Labour Congress?
and others

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by Ddokie: 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

If PO miraculously becomes president ( I think nothing short of a miracle will give him the seat), that one you mentioned is complete akamu case. That one is a non issue.

Our politicians are self centered, none of them cares about party.
Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by Mandate2023: 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
mbos:

you are not and will never be?

voting Parkinson? senseless

grin grin am a Christian u r saying am not...u want to force ur believe on me grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by SHINJA: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
Mandate2023:

grin grin am a Christian u r saying am not...u want to force ur believe on me grin

Stop hiding Ur Identity...

No middle belt Christian will vote for a Muslim-Muslim ticket..
Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by christistruth01: 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
Sowore
Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by KanwuliaExtra: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ddokie:

If PO miraculously becomes president ( I think nothing short of a miracle will give him the seat), that one you mentioned is complete akamu case. That one is a non issue.

Our politicians are self centered, none of them cares about party.

Really?
Is this how democracy works? cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Middle Belt Region Should Vote Christians President by ItsTutsi(m): 4:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
The irony is that Christians are the minority even in the MB
SHINJA:

Stop hiding Ur Identity...

No middle belt Christian will vote for a Muslim-Muslim ticket..
mbos:
The persecution facing Christians in Nigeria is extreme and often brutally violent, as Islamic militants and armed bandits attack with increasing impunity.

This mostly affects believers living in the Muslim-majority north and Middle Belt, but it’s also spreading to the south. Although all civilians are subject to threats and violence, Christians are often specifically targeted because of their faith. Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), for example, want to eliminate the presence of Christianity in Nigeria.

Men and boys are often specifically targeted by extremist groups, with the aim of destroying livelihoods and stifling Christian population growth. Christian women and girls in northern Nigeria, and increasingly further south, are vulnerable to persecution for their faith and gender.

Troublingly, discrimination against Christian men has also been reported within the government armed forces, with Christian soldiers sent to the most dangerous areas where they’re acutely at risk at being killed by Boko Haram or other extremist groups.

In northern states that operate under Sharia (Islamic law), Christians can be treated as second-class citizens, whilst Christians who convert from Islam are also at risk of pressure and persecution.

(1) (Reply)

Despite The Rain. Edo People Troop Out In Large Numbers To Get Their Pvc( videos / Ndigbo And The Nigerian Question By Jude Atupulazi / Reasons For A Peaceful Separation Of The Entity Called Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.